Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 529359 times)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The General Political Thread - Brexit poll (#FSEXIT)
« Reply #3345 on: May 05, 2018, 06:26:32 pm »
They didn't want to lose influence so they started a war causing public opinion of Russia to take a steep dive and public support for joining NATO going up? And what influence to begin with? Russia has no soft power, like I said.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: May 05, 2018, 06:34:56 pm »
They didn't want to lose influence so they started a war causing public opinion of Russia to take a steep dive and public support for joining NATO going up? And what influence to begin with? Russia has no soft power, like I said.
Well not really influence but rather Ukraine not joining NATO. Your claim is Russian goverment is just evil and wants to hurt Ukraine for no reason just because Russia is a meany or what? Russia wants to play the same game USA is but they are much weaker. Ukraine used to be buying most of Russian gas. Half of Ukraine likes Russia the other side hates it. But yes now more and more people are leaning toward NATO.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: May 05, 2018, 07:00:59 pm »
Your claim is Russian goverment is just evil and wants to hurt Ukraine for no reason just because Russia is a meany or what?

No?

Half of Ukraine likes Russia the other side hates it

Wrong.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3348 on: May 05, 2018, 07:19:44 pm »
You seriously can’t see it, can you? It’s the general consensus here that you have to prove what you’re saying. You both struggle to get the timelines of events right, let alone the actual facts. You can’t provide any sources and make statements that cannot be supported in any reality. It’s almost laughable
Give me one example
the way you both try and defend Russia in the Ukraine as though you can’t see that you’ve invaded a country undemocratocally and illegally
I am not defending Russia for invading Ukraine. And what the fuck is undemocratic invasion lol? Perhaps May bombing Syria without approval of Parliament? Every invasion is illegal so here your argument proven wrong. Oh and me or Council since we are apparently one person now didn't invade anyone, im not even Russian.
There is your whataboutism again. I didn’t agree with the bombing of Syria either but you defend Russia all the time, avoiding levying any actual criticism against a dictatorship.
What whataboutism wtf? I just wasnt sure what undemocratic invasion is,point of that wasnt saying hey UK is actually undemocratically invading people. I dont defend Russia all the time you are delusional.
You were literally trying your best to defend them against NATO whilst talking to Duuring before you managed to unravel your own argument...

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: May 05, 2018, 07:22:47 pm »
Your claim is Russian goverment is just evil and wants to hurt Ukraine for no reason just because Russia is a meany or what?

No?

Half of Ukraine likes Russia the other side hates it

Wrong.
What are yoi than?

Okay.

You seriously can’t see it, can you? It’s the general consensus here that you have to prove what you’re saying. You both struggle to get the timelines of events right, let alone the actual facts. You can’t provide any sources and make statements that cannot be supported in any reality. It’s almost laughable
Give me one example
the way you both try and defend Russia in the Ukraine as though you can’t see that you’ve invaded a country undemocratocally and illegally
I am not defending Russia for invading Ukraine. And what the fuck is undemocratic invasion lol? Perhaps May bombing Syria without approval of Parliament? Every invasion is illegal so here your argument proven wrong. Oh and me or Council since we are apparently one person now didn't invade anyone, im not even Russian.
There is your whataboutism again. I didn’t agree with the bombing of Syria either but you defend Russia all the time, avoiding levying any actual criticism against a dictatorship.
What whataboutism wtf? I just wasnt sure what undemocratic invasion is,point of that wasnt saying hey UK is actually undemocratically invading people. I dont defend Russia all the time you are delusional.
You were literally trying your best to defend them against NATO whilst talking to Duuring before you managed to unravel your own argument...
No I was not.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: May 05, 2018, 07:26:50 pm »
You’ve been trying to justify their actions for this entire discussion, saying that they only want to play be same game as the US and they only fear for their own security. Any excuse

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: May 05, 2018, 08:33:31 pm »
You’ve been trying to justify their actions for this entire discussion, saying that they only want to play be same game as the US and they only fear for their own security. Any excuse
Yeah those two reasons dont justfy their invasion of Ukraine?

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: May 05, 2018, 08:36:14 pm »
You first said it was because they felt threatened by NATO, then you said they didn't but wanted to keep their influence and then you admitted Russia had no influence in Ukraine to start with, but rather was trying to make sure Ukraine didn't join NATO - although you just said NATO wasn't a threat to Russia. We've gone full circle.

I'm somewhat amused.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: May 05, 2018, 08:56:51 pm »
No they don’t

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: May 05, 2018, 09:02:09 pm »
You first said it was because they felt threatened by NATO, then you said they didn't but wanted to keep their influence and then you admitted Russia had no influence in Ukraine to start with, but rather was trying to make sure Ukraine didn't join NATO - although you just said NATO wasn't a threat to Russia. We've gone full circle.

I'm somewhat amused.
Hope it didn't cause short circuit in your brain.
They feel threatened by NATO I never said they don't I only said NATO wouldn't attack Russia because winning the war would be to costly. And they also want to have status of superpower like USA. These are their motives behind invasion of Ukraine, well and the fact that there is more Russians on Crimea than Ukrainians (but since I don't believe in nations that is pretty meh reason). Crimea enables them good access to the Black Sea to get into Mediterranean sea. Never said Russian invasion was legal.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 09:05:24 pm by McPero »

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: May 05, 2018, 09:02:33 pm »
No they don’t
Exactly.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: May 05, 2018, 09:06:30 pm »
So you agree with us Russia should return Crimea and cease supporting its vassal states in eastern Ukraine? Now we're getting somewhere.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: May 05, 2018, 09:09:27 pm »
So you agree with us Russia should return Crimea and cease supporting its vassal states in eastern Ukraine? Now we're getting somewhere.
I agree Russia should fuck off from Ukraine and do another referendum in Crimea about being in Russia or Ukraine. Maybe referendum even in other parts (those in east). Referendums being watched by Russia, Ukraine, USA, Switzerland/Austria.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 09:15:58 pm by McPero »

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3358 on: May 05, 2018, 09:19:19 pm »
Hmm, this ain't gonna be good for relations with Eastern Europe (which are already terrible)
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/karl-marx-jean-claude-juncker-defends-legacy-a8337176.html

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: May 05, 2018, 09:24:54 pm »
I agree Russia should fuck off from Ukraine and do another referendum in Crimea about being in Russia or Ukraine. Maybe referendum even in other parts (those in east). Referendums being watched by Russia, Ukraine, USA, Switzerland/Austria.
So what is the point in you arguing in against me and duuring