Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 529321 times)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: The General Political Thread - Brexit poll (#FSEXIT)
« Reply #3735 on: June 07, 2018, 05:31:12 pm »
Either way the police will be there. If individual officers or stations want to support something then that is their prerogative. Police cuts this severe haven’t been going on for decades. I also question the selective nature of your officers per capita statistic considering there are less officers now than in 2010. There may have been an overall rise since the 60s but that doesn’t mean it hasn’t gone down in the past decade.

Millions of people use Cannabis every year. Very few users suffer from psychosis that it’s a strenuous link at best to say that Cannabis outright causes it.

Also Furrnox, what I mean is that it depends on what the person has said. If they’re threatening to blow up Buckingham palace then that’s a more serious crime than saying fuck joey Essex or something. Perhaps some people who have gone to jail also have past records or are on probabtion for previous crimes. It’s all about context.

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3736 on: June 07, 2018, 05:49:21 pm »
Getting prison time for something said on twitter is insane to me.

If you want specific figures I'd recommended this article (given you can overlook it's from RT): https://www.rt.com/uk/406467-hate-crime-twitter-troll/

It's as worrying as it is common, sadly.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: June 07, 2018, 05:50:34 pm »
Millions of people use Cannabis every year. Very few users suffer from psychosis that it’s a strenuous link at best to say that Cannabis outright causes it.

That's your opinion, but most medical bodies including our blessed NHS (may peace be upon it) disagree with you.
https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/cannabis-the-facts/#cannabis-and-mental-health

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: June 07, 2018, 05:57:31 pm »
Obviously there are safety concerns that are mostly associated with younger people using it. And smoking obviously causes lung issues. But Cannabis hasn’t actually directly killed anyone.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: June 07, 2018, 06:36:20 pm »
Obviously there are safety concerns that are mostly associated with younger people using it. And smoking obviously causes lung issues. But Cannabis hasn’t actually directly killed anyone.

There fates worse than death, go visit a locked ward in a psychiatric hospital.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: June 07, 2018, 06:39:11 pm »

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn’t. That isn’t the point of what we’re talking about. The police have had cuts and are saying they need more money. I doubt anybody knows more about the topic than them. Their numbers are down, crime is up and they’re struggling to cope.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: June 07, 2018, 07:02:10 pm »

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn’t. That isn’t the point of what we’re talking about. The police have had cuts and are saying they need more money. I doubt anybody knows more about the topic than them. Their numbers are down, crime is up and they’re struggling to cope.

>'struggling to cope'
>Still got time to patrol Twitter

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: June 07, 2018, 07:10:56 pm »
They don’t “patrol” twitter, they’re doing their job by monitoring social media for crimes.

Offline Council

• Sergeant Major
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: June 07, 2018, 07:44:09 pm »
Circus

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: June 07, 2018, 08:06:04 pm »
Circus

Well, at least our government isn't assassinating people for speaking out against them yet. Thanks for reminding us it could always be worse.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3745 on: June 07, 2018, 08:40:56 pm »
Democracy* can be just as flawed as an autocracy and often times is. It's why the world needs enlightened monarchs again with unlimited reform power
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Council

• Sergeant Major
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: June 07, 2018, 09:57:15 pm »
Circus

Well, at least our government isn't assassinating people for speaking out against them yet. Thanks for reminding us it could always be worse.
What government are you talking about?

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: June 07, 2018, 10:56:08 pm »
Did you even bother to read the last page? "Ours" = UK government, dummy.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #3748 on: June 07, 2018, 11:00:34 pm »
Democracy* can be just as flawed as an autocracy and often times is. It's why the world needs enlightened monarchs again with unlimited reform power
I, for one, couldn’t trust Prince Charles with unlimited power

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: June 07, 2018, 11:15:22 pm »
Turns out male uber-feminist Justin Trudeau groped a female reporter in 2000 and issued a f*cked up excuse/apology when confronted about it. Sad and funny at the same time given his recent #MeToo lecturing. Why is it so many of the men involved with the feminist movement turn out to be creeps?

Spoiler
[close]