Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 529374 times)

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #5325 on: November 10, 2020, 03:56:43 pm »
I mean it's pretty well established that poor people spend money, rich people save it.
Money that working class people get goes back into the local economy, creating jobs and stimulating growth, while with each transaction the government skims off tax. Even once they're comfortably paying for all their necessities, they still splash out on "luxuries" when they can afford them.
Contrast that with rich people who store it in off-shore shell companies in countries you can't touch, or just pay someone to estimate the value of a piece of modern art as however many million they owe in tax and donate it to claim back against tax.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5326 on: November 10, 2020, 05:27:20 pm »
Isnt it proven that something like a UBI would massively boost the economy?
where?

Well big brains have done some big math and many think it would boost the economy. And it seems like common sense honestly. Take some of the tax money that mega corporations are paying and give some of it back to the middle and lower class. Then they spend that money on whatever, so it then sends that money right back into the economy by using money that is already there. Instead of them pretending that they use it on infrastructure and military etc. When they actually are just hoarding it and wasting it on dumb fuck programs that do nothing for majority of people. And the idea that it encourages laziness could be partly true, but the amount would barely be enough to live on. So people would have to work if they wanted anything extra or better. And even if some people do get lazy with it. They are still going to be spending that money so it still goes back into the economy.
so if you raise taxes on the mega corporations wouldn’t they raise the prices of their products to cover it? That seems like the common sense thing to me. Although I guess people would just use that money to buy stuff from the mega corporations to. Either way I just think it creates a unneeded reliance on the government who usually sucks at their job

Didn’t you say you were a republican?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 05:32:59 pm by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doctor Noob/2LBI_CSgt_Noob
« Reply #5327 on: November 10, 2020, 08:20:03 pm »
Are we talking about the economy ?
Just break up the big monopolies when needed and we're all good

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5328 on: November 10, 2020, 10:26:25 pm »
where?

Well big brains have done some big math and many think it would boost the economy. And it seems like common sense honestly. Take some of the tax money that mega corporations are paying and give some of it back to the middle and lower class. Then they spend that money on whatever, so it then sends that money right back into the economy by using money that is already there. Instead of them pretending that they use it on infrastructure and military etc. When they actually are just hoarding it and wasting it on dumb fuck programs that do nothing for majority of people. And the idea that it encourages laziness could be partly true, but the amount would barely be enough to live on. So people would have to work if they wanted anything extra or better. And even if some people do get lazy with it. They are still going to be spending that money so it still goes back into the economy.
so if you raise taxes on the mega corporations wouldn’t they raise the prices of their products to cover it? That seems like the common sense thing to me. Although I guess people would just use that money to buy stuff from the mega corporations to. Either way I just think it creates a unneeded reliance on the government who usually sucks at their job

The most cost effective UBI would be a UBI that replaces many existing welfare programs

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
« Reply #5329 on: November 11, 2020, 05:57:52 am »
where?

Companies nowadays have grown much faster and outpaced wage growth especially on the lower end of the spectrum. Federal minimum wage hasn't been increased since may 2007 where it became 7.25 which should be a little over 9$ if it kept just pace with inflation and not economic growth.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5330 on: November 11, 2020, 06:13:34 am »
where?

Companies nowadays have grown much faster and outpaced wage growth especially on the lower end of the spectrum. Federal minimum wage hasn't been increased since may 2007 where it became 7.25 which should be a little over 9$ if it kept just pace with inflation and not economic growth.

Spoiler
[close]
what jobs actually pay minimum wage?
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
« Reply #5331 on: November 11, 2020, 06:31:45 am »
where?

Spoiler
[close]
what jobs actually pay minimum wage?

i mean if ur argument is that minimum wage people don't work hard enough then whatever so be it but the productivity of American workers as a whole still hasn't kept pace with wage growth

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #5332 on: November 11, 2020, 09:10:39 am »
I find it astonishing that America didnt reform its voting system fucking ONCE since it got created. Its so incredibly backwards.

the dude who got 15 years of this

[close]
Thank you for reminding us that today, 82 years ago, Germans committed one of the worst crimes against fellow Germans leading up to World War 2 and the holocaust - although your picture is from 2018, marking the 80th anniversary. Never forget, always remember. Stand together as Germans against those who attempt to bring us down by terror and segregation. Besides that, let's remember that today 31 years ago the Wall came down, leading to a strong, unified, and historically grounded Germany which we can be proud of, just as stated by Cazasar and depicted by yourself. Cheers!

Spoiler

One year later

[close]

#ProudToBeAGerman
cucked and krautpilled my dude  8)
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5333 on: November 11, 2020, 04:02:03 pm »
I find it astonishing that America didnt reform its voting system fucking ONCE since it got created. Its so incredibly backwards.

[close]
Thank you for reminding us that today, 82 years ago, Germans committed one of the worst crimes against fellow Germans leading up to World War 2 and the holocaust - although your picture is from 2018, marking the 80th anniversary. Never forget, always remember. Stand together as Germans against those who attempt to bring us down by terror and segregation. Besides that, let's remember that today 31 years ago the Wall came down, leading to a strong, unified, and historically grounded Germany which we can be proud of, just as stated by Cazasar and depicted by yourself. Cheers!

Spoiler

One year later

[close]

#ProudToBeAGerman
Spoiler

[close]
hahahaha get out of you echo chamber dude
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #5334 on: November 12, 2020, 01:12:34 am »

[close]

Spoiler

One year later

[close]

#ProudToBeAGerman
Spoiler

[close]
hahahaha get out of you echo chamber dude
cope

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5335 on: November 12, 2020, 01:33:01 am »
Whatever makes you happy son
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Kraz

• CIS Spanker
  • Colonel
  • cool guy
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wódka jest fajna
« Reply #5336 on: November 18, 2020, 01:10:39 pm »
Trump is going to win

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5337 on: November 19, 2020, 04:05:03 pm »
Trump is going to win

He lost weeks ago lul.

Offline Kraz

• CIS Spanker
  • Colonel
  • cool guy
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wódka jest fajna