Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 529372 times)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: The General Political Thread - Brexit poll (#FSEXIT)
« Reply #3330 on: May 05, 2018, 06:02:05 pm »
You seriously can’t see it, can you? It’s the general consensus here that you have to prove what you’re saying. You both struggle to get the timelines of events right, let alone the actual facts. You can’t provide any sources and make statements that cannot be supported in any reality. It’s almost laughable

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3331 on: May 05, 2018, 06:02:13 pm »
I know, but Hoi3 keeps crashing. Need something to waste time on.

USA needs war to keep military industry running. Cost of war doesn't matter in that case. There might not even be a war if USA would set up sucessful coup.

Wait, your whole argument is that NATO wants to coup/proxy-war Putin out but doesn't because of nukes. So NATO doesn't want Putin to nuke Russia?
That just made 0 sense.

Btw HOI is worst Paradox game in terms of game concept

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: May 05, 2018, 06:02:45 pm »
You seriously can’t see it, can you? It’s the general consensus here that you have to prove what you’re saying. You both struggle to get the timelines of events right, let alone the actual facts. You can’t provide any sources and make statements that cannot be supported in any reality. It’s almost laughable
Give me one example

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: May 05, 2018, 06:04:41 pm »
Do you really think NATO wants to invade Russia?
If they could they would. But currently they don't want to because it would mean nuclear war.

So you state NATO does not invade because of Nukes. So, I ask.

So we would if Russia had no nukes?

To which you reply:
Yes probably wouldn't be open invasion but rather proxy war where NATO would instal own puppet goverment and add Russia to the NATO.

How does having nukes stop NATO from starting a proxy war right now?

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: May 05, 2018, 06:05:56 pm »
Give me one example
the way you both try and defend Russia in the Ukraine as though you can’t see that you’ve invaded a country undemocratocally and illegally

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: May 05, 2018, 06:06:35 pm »
Do you really think NATO wants to invade Russia?
If they could they would. But currently they don't want to because it would mean nuclear war.

So you state NATO does not invade because of Nukes. So, I ask.

So we would if Russia had no nukes?

To which you reply:
Yes probably wouldn't be open invasion but rather proxy war where NATO would instal own puppet goverment and add Russia to the NATO.

How does having nukes stop NATO from starting a proxy war right now?
Yes Putin would nuke NATO.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: May 05, 2018, 06:07:59 pm »
Putin would nuke NATO while it is not actually at war with them?

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: May 05, 2018, 06:08:34 pm »
Give me one example
the way you both try and defend Russia in the Ukraine as though you can’t see that you’ve invaded a country undemocratocally and illegally
I am not defending Russia for invading Ukraine. And what the fuck is undemocratic invasion lol? Perhaps May bombing Syria without approval of Parliament? Every invasion is illegal so here your argument proven wrong. Oh and me or Council since we are apparently one person now didn't invade anyone, im not even Russian.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 06:11:59 pm by McPero »

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: May 05, 2018, 06:08:52 pm »
I dont know for sure

Thinking again even if Russia didnt have nukes NATO couldnt defeat it at low enough cost.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 06:16:08 pm by McPero »

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: May 05, 2018, 06:17:25 pm »
Give me one example
I am not defending Russia for invading Ukraine. And what the fuck is undemocratic invasion lol? Perhaps May bombing Syria without approval of Parliament? Every invasion is illegal so here your argument proven wrong. Oh and me or Council since we are apparently one person now didn't invade anyone, im not even Russian.
There is your whataboutism again. I didn’t agree with the bombing of Syria either but you defend Russia all the time, avoiding levying any actual criticism against a dictatorship.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: May 05, 2018, 06:18:05 pm »
I dont know for sure

Thinking again even if Russia didnt have nukes NATO couldnt defeat it at low enough cost.

Which is why we don't want to invade. Did you just counter your own argument?

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: May 05, 2018, 06:19:44 pm »
Give me one example
There is your whataboutism again. I didn’t agree with the bombing of Syria either but you defend Russia all the time, avoiding levying any actual criticism against a dictatorship.
What whataboutism wtf? I just wasnt sure what undemocratic invasion is,point of that wasnt saying hey UK is actually undemocratically invading people. I dont defend Russia all the time you are delusional.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: May 05, 2018, 06:21:19 pm »
I dont know for sure

Which is why we don't want to invade. Did you just counter your own argument?
Yes I did on purpose because Im not so stubborn to not admit I was wrong, my world wont collapse if something I believe in turns out to be wrong.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: May 05, 2018, 06:22:08 pm »
Yes I did on purpose because Im not so stubborn to not admit I was wrong, my world wont collapse if something I believe in turns out to be wrong.

So NATO does not want to invade Russia. So does Putin need to invade Ukraine in order to defend Russia from NATO?

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: May 05, 2018, 06:23:46 pm »

So NATO does not want to invade Russia. So does Putin need to invade Ukraine in order to defend Russia from NATO?
No it doesnt but they don't want to give up influence over Ukraine. And they still feel safer if there is no NATO in Ukraine.