Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 529845 times)

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #4365 on: September 22, 2018, 05:55:59 pm »
Hell I'm not going to fight. Fuck off with conscription. They can shoot a bullet through my head I don't care.

You have troubles working out what nationality you are, let alone that sort of decision.

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4366 on: September 22, 2018, 07:53:05 pm »
Energy drinks are as bad as smoking.

Relax Mr Hitchens, it was only a one-off.

However, will age restrictions really prove effective at combating obesity in this manner, given that in 2017, 1 in 4 British adults and 3/10 minors (aged 2-15) were considered obese? IDs won't deter consenting adults or bad parents.

AeroNinja

« Reply #4367 on: September 22, 2018, 08:26:20 pm »
Calm yourself keyboard warrior. We both know you'd shit your pants just before they'd pull the trigger.
Why should I be afraid of dying? Everyone dies. It's just a matter of time. If you get a bullet in your head, you won't feel any pain. It's a split-second and you are no more.

If you want to take up arms if they bring conscription in again and shoot people who leave family behind, well you do that then. I can't get it over my heart killing people.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 08:29:55 pm by 【 DΛRKWΛVΣ 】 »

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: September 22, 2018, 09:24:18 pm »
Energy drinks are as bad as smoking.

Relax Mr Hitchens, it was only a one-off.

However, will age restrictions really prove effective at combating obesity in this manner, given that in 2017, 1 in 4 British adults and 3/10 minors (aged 2-15) were considered obese? IDs won't deter consenting adults or bad parents.

That's actually a big compliment since PH is my idol  ;D

IDs probably won't do much to deter people since these things are quite addictive, and most of it is due to terrible parenting anyway. But if you attack the problem from as many sides as people and build up marginal gains across the board then you'll see progress.

Offline Svensson

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4369 on: September 23, 2018, 02:49:12 am »
Calm yourself keyboard warrior. We both know you'd shit your pants just before they'd pull the trigger.
Why should I be afraid of dying? Everyone dies. It's just a matter of time. If you get a bullet in your head, you won't feel any pain. It's a split-second and you are no more.

If you want to take up arms if they bring conscription in again and shoot people who leave family behind, well you do that then. I can't get it over my heart killing people.
Freedom doesn't come for free my friend.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #4370 on: September 23, 2018, 09:20:45 pm »
If you want to take up arms if they bring conscription in again and shoot people who leave family behind,

1. I wouldn't have to take up arms in a conscription event.
2. I'd rather shoot them than they shoot me.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

AeroNinja

« Reply #4371 on: September 23, 2018, 09:53:51 pm »
Simple, if you don't go to war you can't get shot. Life isn't a movie where you can be a hero and save, shoot everyone you want.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #4372 on: September 23, 2018, 09:56:19 pm »
Simple, if you don't go to war you can't get shot.

Uh...

AeroNinja

« Reply #4373 on: September 23, 2018, 10:01:51 pm »

Uh...
Uh... what? Whats the point in getting conscripted and not go to war...

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #4374 on: September 23, 2018, 10:12:55 pm »
Simple, if you don't go to war you can't get shot. Life isn't a movie where you can be a hero and save, shoot everyone you want.

With just my two years in the academy I cannot say to be a walking oracle, but you just ate the fucking cake on not knowing how an actual army works and what it means to be a soldier...
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4375 on: September 23, 2018, 10:53:16 pm »

That's probably true if you're a Brit or living in NA/Oceania. If you're a continental European on the other hand...

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: September 23, 2018, 10:57:28 pm »

That's probably true if you're a Brit or living in NA/Oceania. If you're a continental European on the other hand...
as a brit you are probably getting stabbed true.
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

AeroNinja

« Reply #4377 on: September 24, 2018, 07:03:51 am »

With just my two years in the academy I cannot say to be a walking oracle, but you just ate the fucking cake on not knowing how an actual army works and what it means to be a soldier...

What it means to be a soldier? Do you know what the americans besides shooting terrorists did? Pissing on innocent dead bodies, probably also raped a few. But oh yes media doesnt show this. And not only the Americans btw. There is no honor in being a freakin soldier friend. Its all about killing. And yeah you can come with, but what if your army doesnt protect you? I dont need someone to protect me so he has to kill others.

Offline fruitocino

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18e SgtMaj
    • View Profile
« Reply #4378 on: September 24, 2018, 08:11:45 am »
Including the US in that might be a bit of a stretch  :D

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
« Reply #4379 on: September 24, 2018, 08:29:33 am »
I guess since we're on the subject, I voted no but not really because it's "against freedoms"; rather, it would be a disgrace to fight for our current Yankee empire.
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story