Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 530047 times)

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #5310 on: November 07, 2020, 07:03:50 pm »
Damn. Looks like a Pyrrhic victory at best for the Dems. Republicans may have lost their best meatshield in history, but they gained in the house and held the senate (unless the GA runoff goes favorably for the Dems). They will certainly come back with a vengeance in '22 and given historical trends, it could be a complete blowout barring any major revelations.
Imagine if Republicans could scrounge up a half decent candidate? Would probably go very poorly for Biden. But historically he will probably win his second term as long as he Doesn’t massively fuck up or die.

They don't even need a half decent candidate. Trump would have annihilated Biden if he just shut his mouth and came up with a somewhat effective COVID response.

Trump has a diehard fan base. The next guy won’t
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5311 on: November 07, 2020, 07:54:06 pm »
Damn. Looks like a Pyrrhic victory at best for the Dems. Republicans may have lost their best meatshield in history, but they gained in the house and held the senate (unless the GA runoff goes favorably for the Dems). They will certainly come back with a vengeance in '22 and given historical trends, it could be a complete blowout barring any major revelations.
Imagine if Republicans could scrounge up a half decent candidate? Would probably go very poorly for Biden. But historically he will probably win his second term as long as he Doesn’t massively fuck up or die.

They don't even need a half decent candidate. Trump would have annihilated Biden if he just shut his mouth and came up with a somewhat effective COVID response.

Trump has a diehard fan base. The next guy won’t

Given the rise of populist rhetoric in this country, I highly doubt Trump will be an anomaly. Pandora's box has been burst wide open. The Republicans are aware of what gets their base riled up. they just need to play it right by finding an effective message and the right man to say it.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #5312 on: November 08, 2020, 06:55:43 am »
I want tucker carlson to be the next fuhrer

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5313 on: November 08, 2020, 07:10:12 am »
I want tucker carlson to be the next fuhrer
id rather vote for Hillary
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: November 09, 2020, 09:37:57 am »
I find it astonishing that America didnt reform its voting system fucking ONCE since it got created. Its so incredibly backwards.

UBI is stupid and I will never support someone who wants it

Ahh you're one of those that likes paying taxes to get next to nothing in return for it.
Isnt it proven that something like a UBI would massively boost the economy?
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: November 09, 2020, 10:04:29 am »
Watchu mean the founding fathers are basically gods (let's forget that they had slaves *cough*) and the constitution was made to be circle jerked by all American citizens.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #5317 on: November 09, 2020, 10:08:08 am »
I find it astonishing that America didnt reform its voting system fucking ONCE since it got created. Its so incredibly backwards.

the dude who got 15 years of this
[close]
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 10:12:20 am by Rutger Müller »

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: November 09, 2020, 11:07:50 am »

the dude who got 15 years of this

[close]
Thank you for reminding us that today, 82 years ago, Germans committed one of the worst crimes against fellow Germans leading up to World War 2 and the holocaust - although your picture is from 2018, marking the 80th anniversary. Never forget, always remember. Stand together as Germans against those who attempt to bring us down by terror and segregation. Besides that, let's remember that today 31 years ago the Wall came down, leading to a strong, unified, and historically grounded Germany which we can be proud of, just as stated by Cazasar and depicted by yourself. Cheers!

Spoiler

One year later

[close]

#ProudToBeAGerman

Besides that, I definitely agree with Cazasar. I'm always astonished by how backwards the US really is in some regards. I'm working at a universityhospital here in Germany where we often treat US army personnel, high ranks most of the time. They even bring in their families and children, preferring our care much over the US system. Looking at what happened with COVID, I can definitely understand why.
Regarding the Voting System, it is my understanding that the Electoral College was a useful institution in times where voting a President was hilariously difficult due to the distances that had to be covered. Voting for Electors who then choose the President was easier to control and manage logistically I guess. Difficult to weigh the cons and pros on this one though imo, it's about completly different systems after all.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 12:27:35 pm by Ted »
Dat kid who put up a global banlist back in Betty's times.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #5319 on: November 09, 2020, 12:13:39 pm »
USA gave Germany freedom and democracy, pretty sure they know how to handle themselves ;p
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: November 09, 2020, 12:32:20 pm »
USA gave Germany freedom and democracy, pretty sure they know how to handle themselves ;p
they sure did, they even aided in making the best constitution known the world. But they still live with an age old system wich has its roots in a time were slavery was the norm and people were mostly farmers.
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Phailur

« Reply #5321 on: November 09, 2020, 02:01:29 pm »
where?

Offline Kraz

• CIS Spanker
  • Colonel
  • cool guy
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wódka jest fajna
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5322 on: November 09, 2020, 02:20:38 pm »
you guys deserve an exdee

Offline Sadman

• Second Lieutenant
  • failed abortions are miracles
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sadman
« Reply #5323 on: November 09, 2020, 10:16:53 pm »
i guess we can't rek any more libs the coming 4 years  :'(
dont come here with that posh talk you nasty stuck-up twit

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5324 on: November 09, 2020, 11:16:30 pm »
where?

Well big brains have done some big math and many think it would boost the economy. And it seems like common sense honestly. Take some of the tax money that mega corporations are paying and give some of it back to the middle and lower class. Then they spend that money on whatever, so it then sends that money right back into the economy by using money that is already there. Instead of them pretending that they use it on infrastructure and military etc. When they actually are just hoarding it and wasting it on dumb fuck programs that do nothing for majority of people. And the idea that it encourages laziness could be partly true, but the amount would barely be enough to live on. So people would have to work if they wanted anything extra or better. And even if some people do get lazy with it. They are still going to be spending that money so it still goes back into the economy.