Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 529571 times)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: The General Political Thread - Brexit poll (#FSEXIT)
« Reply #2910 on: April 15, 2018, 04:26:01 pm »
You mean the same Syrian and Iraqi people who are also being killed by Putin and Assad? The west has done terrible things, but wake up and see that Putin and Assad are just as bad.
So if one day there would be military uprising caused by a foreign country in UK you would judge UK army for fighting against them? But that is really irrelevant. There would be no war in first place if USA wouldn't be supporting rebel groups and ISIS. Syrian goverment just wants to end the war it is quote natural what they are doing. USA caused this destruction and Syria and Russia are doing the most rational thing to end it.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/07/up-to-13000-secretly-hanged-in-syrian-jail-says-amnesty

If he was really just defending his country then things like this wouldn’t happen.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2911 on: April 15, 2018, 04:48:04 pm »
You mean the same Syrian and Iraqi people who are also being killed by Putin and Assad? The west has done terrible things, but wake up and see that Putin and Assad are just as bad.
So if one day there would be military uprising caused by a foreign country in UK you would judge UK army for fighting against them? But that is really irrelevant. There would be no war in first place if USA wouldn't be supporting rebel groups and ISIS. Syrian goverment just wants to end the war it is quote natural what they are doing. USA caused this destruction and Syria and Russia are doing the most rational thing to end it.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/07/up-to-13000-secretly-hanged-in-syrian-jail-says-amnesty

If he was really just defending his country then things like this wouldn’t happen.
Things like this wouldn't happen if USA wouldn't start a war. Not to mention we don't know to what extend these reports are true.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: April 15, 2018, 04:49:47 pm »
That defending accusations by accusing the accusers is not an adequete defense
Again I am not defending anybody just saying Assad didn't do the gas attack but USA supported rebels did and that Western bombing was counter productive. If I say somebody didn't do something doesn't mean that I am defending them for everything else they did.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 04:52:21 pm by McPero »

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: April 15, 2018, 04:56:51 pm »
Blaming the US for Assad killing thousands of innocent people. Do you have no shame? Besides, certain people within the UN have said they have enough evidence for Assad to be convicted of war crimes. There’s no excuse for that.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1AT0AY

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: April 15, 2018, 05:38:36 pm »
Blaming the US for Assad killing thousands of innocent people. Do you have no shame? Besides, certain people within the UN have said they have enough evidence for Assad to be convicted of war crimes. There’s no excuse for that.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1AT0AY
If USA didn't interfere this most likely wouldn't happen at least not in such great extend so they are partialy guilty. What are you trying to prove? I already say on every post that Assad is bad. I am claiming Assad didnt do the gas attack and that this western intervention was counter productive. Now post something if you disagree with that but don't post another 'Assad is bad'  post.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: April 15, 2018, 05:55:51 pm »
Except you try and take the blame away from Assad and Putin every single time. You seem to have a thing for old Vlad and I would say you loved him except being gay is illegal in Russia...

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2916 on: April 15, 2018, 06:02:08 pm »
I'd hardly label not falling for Saudi-supplied bait as "having a thing for old Vlad"! In addition to it being rather hypocritical for a Brit to throw shade at certain middle eastern governments for committing atrocities, given that the hands of our government have been soaked in blood for the past twenty years.

Indeed: find me a murderous, radically Islamic government in the middle east and I'll find you a government that has been no doubt funded or otherwise aided by the UK government at one point or another.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: April 15, 2018, 06:03:43 pm »
Except you try and take the blame away from Assad and Putin every single time. You seem to have a thing for old Vlad and I would say you loved him except being gay is illegal in Russia...
I try to take blame away from Assad and Putin from this gas attack yes. No being gay in Russia is not illegal, how Russian society accepts homosexuals is another thing.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: April 15, 2018, 06:07:55 pm »
Yes Gordo and I even awknowedleged those atrocities. But that doesn’t make Assad’s okay, does it? Mcpero the fact that you somehow blame the USA for things done by Assad is a real logical flaw. What about the war forced him to execute innocent people?

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: April 15, 2018, 06:13:31 pm »
No being gay in Russia is not illegal, how Russian society accepts homosexuals is another thing.

I cringed.

If USA didn't interfere this most likely wouldn't happen at least not in such great extend so they are partialy guilty.

The phrasing in this sentence is worthy of a Nobel price for literature.

So if one day there would be military uprising caused by a foreign country in UK you would judge UK army for fighting against them?

No. We would, however, judge the UK army for warcrimes, such as targeting civilians and using non-discriminatory and therefor illegal weaponry.

There would be no war in first place if USA wouldn't be supporting rebel groups and ISIS.

Yeah, how could anyone suggest the Assad regime has anything to do with the start of the Syrian Civil war? Imperialists, I say!

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: April 15, 2018, 06:55:52 pm »
No being gay in Russia is not illegal, how Russian society accepts homosexuals is another thing.

I cringed.

If USA didn't interfere this most likely wouldn't happen at least not in such great extend so they are partialy guilty.

The phrasing in this sentence is worthy of a Nobel price for literature.

So if one day there would be military uprising caused by a foreign country in UK you would judge UK army for fighting against them?

No. We would, however, judge the UK army for warcrimes, such as targeting civilians and using non-discriminatory and therefor illegal weaponry.

There would be no war in first place if USA wouldn't be supporting rebel groups and ISIS.

Yeah, how could anyone suggest the Assad regime has anything to do with the start of the Syrian Civil war? Imperialists, I say!

Cringe all you want.
Gimme it.
Yes but Assad most likely didn't use gas if that is what you are applying here.
Yes there would be no war because his regime was to strong if you believe rebels could achive anything without support of west you are delusional.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2921 on: April 15, 2018, 06:58:25 pm »
If his regime was so strong, why was he losing badly before the Russian’s intervened? And to say that the West’s meagre support for the rebel’s cause them to weaken the regime is very much wishful thinking.

If the USA had really wanted regime change, they would have changed the regime in mere days

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: April 15, 2018, 07:13:15 pm »
If his regime was so strong, why was he losing badly before the Russian’s intervened? And to say that the West’s meagre support for the rebel’s cause them to weaken the regime is very much wishful thinking.

If the USA had really wanted regime change, they would have changed the regime in mere days
Rebels were winning because of Western support idk what makes you think it was meagre support,  they wanted regime change but Russian intervention ruined their plans. And no they can't change regime in mere days. Oh and I can say it is wishful thinking that Assad regime is weak what kind of argument is that lol?

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: April 15, 2018, 07:15:03 pm »
McPero are you Russian?

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: April 15, 2018, 07:16:24 pm »
McPero are you Russian?
No. I live in a NATO country.