Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 529704 times)

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The General Political Thread - Brexit poll (#FSEXIT)
« Reply #3750 on: June 08, 2018, 07:39:40 am »
Democracy* can be just as flawed as an autocracy and often times is. It's why the world needs enlightened monarchs again with unlimited reform power
Yes, with democracy you have a mob of people of which 90% don't know shit about parties they vote for (basically people are not good rulers over themselves). But it is not like you even have any options since all the parties are trash. Then you have politicians who are elected and 95% of them primary goal is to be elected again and not to do sth good for the state. They also can break all their promises and nothing will happen. These politicians are easily corrupt since they need money for their campaign or just personal greed so rich people can influence them. Not to mention all the interregnums you get.
With absolutist you get a person who is raised to be a good ruler, his motive is to make his country great again. And he and his administration doesn't get fucked every 4 years by new political agenda but can work very effectively. It has been clear democracy can't work alone since early stages so we have mix of democracy and technocracy anyways.
Socrates said it well: If you were heading on a journey by the sea, who would you ideally want to decide who was in charge of the vessel just anyone or people educated in rules and demands of seafaring? The later of course. So why do we keep thinking that any person would be fit to judge who should be the ruler of a country? Here his point isn't necessarily that democracy is bad but that most people are not qualified for it. And I personally don't believe ever will be, and there is no real way of deciding who is fit to vote and who isn't, so there goes democracy.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: June 08, 2018, 07:40:34 am »
Turns out male uber-feminist Justin Trudeau groped a female reporter in 2000 and issued a f*cked up excuse/apology when confronted about it. Sad and funny at the same time given his recent #MeToo lecturing. Why is it so many of the men involved with the feminist movement turn out to be creeps?

Spoiler
[close]
I guess he should be burned alive then.

Democracy* can be just as flawed as an autocracy and often times is. It's why the world needs enlightened monarchs again with unlimited reform power
I, for one, couldn’t trust Prince Charles with unlimited power
He wasn't raised to be a ruler.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 07:45:59 am by McPero »

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: June 08, 2018, 08:52:59 am »
Yes, with democracy you have a mob of people of which 90% don't know shit about parties they vote for (basically people are not good rulers over themselves). But it is not like you even have any options since all the parties are trash. Then you have politicians who are elected and 95% of them primary goal is to be elected again and not to do sth good for the state. They also can break all their promises and nothing will happen. These politicians are easily corrupt since they need money for their campaign or just personal greed so rich people can influence them. Not to mention all the interregnums you get.
With absolutist you get a person who is raised to be a good ruler, his motive is to make his country great again. And he and his administration doesn't get fucked every 4 years by new political agenda but can work very effectively. It has been clear democracy can't work alone since early stages so we have mix of democracy and technocracy anyways.
Socrates said it well: If you were heading on a journey by the sea, who would you ideally want to decide who was in charge of the vessel just anyone or people educated in rules and demands of seafaring? The later of course. So why do we keep thinking that any person would be fit to judge who should be the ruler of a country? Here his point isn't necessarily that democracy is bad but that most people are not qualified for it. And I personally don't believe ever will be, and there is no real way of deciding who is fit to vote and who isn't, so there goes democracy.
you are confusing platon and Sokrates my dude
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: June 08, 2018, 11:31:20 am »
It is in Plato's book but it is Socrates saying it, but those conversations are mostly fiction so yes it was Plato's idea probably. So in a way Socrates said nothing we know of.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 11:37:15 am by McPero »

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: June 08, 2018, 04:10:52 pm »
It is in Plato's book but it is Socrates saying it, but those conversations are mostly fiction so yes it was Plato's idea probably. So in a way Socrates said nothing we know of.
Just out of curiosity, how much theoretical statecraft classics did you read? Did you read Aristotle? Cause you cant just take on text and say "Yeah Platon said that!". Carl Popper argues that Platon would have been fine with Hitler. Read Aristotle, he argues against Platon.
[close]
[close]

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: June 08, 2018, 07:57:41 pm »
Just out of curiosity, how much theoretical statecraft classics did you read? Did you read Aristotle? Cause you cant just take on text and say "Yeah Platon said that!". Carl Popper argues that Platon would have been fine with Hitler. Read Aristotle, he argues against Platon.
None, I was just taught base idea of Plato's Republic and heard this quote somewhere and context in which it was used.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 08:00:36 pm by McPero »

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: June 08, 2018, 08:06:27 pm »
Well thats obviously an issue. Would be a bit like just reading Nazi Historians for you education. Again, read Aristotle, he makes great points against Platon
[close]
[close]

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #3757 on: June 08, 2018, 08:31:58 pm »
Holy fuck boys, Doug Ford just got elected Premier of Ontario :/

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: June 08, 2018, 09:02:10 pm »
Well thats obviously an issue. Would be a bit like just reading Nazi Historians for you education. Again, read Aristotle, he makes great points against Platon
Wat. I don't think democracy is shit because i heard that quote so it is not an issue. Don't have the time currently sorry.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3759 on: June 08, 2018, 11:48:10 pm »
It’s ya boi

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #3760 on: June 09, 2018, 12:25:26 am »
It’s ya boi

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: June 14, 2018, 11:32:15 pm »
>When the Mueller investigations approval ratings are nearing 50% wtf America at least let it run it's course.
5 people have already pleaded guilty on several accounts it's not a witch hunt!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 11:39:02 pm by Furrnox »

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #3763 on: June 14, 2018, 11:33:46 pm »
>When the Muller investigations approval ratings are nearing 50% wtf America at least let it run it's course.
5 people have already pleaded guilty on several accounts it's not a witch hunt!
That's exactly what a witch-hunter would say.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: June 14, 2018, 11:38:54 pm »
You realize Mueller was appointed by a Republican right?