Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 529675 times)

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: The General Political Thread - Brexit poll (#FSEXIT)
« Reply #3825 on: June 17, 2018, 01:49:19 am »
Not before it was Judea, Samaria and Galilee

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: June 17, 2018, 02:12:52 am »
Before 20th century Arabs had nothing to do with jews (they had some but thats about it)

What do you mean? The region their in was called Palestine since before the State of Palestine was founded.

This thread makes me lose the will to live sometimes

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3827 on: June 17, 2018, 02:23:01 am »
Not before it was Judea, Samaria and Galilee

So? Naming their State after the region they live in doesn't make sense? Places change names all the time.

Before 20th century Arabs had nothing to do with jews (they had some but thats about it)

What do you mean? The region their in was called Palestine since before the State of Palestine was founded.

This thread makes me lose the will to live sometimes

Good. ;)

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: June 17, 2018, 02:31:36 am »
True, they had a reasonable offer on the table and walked away. Israel is clearly behaving badly though and the defeat in 1948 doesn't justify the continuing encroachment of Arab (not Palestinian, there's no such thing) land 70 years later.

I know, it's not a comment on that. Some people try and claim Palestinians are a distinct group, whether it be along cultural or ethnic lines. They're not. They're simply Arabs who were on the "wrong" side of an artificial border in the post-Ottoman Middle East.

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3829 on: June 17, 2018, 05:22:51 am »
It's funny because they actually got along better before the pact.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: June 17, 2018, 08:15:22 am »
True, they had a reasonable offer on the table and walked away. Israel is clearly behaving badly though and the defeat in 1948 doesn't justify the continuing encroachment of Arab (not Palestinian, there's no such thing) land 70 years later.

I know, it's not a comment on that. Some people try and claim Palestinians are a distinct group, whether it be along cultural or ethnic lines. They're not. They're simply Arabs who were on the "wrong" side of an artificial border in the post-Ottoman Middle East.

Ah, sorry for misunderstanding.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: June 17, 2018, 08:25:52 am »
Actually Jews had been in the Middle East for a long time. Even Jesus was born in the Middle East.
You realise there was this thing called second Jewish rebellion after which Romans demolished Jerusalem, enslaved all jews and sold them all over their empire, and created pagan cities in Judea? Since then they have been spread all over the world. They were in Europe, Arabic world, Ethiopia... I don't know how much the arabs have been oppressing them, my guess would be much less than Europe. But that was because they were heatens and it was pretty normal for middle ages to not accept other religions.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: June 17, 2018, 08:29:23 am »

You can refere to them as Palestinian as they live in Palestine lands. But I dont know how different are they from Jordanian, Egyptian arabs...

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: June 17, 2018, 09:32:26 am »
Actually Jews had been in the Middle East for a long time. Even Jesus was born in the Middle East.
You realise there was this thing called second Jewish rebellion after which Romans demolished Jerusalem, enslaved all jews and sold them all over their empire, and created pagan cities in Judea? Since then they have been spread all over the world. They were in Europe, Arabic world, Ethiopia... I don't know how much the arabs have been oppressing them, my guess would be much less than Europe. But that was because they were heatens and it was pretty normal for middle ages to not accept other religions.
Thanks for that little history lesson but you said Jews had nothing to do with the Arabs before the 20th century. You’ve literally countered your own point.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: June 17, 2018, 12:33:01 pm »
(they had some but thats about it)
'Jews under Islamic rule were given the status of dhimmi, along with certain other pre-Islamic religious groups.[1] Though second-class citizens, these non-Muslim groups were nevertheless accorded certain rights and protections as "people of the book". During waves of persecution in Medieval Europe, many Jews found refuge in Muslim lands.[2] For instance, Jews expelled from the Iberian Peninsula were invited to settle in various parts of the Ottoman Empire, where they would often form a prosperous model minority of merchants acting as intermediaries for their Muslim rulers'

Here is muslims trying to exterminate Jews. So no I didn't counter my own point. Since my point is that muslims hating jews wasn't present in large scale before 20th century. And it started with Israel affair, and is pretty natural.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 12:49:28 pm by McPero »

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: June 17, 2018, 12:51:42 pm »
I wouldn’t describe thousands of years of history as “some”

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: June 17, 2018, 01:31:06 pm »
I wouldn’t describe thousands of years of history as “some”
Islam is not even 2000 years old so you cant even use a plural, if we are having nitpicking contest. They are 'some' compared to entire population of arabic world. And even if they weren't just 'some'  jews there it doesn't matters for my point which is they were treated quite well and that arabs hating jews started in 20th century.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: June 17, 2018, 01:32:11 pm »
Arabs and Islam aren’t synonymous

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: June 17, 2018, 02:08:02 pm »
They are in context we are talking about as most of Arabs follow islam. Not that it matters since arabs didn't live in middle east for 2000 years as well.
Now stop being a baby and bring me some real arguments.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: June 17, 2018, 02:32:47 pm »
They are in context we are talking about as most of Arabs follow islam. Not that it matters since arabs didn't live in middle east for 2000 years as well.
Now stop being a baby and bring me some real arguments.
In context Arabs are Arabs and have always been Arabs. They’ve been around for thousands of years.