Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 529806 times)

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The General Political Thread - Brexit poll (#FSEXIT)
« Reply #3660 on: May 27, 2018, 01:03:24 am »
Well I’m sorry to break it to you, but allowing your kids to be in the same room as somebody smoking increases their risk of cancer.
Do you have even the slightest Idea how many fucking things cause Cancer?
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3661 on: May 27, 2018, 02:06:42 am »
I do but that doesn’t mean I actively seek them out

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: May 27, 2018, 03:53:10 am »
You need to drop it down a notch.

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • SOUTH AFRICAN WAR DOG - NWWC 2019 WINNER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: May 27, 2018, 04:14:13 am »
I don't smoke next to my kids, I let them smoke next to me

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #3664 on: May 27, 2018, 05:32:13 am »
I actually smoked my kids.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: May 27, 2018, 09:44:20 am »
What are you talking about?

Fse might be one of the few places where saying second hand smoke causes cancer is a controversial opinion...

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: May 27, 2018, 03:53:07 pm »
I actually smoked my kids.
You just admited to incest paedophilia. Nice.

Well I’m sorry to break it to you, but allowing your kids to be in the same room as somebody smoking increases their risk of cancer.
Do you have even the slightest Idea how many fucking things cause Cancer?
Speaking german does there is a study that was made since 1250 untill now.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3667 on: May 27, 2018, 03:58:42 pm »

Fse might be one of the few places where saying second hand smoke causes cancer is a controversial opinion...

That's because in the field of medicine it is a controversial opinion.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: May 27, 2018, 04:34:42 pm »

That's because in the field of medicine it is a controversial opinion.
Lmao no it’s not. It’s a view supported by the NHS, WHO and CRUK but apparently they’re all wrong and you’re right.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: May 27, 2018, 05:12:27 pm »
Appealing to authority is a debating fallacy (particularly when said authority has been caught lying on this very issue).

The medical evidence suggests passive smoking is probably not bad for you. Smoking bans in public and commercial areas have been in place in most Western countries for over a decade; if passive smoking were as bad as claimed then you'd expect significant reductions in heart attacks, lung cancers and so on among the general population over the last ten years. And yet that's not what has happened. Most studies have not identified statistically significant reductions in any of those diseases and I can cite them if you so wish.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: May 27, 2018, 05:26:56 pm »
Actually you probably wouldn’t expect people’s cancer rates to go down since most people still live in heavily polluted cities. I’m not appealing to authority but simply well respected institutions who have had the same stance for a long time. If it wasn’t unhealthy then why wouldn’t they say so?

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: May 27, 2018, 05:31:48 pm »
Appealing to authority is a debating fallacy (particularly when said authority has been caught lying on this very issue).

The medical evidence suggests passive smoking is probably not bad for you. Smoking bans in public and commercial areas have been in place in most Western countries for over a decade; if passive smoking were as bad as claimed then you'd expect significant reductions in heart attacks, lung cancers and so on among the general population over the last ten years. And yet that's not what has happened. Most studies have not identified statistically significant reductions in any of those diseases and I can cite them if you so wish.
. It is really impossible to claim that, when you have so many factors that might be increasing heart attacks (more fat people), lung cancers (more air pollution) over the last ten years.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #3672 on: May 27, 2018, 06:31:03 pm »
Let's get some perspective. If you live in an urban area, especially a major city like London/New York/Paris/etc, then second hand tobacco smoke is the least of your concerns regarding what your children are inhaling. Most towns and cities around the globe, including in the West, have pollution levels far above international standards that are considered safe. Me and my wife are well aware of this. It's safer for my children to be around smokers 24/7 and live in the countryside than it is for them to live in a city with non-smoking parents.
Citation please
at least in North America, air pollution in cities are way below international and national standards (some exceptions, but usually in remote regions, for a variety of reasons), per the EPA and Environment Canada.
Moreover, those pollutants are *usually* the fault of dust from unpaved roads, heat-induced ozone concentration, or forest fire smoke.
Air quality, at least in in North America (but probably in the rest of the Western world, with exceptions) has been steadily improving for the past 20 years

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: May 27, 2018, 08:40:13 pm »
They know how to account for other factors, e.g. comparing multiple US communities with similar population profiles where the major differential is one has implemented a public smoking ban and the other hasn't. These people are not amateurs.
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/pam.20548

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21877107

https://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002-9343%2813%2900837-1/fulltext

Citation please
at least in North America, air pollution in cities are way below international and national standards (some exceptions, but usually in remote regions, for a variety of reasons), per the EPA and Environment Canada.
Moreover, those pollutants are *usually* the fault of dust from unpaved roads, heat-induced ozone concentration, or forest fire smoke.
Air quality, at least in in North America (but probably in the rest of the Western world, with exceptions) has been steadily improving for the past 20 years

Air quality in the West is generally better than elsewhere and has been improving, but most Western cities are still over international standards (though Canada is an exception, air quality there is extremely good if you take the recent forest fires as a blip). Looks like Europe is generally worse than the USA:
https://www.theguardian.com/cities/datablog/2017/feb/13/most-polluted-cities-world-listed-region

Offline ZeroNight

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: May 27, 2018, 08:53:47 pm »
That's why I cry everytime I jerk off.

;D ;D :o
Leo1032: Immer diese Menschen
Habe ich eigentlich schon mal erwähnt das es nichts gibt was retardeter ist als deutsche Regimenter in diesem Spiel - Link2luke 2k16
I'm 6'4 and play Tennis 4 times a week. Also have been doing a lot of MMA (about 5 times a week) and a bit of kickboxing for years. From time to time (twice a week) I go to the gym, more often during vacation. So add me or get kicked, u weak bastard.