Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 529725 times)

Norwegian13

Re: The General Political Thread - Brexit poll (#FSEXIT)
« Reply #2475 on: February 17, 2018, 12:35:44 am »
Again you link RT as a source, I can't take you seriously when you do that.

And I can't take you serious when you use claims from your liberal, Russophobic media. I can use the same argument against you. There's nothing wrong with using RT as a source btw. It's actually a great source of news, and I'd recommend you read it but I know you won't. (hurr durr Russian propaganda) It's funny that for you it's apperantly enough to "invalidate" all my evidence because apperantly hurr durr RT is Russian propaganda.

Offline Gojkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2476 on: February 17, 2018, 12:36:03 am »
Yes, Russians are evil aggressors who want to conquer the world and eat your brains.

We should ban all Russians from FSE community. Olympic committee will be pleased.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 12:37:48 am by Gojkov »

Offline XIIIth_Baltimore

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Baltimore
« Reply #2477 on: February 17, 2018, 12:39:13 am »
LOLOLOLOLOL Seriously, it's like you take the news from first hand and think that you can trust LOLOLOLOLOL

Offline XIIIth_Baltimore

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: February 17, 2018, 12:40:55 am »
Omg goikov laughing to tears XDDDD

Norwegian13

« Reply #2479 on: February 17, 2018, 12:44:54 am »
You’re defending Russia even though it was them who supplied the equipment and are constantly being the aggressor in the Ukraine?

ahahahah, of course. A typical argument from a typical Westerner. Naturally Russia supplies the separatists with weapons so that they can stand a chance at defending themselves against the Ukrainians with all their fancy Western tech, but hm, let's see, what started the whole Civil War in Ukraine? Ah, yes. It was the fact that the new nazi junta in Kiev decided to ban Russian, as well as start extreme oppressions against the Russian population. It's only natural that the Russians in the East took up arms to defend themselves (as well as get support from the Russian state), especially when extremist armed right wing groups such as Azov battalion or the Right Sector come down to loot, pillage, rape and murder.

Oh and yes, it's so nice when you teach your children to shout "Москалей на ножи! (Muscovites on knives! lit. translation, basically means kill all Russians) isn't it? Just spreading all that Western European liberalism, democracy and love ::)

Here, enjoy a piece of what you will call my Russian propaganda. Perhaps you'll get somewhat of a understanding of why I choose to support the people who are literally just defending themselves from aggression. Most likely not though, but whatever.
Spoiler

[close]

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: February 17, 2018, 12:45:34 am »
Again you link RT as a source, I can't take you seriously when you do that.

And I can't take you serious when you use claims from your liberal, Russophobic media. I can use the same argument against you. There's nothing wrong with using RT as a source btw. It's actually a great source of news, and I'd recommend you read it but I know you won't. (hurr durr Russian propaganda) It's funny that for you it's apperantly enough to "invalidate" all my evidence because apperantly hurr durr RT is Russian propaganda.

RT is funded by the Russian government, do I trust the Russian government? No so do I trust RT? Hell no.

Offline Gojkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: February 17, 2018, 12:46:00 am »
One sided? The evidence is overwhelmingly against Russia of course it would be one sided.

What overwhelming evidence? Have you read Dutch and Russian reports? Are you an aircrash investigator (you picked it up on National geographic?)?

The Dutch report stated that the MH17 was shot down by an air-to-air guided missile, made in Russia, used in about 50 other countries in the world, including Ukrainian air force. Let's say you read that, it definitely proves the Russians shot down the MH17? Where's the motive? Why would Russian air force send a plane into Ukrainian airspace to shoot down a civilian plane?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 12:49:16 am by Gojkov »

Norwegian13

« Reply #2482 on: February 17, 2018, 12:48:34 am »
RT is funded by the Russian government, do I trust the Russian government? No so do I trust RT? Hell no.

Vice versa. I'm certain you trust things like Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (which is funded by the American government and spreads the most hilarious propaganda I've ever seen), but even if you come to me with some other privately owned newspaper or whatever, I still won't trust them because no matter how "independent" they claim to be, there's always someone with the money behind them. *cough* Soros *cough*

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #2483 on: February 17, 2018, 12:48:38 am »
RT is a good source so long as the news involves anything that is not involved with Russia. The whole Russian media apparatus is literally built to make people support the Russian government and its views.

Offline XIIIth_Baltimore

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: February 17, 2018, 12:49:29 am »
I think in Western msm only in the animal world the truth give people lolol, btw i can say this about all MSM

Offline Gojkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: February 17, 2018, 12:51:42 am »
RT is a good source so long as the news involves anything that is not involved with Russia. The whole Russian media apparatus is literally built to make people support the Russian government and its views.

Which is exactly why the medias exist, to spread propaganda according to various interests of countries, companies, political figures or whoever owns them/funds them. Those who fund them, fund them for a reason, their own.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: February 17, 2018, 12:53:32 am »
Responding to your edit about Russian weaponry, it was in fact Soviet weaponry, that is also in posession of the Ukrainian army. There's no valid proof that shows it was separatist forces that shot down the plane. There's a working theory in Russia that the Ukrainians were in fact wishing to shoot down the Russian presidential plane which was going to fly a similar route, but instead ended up shooting down the wrong plane.

'A working theory'. Didn't know that was a new name for a 'totally retarded piece of fiction'.

Seperatists (including the leadership) were rejoicing on social media they shot down an airplane. They took pictures. Russian Media reported on it - and then it turned out a civilian airliner was missing, and they suddenly denied everything. They had actually shot down Antonov's before, supplying the border posts enclaves, and they were aiming for one of those again when they hit MH17 by accident.

To pretend none of that happens and suggest Ukraine would be retarded enough to shoot down Putin means you either just don't want to believe the truth or you're just an idiot. What would Ukraine gain? Giving Russians the perfect excuse to actually officially invade? Losing all support from allies by such an aggressive act, a warcrime even? Expanding a war they were winning? How, in your head, does this theory seem even remotely plausible?

One sided? The evidence is overwhelmingly against Russia of course it would be one sided.

What overwhelming evidence? Have you read Dutch and Russian reports? Are you an aircrash investigator (you picked it up on National geographic?)?

The Dutch report stated that the MH17 was shot down by an air-to-air guided missile, made in Russia, used in about 50 other countries in the world, including Ukrainian air force. Let's say you read that, it definitely proves the Russians shot down the MH17? Where's the motive? Why would Russian air force send a plane into Ukrainian airspace to shoot down a civilian plane?

No, the Dutch report said MH17 was shot down by a BUK, made in Russia, shot from territory held by seperatists. Never, ever, was there any suggestion or claim it was done by an air-to-air guided missile. Where did you get that information? The report is clear, and you need more then conspiracy theories to debunk it.

https://www.rtlnieuws.nl/nieuws/binnenland/mh17-rapport-dit-zijn-de-belangrijkste-conclusies

Norwegian13

« Reply #2487 on: February 17, 2018, 12:53:47 am »

I can understand that it can be perceived by biased as some, but RT simply delivers the Russian viewpoint very efficiently, same as all other media do. Of course, I can't claim that RT is a unbiased, non-sided news source. At the same time, neither can any of you, considering all media have their side that they're on and their point that they wish to propagate. There's no truly independent news source, there never has been, and there never will be. One must simply pick a side.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2488 on: February 17, 2018, 12:56:35 am »
Norwegian are you trolling because this is silly. You sound like Putin's PR department. If Russia is such an innocent country then why have Russian soldiers been in the Ukraine?

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #2489 on: February 17, 2018, 12:56:50 am »

I can understand that it can be perceived by biased as some, but RT simply delivers the Russian viewpoint very efficiently, same as all other media do. Of course, I can't claim that RT is a unbiased, non-sided news source. At the same time, neither can any of you, considering all media have their side that they're on and their point that they wish to propagate. There's no truly independent news source, there never has been, and there never will be. One must simply pick a side.
Ok, but something like the BBC is a far better news source to sight than RT concerning the events in Ukraine. Given the fact that Russia wants Crimea and Ukraine in its sphere its not hard to see why RT is not a good source.