Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 529275 times)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #5265 on: November 05, 2020, 02:19:07 am »
See, Trump has ruined the Republican Party. Now majority of the youth and the country in general thinks Republicans are just a bunch of racist rednecks. When that really isn't the case. So Democrats are going to dominate for the foreseeable future, as most of these die hard trump supporters are going to literally die off. The Republican Party needs a candidate like Marco Rubio. Someone to try and be more moderate and reconnect with more youthful voters that lean towards the middle.
this has been the lefts view of the right for decades. I know you're probably too young to know that but this is a brainlet take. a right winger trying to use a moderate candidate just moves the party farther to the left which is kind of their strategy. that's how you get someone like Mitt Romney who is incredibly out of touch with blue collar right wingers

playing on their terms is still playing their game :)

Joe Biden was easily the most moderate centrist pick the Democrats could've gone with and it looked early like Bernie Sanders would be the nominee. The Democrats are being moved further to the right to appease independents because this is an election to beat Trump not to "play any games". ABC news also said that 7% of Mail in ballots were not delivered by the USPS. People being suspicious of "sudden mail in ballot dumps" are not realizing this was supposed to happen and they said this would happen for weeks. The opposite happened in Florida and Texas where Biden was up big early with mail in ballots but as election day votes came in the states swung back to trump. The midwestern states simply did the opposite and counted mail in ballots after election day ones.
Bruh he chose Kamela Harris as his running mate
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doctor Noob/2LBI_CSgt_Noob
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #5266 on: November 05, 2020, 02:28:29 am »
See, Trump has ruined the Republican Party. Now majority of the youth and the country in general thinks Republicans are just a bunch of racist rednecks. When that really isn't the case. So Democrats are going to dominate for the foreseeable future, as most of these die hard trump supporters are going to literally die off. The Republican Party needs a candidate like Marco Rubio. Someone to try and be more moderate and reconnect with more youthful voters that lean towards the middle.
this has been the lefts view of the right for decades. I know you're probably too young to know that but this is a brainlet take. a right winger trying to use a moderate candidate just moves the party farther to the left which is kind of their strategy. that's how you get someone like Mitt Romney who is incredibly out of touch with blue collar right wingers

Joe Biden was easily the most moderate centrist pick the Democrats could've gone with and it looked early like Bernie Sanders would be the nominee. The Democrats are being moved further to the right to appease independents because this is an election to beat Trump not to "play any games". ABC news also said that 7% of Mail in ballots were not delivered by the USPS. People being suspicious of "sudden mail in ballot dumps" are not realizing this was supposed to happen and they said this would happen for weeks. The opposite happened in Florida and Texas where Biden was up big early with mail in ballots but as election day votes came in the states swung back to trump. The midwestern states simply did the opposite and counted mail in ballots after election day ones.
Bruh he chose Kamela Harris as his running mate
He had to get the more left leaning dems somehow

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #5267 on: November 05, 2020, 02:54:27 am »
Kamala Harris is one of the reasons I didn’t vote for Biden.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #5268 on: November 05, 2020, 03:16:43 am »

1- I am older then you.
2- I am a Republican and have been since I was a junior in high school.
3- It isn't playing their game. Both parties need to be more centered. You have to be able to see both sides. And leaning far-right or far-left is wrong in a modern world. Both parties need moderate candidates. Because majority of the country is full of moderate people in reality. Which is why Trump lost. Because he pushed away to many of the moderate center leaning Republicans. Also Trump isn't even a true Republican. He has been flip flopping parties his whole life.
4- Mitt Romney would of been a great Republican leader.
this post smells of Israel First neocon

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5269 on: November 05, 2020, 03:45:14 am »
All the democrats from NY, NJ, and California moving to states like Texas, North Carolina, Georgia, and Florida has impacted and will further impact elections in the future. Republicans won’t win unless they have a polarizing figure like Trump or a young charismatic candidate that is moderate and not very conservative.

I personally think the party system is trash and we need to do something about it. These two candidates are garbage and the other parties could’ve had a huge opportunity here to win votes (Almost like Gary Johnson in 2016). The media doesn’t give any other parties attention and I feel like third party candidates do a shit job of marketing and using the internet to influence votes.

Now we are stuck with Joe Biden for a couple years and then a Marxist in Kamala Harris for the rest of the term.

Yang 2024
yeah Gary Johnson the pothead with his brain fried is a great example of third party candidates
I'm just stating that he actually got a decent chunk of votes. I believe a third party candidate has the ability to actually compete for votes especially if they run a good campaign. There was no better time than now for someone to step up outside of the Republican or Democratic parties, and nobody took advantage. All it takes nowadays is an internet movement.

If a third party candidate ever gets big in this current climate, it will simply be a repeat of Ross Perot. The political tribalism runs too deep for any other party to make wiggle room. All you can hope for is that demographics shift just enough for the DNC and GOP to actually listen

A Ross Perot is exactly what we need. If Yang ran as an independent in this election and took part in the debates I honestly think he’d have gotten at least 20,000,000 votes. Someone similar can make a push in the next election I believe. (But IMO this election was the best time for a third party candidate to make a statement and they failed miserably)

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5270 on: November 05, 2020, 04:07:10 am »
All the democrats from NY, NJ, and California moving to states like Texas, North Carolina, Georgia, and Florida has impacted and will further impact elections in the future. Republicans won’t win unless they have a polarizing figure like Trump or a young charismatic candidate that is moderate and not very conservative.

I personally think the party system is trash and we need to do something about it. These two candidates are garbage and the other parties could’ve had a huge opportunity here to win votes (Almost like Gary Johnson in 2016). The media doesn’t give any other parties attention and I feel like third party candidates do a shit job of marketing and using the internet to influence votes.

Now we are stuck with Joe Biden for a couple years and then a Marxist in Kamala Harris for the rest of the term.

Yang 2024
yeah Gary Johnson the pothead with his brain fried is a great example of third party candidates
I'm just stating that he actually got a decent chunk of votes. I believe a third party candidate has the ability to actually compete for votes especially if they run a good campaign. There was no better time than now for someone to step up outside of the Republican or Democratic parties, and nobody took advantage. All it takes nowadays is an internet movement.

If a third party candidate ever gets big in this current climate, it will simply be a repeat of Ross Perot. The political tribalism runs too deep for any other party to make wiggle room. All you can hope for is that demographics shift just enough for the DNC and GOP to actually listen

A Ross Perot is exactly what we need. If Yang ran as an independent in this election and took part in the debates I honestly think he’d have gotten at least 20,000,000 votes. Someone similar can make a push in the next election I believe. (But IMO this election was the best time for a third party candidate to make a statement and they failed miserably)

Wtf none of this logic ever makes sense to me. How can you guys truly believe that Andrew Yang is the best candidate for America and then somehow make the jump all the way to Trump. Biden will be a lot closer to Andrew Yang on like every issue ever and was even endorsed by him. You say you want Andrew Yang yet you pull for Trump? This is just like 2016 where all the progressive democrats said Clinton wasn't good enough. You guys say you want this stuff but then vote completely opposite of it because it's not exactly what you wanted. If you were a true Yang supporter you would realize like he did, that Biden would be a lot closer of a candidate to him then Trump would be.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #5271 on: November 05, 2020, 04:30:34 am »
Y'all are forgetting the G.O.A.T Independant candidate George Wallace he was a great leader!

Spoiler
[close]

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #5272 on: November 05, 2020, 04:37:09 am »

Yang 2024

A Ross Perot is definitely not what we need. Granted, he did tally 20 million votes and hurt his chances by temporarily dropping out, but the main contributor his success was the general apathy towards both Bush and Clinton. 

The gears are locked and both major parties have locked in. Unless we see a grand spiritual reawakening in political independence amongst the American people, don't expect a third party to rise from the ashes of partisan conflict.

As for Yang, his lasted legacy will be Freedom Dividend. That singular push for UBI has ignited the possibility of it becoming mainstream across a broad spectrum of candidates. If automation keeps going the way that it will, then a popular UBI proposition could be seen within the next decade.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5273 on: November 05, 2020, 04:39:26 am »
tbh, the best time for a 3rd party candidate  would of been 2016.  You had 2 very disliked people.  Biden is not as hated/disliked as clinton is/was.  To have a chance though, they would of had to had relatively large base early in the race.  showing up a month or 2 before election day just wont cut it.  they would probably need a lot of large donors.

and at this point, the vast majority of people are very for/against trump.  i doubt as many people would want to risk their vote for someone else.   and if you are a 3rd party candidate, do you want to risk the person you dislike more winning?

3rd party candidates in general tend to take more from one of the parties, rather than an even split.  the best chance a 3rd party candidate would have is if both parties nominate someone on the extreme ends, and they can take all the moderate and independent voters.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5274 on: November 05, 2020, 06:23:30 am »
Notice how even though Biden has a 100k vote lead in Arizona he's not suing to stop counting the ballots. You can't want to count the ballots in Arizona and then want to stop the counting in Pennsylvania.

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #5275 on: November 05, 2020, 06:45:28 am »
Notice how even though Biden has a 100k vote lead in Arizona he's not suing to stop counting the ballots. You can't want to count the ballots in Arizona and then want to stop the counting in Pennsylvania.

To add to this, Trump protestors have now shutdown a station in Maricopa County, a place where Trump needs to win a significant percentage in order to make Arizona viable again.

We have gone full circle, where counting the votes is now considered fraudulent.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5276 on: November 05, 2020, 08:33:59 am »

Yang 2024

Wtf none of this logic ever makes sense to me. How can you guys truly believe that Andrew Yang is the best candidate for America and then somehow make the jump all the way to Trump. Biden will be a lot closer to Andrew Yang on like every issue ever and was even endorsed by him. You say you want Andrew Yang yet you pull for Trump? This is just like 2016 where all the progressive democrats said Clinton wasn't good enough. You guys say you want this stuff but then vote completely opposite of it because it's not exactly what you wanted. If you were a true Yang supporter you would realize like he did, that Biden would be a lot closer of a candidate to him then Trump would be.
"According to three Insider polls of voters who hadn't decided whether they're voting Republican or Democrat, 46% said they would be satisfied with him as the nominee, the highest level of support among any Democratic candidate. Former Vice President Joe Biden held the next-highest percentage of undecided voters, with 42%."
https://www.businessinsider.com/right-leaning-voters-support-andrew-yang-2020-1 (good article that might explain why Yang swayed 2016 Trump voters)

Yang appeals to me a lot more than two 70+ year old men (one an internet troll, the other deteriorating mentally). Yang is more relatable and is a young fresh face. He speaks well and his motto "not left, not right, forward" is something I also believe in. Took a while to learn and get used to his UBI plan but I can get over it. Stimulus checks worked out during the pandemic. I can see it happening more often in the future. I agree with his outlook that automation will one day replace many jobs and we have to prepare and not avoid it. Some of the things I disagree with him on are the taxes he'd propose on Wall Street trades, and his VAT taxes.

(Also Yang, and most democratic leaders/candidates, are expected to endorse the leader of their party)

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5277 on: November 05, 2020, 09:42:31 am »

Yang 2024

"According to three Insider polls of voters who hadn't decided whether they're voting Republican or Democrat, 46% said they would be satisfied with him as the nominee, the highest level of support among any Democratic candidate. Former Vice President Joe Biden held the next-highest percentage of undecided voters, with 42%."
https://www.businessinsider.com/right-leaning-voters-support-andrew-yang-2020-1 (good article that might explain why Yang swayed 2016 Trump voters)

Yang appeals to me a lot more than two 70+ year old men (one an internet troll, the other deteriorating mentally). Yang is more relatable and is a young fresh face. He speaks well and his motto "not left, not right, forward" is something I also believe in. Took a while to learn and get used to his UBI plan but I can get over it. Stimulus checks worked out during the pandemic. I can see it happening more often in the future. I agree with his outlook that automation will one day replace many jobs and we have to prepare and not avoid it. Some of the things I disagree with him on are the taxes he'd propose on Wall Street trades, and his VAT taxes.

(Also Yang, and most democratic leaders/candidates, are expected to endorse the leader of their party)

But you do understand that stuff like UBI is more likely to be accomplished under more leftist regimes? This means that by pulling for Trump you're setting back your own agenda further. Yes Yang is "expected" to endorse Biden but like you said... there in the same party. They're going to have a lot more in common than Trump and Yang are and if Yang were to be elected in the future someday they still have to push through their basic agenda before they get to stuff like UBI. An increase to minimum wage is much more likely than passing universal basic income. How can you expect to have UBI in a nation where there is no universal healthcare? 

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #5278 on: November 05, 2020, 11:45:21 am »
UBI is stupid and I will never support someone who wants it
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #5279 on: November 05, 2020, 03:25:17 pm »
Why does having universal healthcare have any effect on the viability of UBI? The federal government is already very good at mailing cheques, it would be fairly simple to implement a nationwide UBI

Also Hawk man I think the point you’re missing on why Trump supporters would support Yang is that Yang talked about how he understood why people who don’t necessarily like Trump voted him anyways (disengagement from society and the economy, dissatisfaction with mainstream politicians) and Yang treated Trump supporters as legitimate voters with legitimate reasons for voting for him, which is not really popular among Democratic circles. Both of these things resonated with Trump supporters, even if they had policy differences with Yang. A lot of people vote for a persons character and political identity rather than strictly policy, and Yang’s character was much more appealing than any other Dem candidate

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)