Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 529512 times)

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
  • Side: Union
Re: The General Political Thread - Brexit poll (#FSEXIT)
« Reply #3795 on: June 15, 2018, 06:03:27 pm »
Everything is white peoples' fault

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: June 15, 2018, 06:23:24 pm »
Jesus Christ the man was sent to prison because he broke the law. It’s not that hard to figure out. Stop acting as if some great injustice has been done against him.
That's what I say about everyone that went to gulag in Soviet Russia.
You clearly don’t know what’s gone on. He was on a suspended sentence for contempt of court and proceeded to commit the same crime again. Hence the prison sentence.
After a 1hr 15minute conversation with Toffee i can confirm he has not watched the liverstream tommy robinson did to see if he released any new information, i can also confirm he was not aware of several news outlets reporting on the charges, names and faces of the alleged and i can also confirm he based his general understanding on what had happened on whaqt someone else has said in something they had written. He is now going off to watch videos himself to make a clarified informed opinion and he will also no longer be spouting absolute bullshit without looking at all the information available. We resume our debate tonight or tommorow when he decides to take his time and look and think for himself instead of being a leftist puppet. k thxs bae
What a biased post. The only thing I didn't know was the time in which the journalism ban was put in place. You actually agreed with me that Tommy Robinson had broken the law and should be in prison for it. If the ban was appropriate or not is irrelevant because Tommy Robinson still chose to disregard the authority of a court which is in breach of his suspended sentence. It may or may not have been new information but that doesn't matter when he still wilfully defied a court order.

Also I've watched that Ben Shapiro video before. I've never denied that Islam needs reform with regards to certain areas such as it's treatment of women. However, labelling them all as evil is a bit far. Christianity also needs reform with it's treatment of the gay population etc. The telling thing about that video is that when he begins talking about Western populations the statistics are either much lower or he changed the question which was asked to traditionally Islamic countries. 78% of people wanting cartoonists prosecuted doesn't mean they support terrorists or want the collapse of Western culture, does it? The fact that these percentages are lower could suggest that the issue isn't inherently imbedded into Islam but in the societies of certain countries themselves. These lower numbers also imply that it is possible and common for Muslims to become perfectly suited to Western society.

It's way too easy to tarnish people with the same brush. For example it would be wrong to call all right wing followers facists or all left wingers communists. It would be wrong to say that all Christians hate gay people and it's wrong to suggest that Islam is an issue in it's entirety rather than a naturally peaceful religion in which some people exploit, as many do with a number of relgions and have done for thousands of years.

Offline Voluble123

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3797 on: June 15, 2018, 07:11:01 pm »
Jesus Christ the man was sent to prison because he broke the law. It’s not that hard to figure out. Stop acting as if some great injustice has been done against him.
That's what I say about everyone that went to gulag in Soviet Russia.
You clearly don’t know what’s gone on. He was on a suspended sentence for contempt of court and proceeded to commit the same crime again. Hence the prison sentence.
After a 1hr 15minute conversation with Toffee i can confirm he has not watched the liverstream tommy robinson did to see if he released any new information, i can also confirm he was not aware of several news outlets reporting on the charges, names and faces of the alleged and i can also confirm he based his general understanding on what had happened on whaqt someone else has said in something they had written. He is now going off to watch videos himself to make a clarified informed opinion and he will also no longer be spouting absolute bullshit without looking at all the information available. We resume our debate tonight or tommorow when he decides to take his time and look and think for himself instead of being a leftist puppet. k thxs bae
What a biased post. The only thing I didn't know was the time in which the journalism ban was put in place. You actually agreed with me that Tommy Robinson had broken the law and should be in prison for it. If the ban was appropriate or not is irrelevant because Tommy Robinson still chose to disregard the authority of a court which is in breach of his suspended sentence. It may or may not have been new information but that doesn't matter when he still wilfully defied a court order.

Also I've watched that Ben Shapiro video before. I've never denied that Islam needs reform with regards to certain areas such as it's treatment of women. However, labelling them all as evil is a bit far. Christianity also needs reform with it's treatment of the gay population etc. The telling thing about that video is that when he begins talking about Western populations the statistics are either much lower or he changed the question which was asked to traditionally Islamic countries. 78% of people wanting cartoonists prosecuted doesn't mean they support terrorists or want the collapse of Western culture, does it? The fact that these percentages are lower could suggest that the issue isn't inherently imbedded into Islam but in the societies of certain countries themselves. These lower numbers also imply that it is possible and common for Muslims to become perfectly suited to Western society.

It's way too easy to tarnish people with the same brush. For example it would be wrong to call all right wing followers facists or all left wingers communists. It would be wrong to say that all Christians hate gay people and it's wrong to suggest that Islam is an issue in it's entirety rather than a naturally peaceful religion in which some people exploit, as many do with a number of relgions and have done for thousands of years.
"You actually agreed with me that Tommy Robinson had broken the law and should be in prison for it" I agreed he breached the Reporting ban on the case but we both agreed that such a thing should not be in place and even if it was it should be to hide specific details, not the names charges and faces which was already released on the links i showed u.
"If the ban was appropriate or not is irrelevant because Tommy Robinson still chose to disregard the authority of a court which is in breach of his suspended sentence" As i told you it had nothing to do with his suspended sentence and i made that clear to you, he was charged and prisoned for contempt of court FOR livestreaming and reporting when there was a reporting ban, it is common knowledge he didnt break his probation but instead broke a reporting ban therefore leading to bullshit charges for contempt of court when he released no new information.
"However, labelling them all as evil is a bit far. Christianity also needs reform with it's treatment of the gay population etc" Pretty sure gay ppl dont get stoned to death and thrown of buildings in western christian countries? yes its one thing and christianity needs certain reforming but try get a better example.
"These lower numbers also imply that it is possible and common for Muslims to become perfectly suited to Western society" Yes they can become perfectly suited to western society IF they start to fit in and intergrate and mingle with ppl in the communities instead of just congregating in certain areas causing more divide.
"It would be wrong to say that all Christians hate gay people and it's wrong to suggest that Islam is an issue in it's entirety rather than a naturally peaceful religion in which some people exploit, as many do with a number of relgions and have done for thousands of years." Christianity has reformed alot more than Islam and eitherway Islam is prodominetly peaceful and i'm not saying it is not im saying it is too far behind western society and way of life to intergrate efficently within the forseeable future. As the Islamic/Muslim population rises in the UK and Europe, the more divide u will see xD
Also its funny how you stuttered every second during our actual conversation but yet you think your smart when you are typing. I look forward to talking to you later to actually debate instead of tit for tat with bullshit responses.
h0w mush chug kud a chug chung chung if a chug chung kud chung chug?

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: June 15, 2018, 07:40:02 pm »
Fucking hell use some paragraphs for the love of god. I agreed that a complete reporting ban should not be in place but that details should be withheld for the sake of a fair trial without outside influence.

You say that you believe Islam is peaceful here but on the you said Islam is “barbaric”.
You clearly don’t understand what you’re on about because the reporting ban breach IS contempt of court because he defied a court order.

And they do “mingle” I’ve spoken to many peaceful Muslims.

Crimes have been committed by Christians against gay people, and some have reformed and some haven’t. You love to ignore this fact though because it doesn’t fit the idea that Islam is harbouring all the evil that you seem to have.

The reason I stuttered in our conversation was because you can’t discuss anything without interrupting every five seconds causing me to lose my train of thought constantly.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: June 15, 2018, 08:23:47 pm »
Religion is garbage, you cant prove god or know what god wants. Cant argue against that.

Offline Voluble123

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: June 16, 2018, 12:02:53 am »
Fucking hell use some paragraphs for the love of god. I agreed that a complete reporting ban should not be in place but that details should be withheld for the sake of a fair trial without outside influence.

You say that you believe Islam is peaceful here but on the you said Islam is “barbaric”.
You clearly don’t understand what you’re on about because the reporting ban breach IS contempt of court because he defied a court order.

And they do “mingle” I’ve spoken to many peaceful Muslims.

Crimes have been committed by Christians against gay people, and some have reformed and some haven’t. You love to ignore this fact though because it doesn’t fit the idea that Islam is harbouring all the evil that you seem to have.

The reason I stuttered in our conversation was because you can’t discuss anything without interrupting every five seconds causing me to lose my train of thought constantly.
"You say that you believe Islam is peaceful here but on the you said Islam is “barbaric”." Sorry ill specify for you, it is generally peaceful but it has parts which are barbaric and yes you can say that for every other religion but do the other religion go round bombing eachother and killing gays in the 21st Century.

"You love to ignore this fact though because it doesn’t fit the idea that Islam is harbouring all the evil that you seem to have." I am not ignoring about other religions, its blantanly obvious the history of all the religions by a bit of research and reading the religious books m8, but if your saying to me all these religions go round killing gays and blowing others up in the 21st century then you are wrong.

"You clearly don’t understand what you’re on about because the reporting ban breach IS contempt of court because he defied a court order." I understand very clearly what i am on about, I see a clear distinction between what he was charged for under court of contempt, and this was because he breached a reporting ban (which should not and did not need to be imposed as the court case was concluding and wouldnt of caused a re trial if ppl was reporting on the situation, refer to harvey weinstein or jimmy saville idk xD) and therefore broke the dodgy law and got arrested for a dodgy reason which lots of people are skeptical about and as to why he got 13 months in a HIGH security prison and got put on a 73% muslim wing in a prison where he is bound to die :/

"And they do “mingle” I’ve spoken to many peaceful Muslims" Clearly not met many types of muslims in Warrington and Morecambe have you pal? Try coming to Birmingham... Pretty sure there aint no radicals in 97% White Warrington or 4.8% muslim Morecambe xD

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: June 16, 2018, 12:10:43 am »
I don’t know about you Voluble but I’ve left my hometown before.

I’m not going to continue to go back and forth with you over the same points since you clearly have little to no understanding of why the law was broken and the reporting ban which did not violate free speech. I cannot continue to explain this to you as I already have a number of times. I agreed with you that Tommy Robinson should not have been placed in a high security prison in a wing that puts him at serious physical risk, but that’s irrelevant to my original point - he was guilty and has been punished accordingly. Suck it up.

This is the last time I’m going to be posting on the topic or speaking to you voluble. You can’t grasp the basic facts about how law works. I don’t claim to be an expert but this is some basic shit that you can find on google.  You even said that the media should be able to broadcast the verdict during the trial(?). I can’t believe I’ve wasted half my day for that.

Offline Voluble123

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: June 16, 2018, 01:17:26 am »
I don’t know about you Voluble but I’ve left my hometown before.

I’m not going to continue to go back and forth with you over the same points since you clearly have little to no understanding of why the law was broken and the reporting ban which did not violate free speech. I cannot continue to explain this to you as I already have a number of times. I agreed with you that Tommy Robinson should not have been placed in a high security prison in a wing that puts him at serious physical risk, but that’s irrelevant to my original point - he was guilty and has been punished accordingly. Suck it up.

This is the last time I’m going to be posting on the topic or speaking to you voluble. You can’t grasp the basic facts about how law works. I don’t claim to be an expert but this is some basic shit that you can find on google.  You even said that the media should be able to broadcast the verdict during the trial(?). I can’t believe I’ve wasted half my day for that.

Rich of you to say i have no understanding of the law when you say he should get arrested for 13 months for contempt of court for asking someone "is that your prison bag". I clearly said above why he is in prison and ill say it one last time just so you can process it in your spudhead brain, he is in prison because he reported on a court case which had a reporting ban, therefore committing a contempt of court,simple as that. I have said from the get go that is what happened but the whole arguement is why is there a reporting ban on such a big grooming scandal, surely you want to expose the groomers and not cover them up.  So yes he was guilty and has been punished accordingly, accordingly to a reporting ban that should not of been in place therefore people are rightyfully pissed of and see how unfair it is he is in prison for 13months and is probably going to die if he doesnt get parole. Lastly before i never speak to a retarded everton fan who is like Hursty again, I did say about the broadcast the verdict during the trial, BUT THEN I realised i typed what i meant wrong and instantly corrected myself to what i meant(that people should be able to report outside court houses freely without a reporting ban, especially in such a big scandal), i dont know if you deleted me before my correction or you are just blind with left wing bollocks in your gob. Go back to writing Everton posts on forums when you never go to games and have no m8s :/

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: June 16, 2018, 01:31:31 am »
So you agree with me, the reporting ban was there as is the judges right. No free speech was taken, the integrity of the trial was maintained. I don’t understand what football teams have to do with this but if you really want to bring that up, I used to have a season ticket before I ran out of money. And you support a championship club.

Although I suppose if you go and ask Hercules for another go at the playoff final then he’ll let you.

Offline Voluble123

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: June 16, 2018, 01:41:51 am »
So you agree with me, the reporting ban was there as is the judges right. No free speech was taken, the integrity of the trial was maintained. I don’t understand what football teams have to do with this but if you really want to bring that up, I used to have a season ticket before I ran out of money. And you support a championship club.

Although I suppose if you go and ask Hercules for another go at the playoff final then he’ll let you.
Im already in England mongo, also to clarify I agree  the reporting ban was something decided by the judge but i disagree about the free spech aspect because they should have the freedom to report on what is going on in communities around our country and the affect of muslim grooming gangs. They should be able to report whenever they want and at whatever point during the proceedings along as they release no new information. Journalists should not be limited on when and what they can report on. Then directly after when tommy was arrested, the judge put a reporting ban on tommys court case which to me, sounds like abusing his powers. P.S. Ill do a fund.me for you, £1 a week so you can buy a discounted water bottle and noodles at your local aldi.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: June 16, 2018, 01:46:46 am »

Im already in England mongo, also to clarify I agree  the reporting ban was something decided by the judge but i disagree about the free spech aspect because they should have the freedom to report on what is going on in communities around our country and the affect of muslim grooming gangs. They should be able to report whenever they want and at whatever point during the proceedings along as they release no new information. Journalists should not be limited on when and what they can report on. Then directly after when tommy was arrested, the judge put a reporting ban on tommys court case which to me, sounds like abusing his powers. P.S. Ill do a fund.me for you, £1 a week so you can buy a discounted water bottle and noodles at your local aldi.
The reporting ban was to prevent the trial being affected in any way. Tommy Robinson was live streaming to hundreds of thousands of people, getting in the faces of the defendents and goading them about "prison bags" and that was just the first 3 minutes. If somebody on a high profile criminal case (which these kind of bans are applied to) saw that it could affect the decision making process and create a bias amongst either a jury or a judge. That's why it's there, not to try and block out the free speech of anyone. Once the trial is over the ban would be lifted and Tommy would have been free to discuss the entire case in it's entirety and say whatever he wanted.

A go fund me would help considering you must have a lot of disposable income. I heard ticket prices are a lot cheaper in the lower leagues.

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #3806 on: June 16, 2018, 01:53:34 am »
Imagine actually taking a fellow human's life because some kid with a towel on his head says so LMFAOOOOO

Offline Voluble123

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: June 16, 2018, 01:55:47 am »

The reporting ban was to prevent the trial being affected in any way. Tommy Robinson was live streaming to hundreds of thousands of people, getting in the faces of the defendents and goading them about "prison bags" and that was just the first 3 minutes. If somebody on a high profile criminal case (which these kind of bans are applied to) saw that it could affect the decision making process and create a bias amongst either a jury or a judge. That's why it's there, not to try and block out the free speech of anyone. Once the trial is over the ban would be lifted and Tommy would have been free to discuss the entire case in it's entirety and say whatever he wanted.

A go fund me would help considering you must have a lot of disposable income. I heard ticket prices are a lot cheaper in the lower leagues.
Correction, he was streaming to a few thousand people at best, but due to his arrest millions have seen it now to see what has happened to him. Also seeming you are confident that these bans are put onto high profile criminal cases, i need you to instantly tell me your sources and where you have seen this previously to use it in your response to me to jusitfy the judge using the reporting ban. Also in high profile criminal cases, i can say the opposite xD https://gyazo.com/0415e23bcb307cca8f0f338e0da3a6c1 https://gyazo.com/2048e5daef00911af1d4f0314aacbbd6  Here is one new and old example of high profile criminal cases not having reporting bans. So stop your bullshit about it being legit and it doesnt affect free speech and that having reporting causes biased amongst the jury or for the judge. So please enlighten me and show me these other high profile criminal cases the ban has been applied to which you are refering to when you said " (which these kind of bans are applied to)".

Offline Voluble123

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: June 16, 2018, 01:59:23 am »
Taking along time to reply, must be trying to find sources to back up some bullshit he had written.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: June 16, 2018, 02:05:41 am »

Correction, he was streaming to a few thousand people at best, but due to his arrest millions have seen it now to see what has happened to him. Also seeming you are confident that these bans are put onto high profile criminal cases, i need you to instantly tell me your sources and where you have seen this previously to use it in your response to me to jusitfy the judge using the reporting ban. Also in high profile criminal cases, i can say the opposite xD https://gyazo.com/0415e23bcb307cca8f0f338e0da3a6c1 https://gyazo.com/2048e5daef00911af1d4f0314aacbbd6  Here is one new and old example of high profile criminal cases not having reporting bans. So stop your bullshit about it being legit and it doesnt affect free speech and that having reporting causes biased amongst the jury or for the judge. So please enlighten me and show me these other high profile criminal cases the ban has been applied to which you are refering to when you said " (which these kind of bans are applied to)".
Actually I was taking a long time because I have other things to do than sit here refreshing 24/7 like you. The judiciary says this "The court may hear trials in private in exceptional circumstances where doing so is necessary to prevent the administration of justice from being frustrated or rendered impractical".

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/reporting-restrictions-guide-may-2016-2.pdf

There is your quote, source and reasoning. And Aston Villa are still fucking shite.