Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 529584 times)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
Re: The General Political Thread - Brexit poll (#FSEXIT)
« Reply #4020 on: July 05, 2018, 04:12:41 pm »
we did that
bet you can’t do it again
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: July 09, 2018, 02:48:42 pm »
So how is that brexit going? Cos really, I don't even know anymore. Can someone (seriously) please just enlighten me?

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: July 10, 2018, 12:14:10 am »
So how is that brexit going? Cos really, I don't even know anymore. Can someone (seriously) please just enlighten me?
All the politicians that 'wanted'  it retired.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4024 on: July 12, 2018, 07:10:33 pm »

No idea, ball is back in EU's court after May signed off on the latest round of proposals so it's up to Brussels to examine them. Should be a formality as Merkel has already signed off on them (May's been negotiating with Berlin only for the last month).

In other news Juncker is drunk at yet another international summit, stumbling all over the place in front of the cameras and had to be helped by several leaders. They're claiming he just had back pain... ::)

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: July 12, 2018, 08:12:36 pm »
He isn't drunken, he's suffering from Sciatica. The movement of his left leg shows that quite clearly, that's 100% not alcohol-induced. Look at his left leg, then at his right, then compare to the rest of his body. It can be seen easily, especially in this video, and as being a student of medicine I'm actually starting to get pissed about all these people thinking that kind of walk was based on an alcohol problem. You can't imagine the amount of discrimination people suffering of these kinds of nervous illnesses face every day. It's rooted in his Plexus lumbosacralis, not in his whole central nervous system, everyone who has at least some idea of how a body works can see that. That's a regional reaction, not a central one, which - guess what - hurts like hell in your back

But "nooooo, I have no idea about what I see there, but let's just claim hes being drunk and jerk myself off on that because it makes me feel good". There might have been cases where he was drunk, dunno, but he certainly wasn't sufferig alcohol-induced movement restrictions there. That's a regional nervous problem, not a central one.

No offense to you, but to the video-uploader.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 08:34:05 pm by Ted »
Dat kid who put up a global banlist back in Betty's times.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: July 12, 2018, 08:49:54 pm »
Juncker has a history of getting drunk at these kinds of summits and embarrassing himself. Last year his aides had to babysit him in his room after he got pissed during UN peace talks over Cyprus. He may well have been both drunk and suffering from sciatica. My wife isn't here (Junior Doctor) so I'll take your word for it. But his claim to have not been drunk isn't helped by his fucking about in Trump's chair at the summit.

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: July 12, 2018, 08:55:22 pm »
Juncker has a history of getting drunk at these kinds of summits and embarrassing himself. Last year his aides had to babysit him in his room after he got pissed during UN peace talks over Cyprus. He may well have been both drunk and suffering from sciatica. My wife isn't here (Junior Doctor) so I'll take your word for it. But his claim to have not been drunk isn't helped by his fucking about in Trump's chair at the summit.

I agree with you when it comes to his appearance as a whole at the moment and at other meetings. After all, his love for alcohol has been known quite well. But I'm still pretty annoyed by the fact that at this point no one cares about proper observation any more, people just jump on what they want to think. He would need to be a pretty good actor and have quite a lot of self-control to make alcohol-abusus look like this.  :P
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 09:37:38 pm by Ted »
Dat kid who put up a global banlist back in Betty's times.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4029 on: July 13, 2018, 12:57:22 am »
US sticking their nose where it isn’t wanted. If he was that arsed about trade with the UK then he wouldn’t have slapped tariffs on us.

A trade deal with the US after Brexit would be great, but we shouldn’t let Trump define to us our negotiations with the EU. It’s a matter for this country to decide, not him. He’s always used threats to get his way.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 01:04:29 am by Toffee »

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #4030 on: July 13, 2018, 04:01:14 am »

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: July 13, 2018, 05:24:18 am »

saw this made me lol hard

> include the welsh  8)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: July 13, 2018, 12:41:32 pm »
Walexit

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #4033 on: July 13, 2018, 02:19:36 pm »
Lol Trump massively helped the EU's standpoint and bargaining position against the UK... but still it came as a huge surprise to me he involved himself.

I think Trump needs to learn that he is the POTUS and that he operates in the international spectrum. He isn't some kind of bored dad watching the news and commenting whatever bullshit he wants on things he's not involved in...

Not bad per se, but kinda fucked if you're the president of any country.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: July 13, 2018, 04:24:47 pm »
Lol Trump massively helped the EU's standpoint and bargaining position against the UK... but still it came as a huge surprise to me he involved himself.

Has he? To me the opposite is true. Trump's arguing the UK should drop EU regulatory conformity and pivot to America (there are only three regulatory superpowers: China, EU and US, and every country has to choose one to broadly conform to). US officials will be holding out sweeteners behind the scenes to make that happen, and if it did that'd be quite a coup for Washington. It's unlikely to happen in the next few years, but after May leaves office? Trump is signalling that it's going to be a significant American foreign policy aim. Brussels will have to go out of its way to keep Britain within its regulatory sphere.