Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 529410 times)

Offline Von Bergen

• Best Kindergarten Teacher EU West
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
    • 23rd Ts
  • Nick: Jay Mc Lovin
  • Side: Union
Re: The General Political Thread - Brexit poll (#FSEXIT)
« Reply #4305 on: September 10, 2018, 08:57:15 pm »
I really don't see how an attack on the Syrian regime could be constitutional. The Bundeswehr is only meant to defend, there's no way of explaining how it would be defending Germany by bombing Assad.
There is in Fact a way in the Parlamentsbeteiligungs-Gesetz (ParlBG ("Participation of the parliament in the decision of military strikes law"  ), which is legitimized by the constitution, but that way is not given here.

Offline fruitocino

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18e SgtMaj
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #4306 on: September 10, 2018, 10:33:50 pm »
There will never be a yes to a military strike in our parliament atm, and without that no strike because constitution. The Option without the parliament mentoined is not given as it is held back for emergencys, not for Situations that need quick actions for the sake of efficency
I agree, it's a very different premise compared to our involvement in Afghanistan, especially considering all the parties already involved, even on opposing sides.

Offline Von Bergen

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
    • 23rd Ts
« Reply #4307 on: September 10, 2018, 10:36:32 pm »
There will never be a yes to a military strike in our parliament atm, and without that no strike because constitution. The Option without the parliament mentoined is not given as it is held back for emergencys, not for Situations that need quick actions for the sake of efficency
I agree, it's a very different premise compared to our involvement in Afghanistan, especially considering all the parties already involved, even on opposing sides.
Also Afghanistan was a NATO Mission, dont think this will happen with any syrian involvement

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #4308 on: September 10, 2018, 10:47:24 pm »
I find it amusing, although not surprising that the German constitution has a clause about not bombing other countries lol.

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: September 11, 2018, 01:10:51 am »
I really don't see how an attack on the Syrian regime could be constitutional. The Bundeswehr is only meant to defend, there's no way of explaining how it would be defending Germany by bombing Assad.

There was no way of explaining how invading Iraq would protect Americans from terrorists trained in afghanistan, hidden in Pakistan, and funded by Saudis but did Bush let that stop him? No!

Whats your excuse Germans smdh
Why am I still here

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4310 on: September 11, 2018, 01:37:25 am »
Germany is a psychopathic country so I guess it's a good thing they don't currently have an army.

Makes no sense for them to think about bombing Syria given they don't even have the ability to do it. Unless of course Merkel isn't intending to send in the German Air Force, but is instead going to unilaterally volunteer other European countries to do it on her behalf. She already opened up their borders unilaterally so it wouldn't surprise me.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #4311 on: September 11, 2018, 07:57:27 am »
I really hope you're kidding
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline fruitocino

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18e SgtMaj
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: September 11, 2018, 08:06:07 am »
Steven throwing bait out there, as per usual  ::)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: September 11, 2018, 10:33:38 am »
200 days left boys.

Offline Von Bergen

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
    • 23rd Ts
« Reply #4314 on: September 11, 2018, 11:48:59 am »

There was no way of explaining how invading Iraq would protect Americans from terrorists trained in afghanistan, hidden in Pakistan, and funded by Saudis but did Bush let that stop him? No!

Whats your excuse Germans smdh
In Germany the parliament would stop Merkel with help of the high court so...

Germany is a psychopathic country so I guess it's a good thing they don't currently have an army.

Makes no sense for them to think about bombing Syria given they don't even have the ability to do it. Unless of course Merkel isn't intending to send in the German Air Force, but is instead going to unilaterally volunteer other European countries to do it on her behalf. She already opened up their borders unilaterally so it wouldn't surprise me.
You must know a Lot about Germany  ::)

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: September 11, 2018, 02:31:21 pm »

Which part isn't true?

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: September 11, 2018, 04:39:59 pm »

About which bit? Because it's absolutely true that Germany is a psychopathic country.

Offline Von Bergen

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
    • 23rd Ts
« Reply #4317 on: September 11, 2018, 05:30:26 pm »

About which bit? Because it's absolutely true that Germany is a psychopathic country.
How can one be so presumptuous that he is calling a whole country psychopathic...
Steve i have read a lot of your Posts here in the last months, and therefore i know that you know shit about germany. In my Opinion you know shit about politics at all. You are just posting random articles to trigger a discussion and afterwards pushing populist opinions.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 05:37:13 pm by VonBergen »

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: September 11, 2018, 05:55:42 pm »

How can one be so presumptuous that he is calling a whole country psychopathic...

You misunderstand, I'm not saying all German people are psychopaths, I'm saying Germany as a country behaves psychopathically on the world stage and always has done.

Steve i have read a lot of your Posts here in the last months, and therefore i know that you know shit about germany. In my Opinion you know shit about politics at all. You are just posting random articles to trigger a discussion and afterwards pushing populist opinions.

I clearly know more about German foreign and economic policy than you do. If it's populist to despise what Germany is doing to Southern Europe then so be it. Your country is a disgrace and you should be deeply embarrassed about that.

Offline Von Bergen

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
    • 23rd Ts
« Reply #4319 on: September 11, 2018, 06:12:37 pm »

You misunderstand, I'm not saying all German people are psychopaths, I'm saying Germany as a country behaves psychopathically on the world stage and always has done.

I clearly know more about German foreign and economic policy than you do. If it's populist to despise what Germany is doing to Southern Europe then so be it. Your country is a disgrace and you should be deeply embarrassed about that.
Oh i did in fact got you right there. To this post i could just repost my first one, but i think you know what i want to say.
I have no idea why you think you are capable of judging how much i know about politics (of my own fucking country) as i do Not participate in the conversation here on a regular, but i think it is clear that you said that as a response to your ego beeing hurt by what a said. But no worries, that is only human. The populist term was not meant to reffer to your Posts about Germany and southern europe, it was meant to reffer to (nearly) all of your Posts.