Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 529732 times)

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
Re: The General Political Thread - Brexit poll (#FSEXIT)
« Reply #3690 on: May 31, 2018, 08:14:04 pm »
I sure hate using the same currency everywhere, being able to travel around freely, cheap flights, being able to expect the same laws and food standards anywhere in Europe. It really sucks.
I wish it would take me 4hours just to cross the Dutch border, like when I was young. Man, it was so much fun going to France, being checked at every border, taking hours just to spend a day at the sea in Holland, then having to convert my money with a crappy exchange rate, just to buy some icecream. SO MUCH FUN.
I also really hate going to countries like Malta and seeing all those EU projects popping up. All those restored Forts and Castles are just so ugly... It is also retarded that I can easily use my credit card anywhere in Europe. Or that I do not have to pay VAT when buying stuff from other European countries with my company account. It just sucks. Not being taxated twice also fucking sucks, like seriously. I would love to pay income tax twice and pay additional VAT on it. I hate doing buisness in other countries, it is just to easy.

Personally, I would be so much better off without the EU, I do not profit from the EU at all!

« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 08:17:34 pm by Olafson »

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3691 on: May 31, 2018, 08:38:48 pm »
I love it when EU sends you directive to lower production of sugar but you only have one factory which means your production is inefficient and company goes bankrupt and people lose jobs. Also love it when I have factory that produces plastic and then cheap Romanian plastic comes to our market and I go bankrupt because I don't sell anything. So all the simple industry moves to Romania and that industry just happens to be the most polluting so all the pollution moves to poorer countries. I sure love accepting immigrants to give them low paid jobs even though there is enough unemployed people in my country, then also most of people are biggots and don't want to interact with someone that looks different than they do so you have ghettos now and good hiphop production is assured.

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #3692 on: May 31, 2018, 10:14:55 pm »
Any particular reason as to why Denmark is banning burqas and niqabs?

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: May 31, 2018, 10:34:42 pm »
Any particular reason as to why Denmark is banning burqas and niqabs?
Women's rights?

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3694 on: May 31, 2018, 10:37:12 pm »
Spoiler
I sure hate using the same currency everywhere, being able to travel around freely, cheap flights, being able to expect the same laws and food standards anywhere in Europe. It really sucks.
I wish it would take me 4hours just to cross the Dutch border, like when I was young. Man, it was so much fun going to France, being checked at every border, taking hours just to spend a day at the sea in Holland, then having to convert my money with a crappy exchange rate, just to buy some icecream. SO MUCH FUN.
I also really hate going to countries like Malta and seeing all those EU projects popping up. All those restored Forts and Castles are just so ugly... It is also retarded that I can easily use my credit card anywhere in Europe. Or that I do not have to pay VAT when buying stuff from other European countries with my company account. It just sucks. Not being taxated twice also fucking sucks, like seriously. I would love to pay income tax twice and pay additional VAT on it. I hate doing buisness in other countries, it is just to easy.

Personally, I would be so much better off without the EU, I do not profit from the EU at all!
[close]

-Your convenience for using the same currency is paid for by economic misery in Southern Europe. Would you be willing to see your taxes go to Greek or Italian coffers via fiscal transfers in return for that convenience? I hope so.
-'the same laws and food standards anywhere in Europe'-Well, up to a point. Those standards have quite a lot to do with Codex Alimentarius and UNECE. A lot of EU food safety regulation is actually just implementing what has already been agreed at UN level.
-I travelled regularly between New York and Ontario when I was in Canada. Clearing border controls usually took 60 seconds or less. There are still internal checks on EU cross-border traffic by the way, French douane/Irish customs/etc still stop travellers they just do it away from the legal border.
-You can use your credit or debit cards just about anywhere in the Western world. Never had a problem in Canada.
-'I do not have to pay VAT when buying stuff from other European countries with my company account'-I'm not an accountant but I'm fairly sure you do need to pay VAT on that...

You have a fair point re: EU funding but it's hardly Marshall Aid. Even for the biggest recipient, Poland, EU spending only accounts for 2.6% of Gross National Income.

The problem with all those benefits you listed is that it's perfectly possible to have them without the need for a technocratic supranational union that wants its own army. Much of this is already happening as a result of globalisation (particularly flights, credit cards, telecommunications etc), and it's on an intergovernmental basis. Of course the EU has gone furthest and fastest than anywhere else. The only other place that you can compare it to is New Zealand and Australia (which also have free movement, residency and employment rights; mutual recognition of regulation and standards for goods, services, professional qualifications etc; harmonisation of social policy regarding pensions, welfare payments; military and intelligence co-operation and integration; etc). You can do all this stuff without 28 unelected Commissioners led by a drunkard, a useless parliament, a silly flag and anthem, grandiose plans for an army, and so on. The question you need to ask yourself is why EU citizens have so little democratic control over EU integration vs your average Australian/New Zealand citizen has over the trans-Tasman equivalent

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: May 31, 2018, 10:44:48 pm »
The problem with all those benefits you listed is that it's perfectly possible to have them without the need for a technocratic supranational union that wants its own army. Much of this is already happening as a result of globalisation (particularly flights, credit cards, telecommunications etc), and it's on an intergovernmental basis. Of course the EU has gone furthest and fastest than anywhere else. The only other place that you can compare it to is New Zealand and Australia (which also have free movement, residency and employment rights; mutual recognition of regulation and standards for goods, services, professional qualifications etc; harmonisation of social policy regarding pensions, welfare payments; military and intelligence co-operation and integration; etc). You can do all this stuff without 28 unelected Commissioners led by a drunkard, a useless parliament, a silly flag and anthem, grandiose plans for an army, and so on. The question you need to ask yourself is why EU citizens have so little democratic control over EU integration vs your average Australian/New Zealand citizen has over the trans-Tasman equivalent.
Technocracy and deep state are the only reason democratic countries still function.

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #3696 on: May 31, 2018, 11:59:33 pm »

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: June 02, 2018, 01:37:13 am »
i support tommy robinson

The Pakistani vote is too important, sorry.

Pretty good compilation
[close]
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 01:45:10 am by Gordo »

Offline Lone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: June 02, 2018, 09:59:45 pm »
JENS SPAHN FOR PRESIDENT
Tier Legendary Elite ++
97p Lone : By himself he's a very good duo. So he deserve a spot of his own.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #3699 on: June 04, 2018, 05:42:30 am »

Is this stuff true? I was browsing youtube and happened upon this. I haven't really kept up with politics or the UK these past few months but...

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: June 04, 2018, 06:13:53 am »
It is.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: June 04, 2018, 04:22:43 pm »
This is a big reason as to why the West is so f*cked. Trying to mess with human nature doesn't tend to end well, and the nuclear family is the default unit across cultures. If it weren't the ideal family structure then that wouldn't be the case.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5801847/Fury-family-court-judge-said-applaud-end-nuclear-family.html

Offline Jakester

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Jousting Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jakester
« Reply #3702 on: June 04, 2018, 06:03:52 pm »
This is a big reason as to why the West is so f*cked. Trying to mess with human nature doesn't tend to end well, and the nuclear family is the default unit across cultures. If it weren't the ideal family structure then that wouldn't be the case.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5801847/Fury-family-court-judge-said-applaud-end-nuclear-family.html
I think that's absolutely absurd to welcome the end of the nuclear family.

I can understand same sex marriage and all that, but outright encouraging traditional families to crash is a mistake. Traditional family values should be at the core of most people, so that they are then able to go out and make their own decisions. At least same sex parents raising a child are still raising them in a family - it's outright ridiculous to trash families.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: June 04, 2018, 06:43:33 pm »
Pretty much.

I was very pro-gay marriage, it's a valuable institution, but I'm not so keen on gay adoption. It's highly desirable for children to have both a male and female role model.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: June 04, 2018, 07:04:05 pm »
I was raised by a single mother and I’ve turned out fine