Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 529583 times)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: The General Political Thread - Brexit poll (#FSEXIT)
« Reply #3945 on: June 28, 2018, 08:28:59 pm »
I'm always for militarism
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/28/europe/france-national-service-trnd/index.html

Macron is bringing back national service? But I thought CNN, BBC et al said he was the anti-Trump liberal hero.
Don’t think anybody really thought he was actually liberal. It’s just he wasn’t as right leaning as Trump.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 08:58:03 pm by Toffee »

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3946 on: June 28, 2018, 08:35:56 pm »
Macron confirmed alt-right
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: June 28, 2018, 08:40:43 pm »
Macron is imperialist cuck.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: June 28, 2018, 09:02:13 pm »
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/28/europe/france-national-service-trnd/index.html

Macron is bringing back national service? But I thought CNN, BBC et al said he was the anti-Trump liberal hero.

Community service might be a more accurate description, and there's nothing anti-liberal in such a service, even if it is mandatory. That's just overly simplistic. By the same logic, the laws enforcing school education (what these kids would otherwise be doing) would also be anti-liberal.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3949 on: June 28, 2018, 09:23:01 pm »

Don’t think anybody really thought he was actually liberal. It’s just he wasn’t as right leaning as Trump.

He was variously described in the MSM as a 'Liberal Strongman', France's 'answer to Justin Trudeau' and even a 'French Kennedy'. Most hacks probably had an orgasm when he unveiled his 'Make the Planet Great Again' stunt.

Community service might be a more accurate description, and there's nothing anti-liberal in such a service, even if it is mandatory. That's just overly simplistic. By the same logic, the laws enforcing school education (what these kids would otherwise be doing) would also be anti-liberal.

Except it's not really community service so no that's not a more accurate description. They have to do one month in 'civic culture' (whatever that means) then 3-12 months in the military (albeit with opt-outs). It's watered down to be a bit less militaristic from what he initially wanted but the vast bulk of the programme is focused on military service. Sure people can opt out of that to volunteer for other stuff but it's still an 'opt out' rather than 'opt in' military programme.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: June 28, 2018, 10:32:15 pm »

In a way education is anti-anarcho-liberal, which is extreme liberalism but liberalism and conservativism are not necessarily about what their names apply. So I strongly agree militarism is not connected to conservativism or liberalism. But comparing education and military is pretty dumb. Since military is counter productive activity while education is very productive.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 10:33:59 pm by McPero »

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: June 28, 2018, 10:45:17 pm »
Military service can be useful for other things other than defence. Teaches discipline and hard work, although I personally feel forced service takes away persons freedoms.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: June 28, 2018, 10:46:57 pm »
Military service can be useful for other things other than defence. Teaches discipline and hard work, although I personally feel forced service takes away persons freedoms.
Like school doesn't do that? Military is waste of time for young people who are in best position to learn things and after that their IQ starts decreasing. It is expensive and makes for a shit army.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 10:48:51 pm by McPero »

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #3953 on: June 28, 2018, 10:56:51 pm »
I use twitter quite a bit and I'm dismayed at this new movement that calls out whites 24/7 in extremely derogatory manners simply for being white. However, if a minority is called out then they call hate crime. It gets more annoying whenever they call white people 'land stealers' who took their rightful land from their ancestors. Do people have no idea that humanity is a history of struggle against one another with losers and winners?

Social media will be the downfall of Western Civilization because it only allows radical beliefs to grow and fester into mainstream ideas. Rather then having a middle it's just pushing people to both fringes

Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: June 28, 2018, 11:06:46 pm »
Social media will be the downfall of Western Civilization because it only allows radical beliefs to grow and fester into mainstream ideas. Rather then having a middle it's just pushing people to both fringes

We were literally commiting genocides less then 80 years ago but dear God Twitter will be the end of us!!!!1

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3955 on: June 28, 2018, 11:15:21 pm »
Except it's not really community service so no that's not a more accurate description. They have to do one month in 'civic culture' (whatever that means) then 3-12 months in the military (albeit with opt-outs). It's watered down to be a bit less militaristic from what he initially wanted but the vast bulk of the programme is focused on military service. Sure people can opt out of that to volunteer for other stuff but it's still an 'opt out' rather than 'opt in' military programme.

While this is no doubt a good move overall from Macron, I'm skeptical as to whether it will be enough to tackle France's epic failure of migrant integration. France's problem with terrorism is arguable worse than ours in the UK (who thought it possible) so the French really need to lay it on thick; community spirit alone won't keep those young men from Morocco in line.

Like school doesn't do that? Military is waste of time for young people who are in best position to learn things and after that their IQ starts decreasing. It is expensive and makes for a shit army.

Schools in the west haven't taught discipline for a very long time, specifically dating back to when physical punishment was ruled out (pun intended).

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: June 28, 2018, 11:21:46 pm »
Social Media certainly generates quite a unique issue in that it puts you into echo chambers of your own political views, essentially killing public political debate. I know a lot of people who are not used to being exposed to views different of their own.
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: June 28, 2018, 11:23:28 pm »
Social Media certainly generates quite a unique issue in that it puts you into echo chambers of your own political views, essentially killing public political debate. I know a lot of people who are not used to being exposed to views different of their own.

And you think that's a new situation? Or that we only now become aware of this?

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: June 28, 2018, 11:32:14 pm »

And you think that's a new situation? Or that we only now become aware of this?
Well what do you define as new? Since you mainly meet new people over the internet nowadays it certainly make the effect stronger then in prior years (I think).

Or that we only now become aware of this?
?
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: June 28, 2018, 11:38:41 pm »
People have always gravitated towards those with similar views, that’s just human nature. You say social media kills public debate but if anything it enhances it.