Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 529356 times)

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: The General Political Thread - Brexit poll (#FSEXIT)
« Reply #2670 on: March 11, 2018, 08:08:59 pm »
https://globalnews.ca/news/4058984/justin-trudeau-india-trip-ipsos-poll/

Also Doug Ford supposedly won the Ontario PC race looooooooooooool
Hopefully not. Who's ready for a fourth straight PC loss?? Doug Ford cannot win Ontario

And i like thousands of others never received my PIN to vote. Party is a shitshow.

On the bright side the last polls still have the PC at an absurd 50% and even with Doug ford at leader maintained a huge margin (wynne vs ford, wynne vs elliott, etc.)
I’m calling a Wynne minority

Ontario is probably the most postmodern province of the world's most postmodern country. God help you if Wynne stays in power.
I just don’t see a world where Toronto suburbs vote for Rob Ford’s brother

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2671 on: March 11, 2018, 08:38:45 pm »
Someone explain Ontario politics to me?

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: March 11, 2018, 08:45:50 pm »
Liberals have been in for over a decade. Two Liberal premiers have had their times in office mired by extremely poor financial decisions, terrible political partisanship, they've had party members charged with corruption, they singlehandedly ruined both the energy and industrial sectors, and had prominent members of parliament call different parts of non-Toronto Ontario "a wasteland".

The conservatives previous leadership was running on a very centre-left platform, with the hope that Liberal voters would vote for him instead because he was all progressive but promised good financial choices (which was, imo, the only hope). A couple weeks ago a pair of sexual misconduct allegations brought him down in the space of three hours. He plans to sue the news source for failure to do due diligence, as the people changed the story in a crucial way. Last night they elected the populist Doug Ford, brother of now deceased former Toronto mayor Rob Ford, to lead them in the next election. My guess is his platform will be anti-establishment and anti-government, and will be centre-right. We'll see how that goes

Then there's the NDP who, for some reason, don't do anything, even though this is the perfect time for them.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2673 on: March 11, 2018, 08:45:59 pm »
They have a garbage, liberal premier like the rest of the country.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: March 11, 2018, 09:14:40 pm »
Here's the thing, there's no point getting rid of Wynne and replacing her with someone who's not much different. Conservatives need to be conservative. Doug Ford probably ain't the best messenger but if the message itself is good...

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: March 11, 2018, 10:10:02 pm »
Thanks for explaining

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: March 11, 2018, 10:57:33 pm »
Here's the thing, there's no point getting rid of Wynne and replacing her with someone who's not much different. Conservatives need to be conservative. Doug Ford probably ain't the best messenger but if the message itself is good...
Tried that last time tho. My party sources expected Brown to abandon his Liberal agenda after election

Offline Von Bergen

• Best Kindergarten Teacher EU West
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
    • 23rd Ts
  • Nick: Jay Mc Lovin
« Reply #2677 on: March 14, 2018, 11:30:03 am »
I might ask a question to another topic: Am i the only one who thinks that the Russians killed that Ex-Agent, the British know the Russians did it, the Russians know the British know they did it, the British know the Russians will never confess it and so this whole conflict is just nonsense. Becaus yeah they need to investigate this shit but why are they trying to enforce things that will never happen?

Offline Skyfall

• First Lieutenant
  • Wow Im unbanned :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: March 14, 2018, 11:33:07 am »
Im going a bit off topic but I just wanted to give you some updates.. election was held here in Italy 10 days ago. Right wing coalition got 37%, 5-Stars-Movemnet got 32%, center-left party collapsed. Lowest tornout ever for Italy (about 73%).

In the last 2 years M-5s and Lega (which is the leader party in the right wing coalition) changed a bit their opinion about EU and euro. They used to be very euroscepit (they wanted a Italexit referendum), nowadays, especially for M-5s, leaving EU is not a priority anymore.
Despite the fact that both those parties are partially eurospectic and are extremely populist, its really difficoult that they will be able to form a government (yeah classic Italy), so we will either have a caretaker government or we'll go back to vote in some months (hopefully with a different electoral law).

Election result
[close]

Ikr none gives a shit about Italy but yeah I think is quite important for the future of EU

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: March 14, 2018, 11:34:14 am »
Because if Theresa May doesn’t condemn Russian for it then it makes her look weak

Offline Von Bergen

• Best Kindergarten Teacher EU West
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
    • 23rd Ts
  • Nick: Jay Mc Lovin
« Reply #2680 on: March 14, 2018, 11:40:08 am »
Because if Theresa May doesn’t condemn Russian for it then it makes her look weak
Dont you think the Russians just ignoring her ultimatum makes her look weaker? Now she will have to put in sanctions that hurt the economy of all countrys connected to the topic

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #2681 on: March 14, 2018, 11:57:27 am »
Im going a bit off topic but I just wanted to give you some updates.. election was held here in Italy 10 days ago. Right wing coalition got 37%, 5-Stars-Movemnet got 32%, center-left party collapsed. Lowest tornout ever for Italy (about 73%).

In the last 2 years M-5s and Lega (which is the leader party in the right wing coalition) changed a bit their opinion about EU and euro. They used to be very euroscepit (they wanted a Italexit referendum), nowadays, especially for M-5s, leaving EU is not a priority anymore.
Despite the fact that both those parties are partially eurospectic and are extremely populist, its really difficoult that they will be able to form a government (yeah classic Italy), so we will either have a caretaker government or we'll go back to vote in some months (hopefully with a different electoral law).

Election result
[close]

Ikr none gives a shit about Italy but yeah I think is quite important for the future of EU

But what is the next step?
Even after a reelection the country will probably color the same as this result.. the population is devided..

What new election law would you think work?

Offline Skyfall

• First Lieutenant
  • Wow Im unbanned :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: March 14, 2018, 12:47:39 pm »
But what is the next step?
Even after a reelection the country will probably color the same as this result.. the population is devided..

What new election law would you think work?

Actually with our system nowadays you just need around 42-44% in order to form a government without other parties, so if the center-left party (Partito Democratic) keeps falling (it took over 40% 4 years ago) its actually possible that one of the other will be able to form a government next time. Also, there was a lot of abstension so I dont think the result would be the same.
If you ask me, I'd totally go for a two-round election system (like France). We just need stability, we've had 64 different governments in 72 years!

If you are interested in Italian electioral law just read wikipediea's article, its's something unique and hyper-complicated  :-\
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_electoral_law_of_2017

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: March 14, 2018, 04:15:34 pm »
Dont you think the Russians just ignoring her ultimatum makes her look weaker? Now she will have to put in sanctions that hurt the economy of all countrys connected to the topic
There wasn’t any economic sanctions tho afaik

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: March 15, 2018, 09:59:42 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43405686

This is sure to send shivers down the spine of Vladimir Putin.