Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 529343 times)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The General Political Thread - Brexit poll (#FSEXIT)
« Reply #2460 on: February 16, 2018, 09:53:39 pm »
You don't need to have someone in the courtroom to prosecute him. They'll trial them In Abstentia. But yeah, Russia is exactly never going to extradite anyone. Same goes for the guys who shot down MH17 or are responsible for it. It annoys me to no end that the Dutch government still pretends they will be prosecuted and punished.

Norwegian13

« Reply #2461 on: February 16, 2018, 11:21:27 pm »
You don't need to have someone in the courtroom to prosecute him. They'll trial them In Abstentia. But yeah, Russia is exactly never going to extradite anyone. Same goes for the guys who shot down MH17 or are responsible for it. It annoys me to no end that the Dutch government still pretends they will be prosecuted and punished.

Nobody knows for certain who shot down MH17 though.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: February 16, 2018, 11:44:34 pm »
I guess that's why Russia where the ones that vetoed against holding a trial for the suspects in the UN security council?

Russian weaponry was used by Ukraininan separatists to shoot down MH17.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 11:48:44 pm by Furrnox »

Norwegian13

« Reply #2463 on: February 16, 2018, 11:49:39 pm »
I guess that's why Russia where the ones that vetoed against holding a trial for the suspects in the UN security council.

Russia vetoed it because it would have ended up in being a very one-sided court. I'll quote what Lavrov said about the proposal.

“The proposal itself was very peculiar. It was proposed in the draft statute to establish the tribunal based mostly on Ukrainian law and for the judges and prosecutors in the tribunal to be appointed by the Secretary-General without consulting the Security Council and that the judges should have experience in exercising Ukrainian and Malaysian law.”

You could read this article to get a full view on why the Russians didn't want to accept the intl. tribunal.
https://www.rt.com/news/311691-lavrov-mh17-malaysia-asean/

Responding to your edit about Russian weaponry, it was in fact Soviet weaponry, that is also in posession of the Ukrainian army. There's no valid proof that shows it was separatist forces that shot down the plane. There's a working theory in Russia that the Ukrainians were in fact wishing to shoot down the Russian presidential plane which was going to fly a similar route, but instead ended up shooting down the wrong plane.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 11:53:33 pm by Noorwegian »

AeroNinja

« Reply #2464 on: February 16, 2018, 11:53:43 pm »
The faster the UK is out of the EU the better. I'll move to the UK when that happens. Been there, nice place.

Norwegian13

« Reply #2465 on: February 16, 2018, 11:55:38 pm »
The faster the UK is out of the EU the better. I'll move to the UK when that happens. Been there, nice place.

The only unfortunate thing with a potential dissolution of the European Union/Schengen is that we'll have closed borders again and will require visas in order to visit other European countries. But it's a small price to pay for increased security really.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: February 17, 2018, 12:00:34 am »
I guess that's why Russia where the ones that vetoed against holding a trial for the suspects in the UN security council.

Russia vetoed it because it would have ended up in being a very one-sided court. I'll quote what Lavrov said about the proposal.

“The proposal itself was very peculiar. It was proposed in the draft statute to establish the tribunal based mostly on Ukrainian law and for the judges and prosecutors in the tribunal to be appointed by the Secretary-General without consulting the Security Council and that the judges should have experience in exercising Ukrainian and Malaysian law.”

You could read this article to get a full view on why the Russians didn't want to accept the intl. tribunal.
https://www.rt.com/news/311691-lavrov-mh17-malaysia-asean/

Responding to your edit about Russian weaponry, it was in fact Soviet weaponry, that is also in posession of the Ukrainian army. There's no valid proof that shows it was separatist forces that shot down the plane. There's a working theory in Russia that the Ukrainians were in fact wishing to shoot down the Russian presidential plane which was going to fly a similar route, but instead ended up shooting down the wrong plane.

rt nice meme.

No valid proof hmm I guess all of the world are just against Russia, Russia is clearly the only country to act objectively in all situations a perfect country with a perfect people.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 12:13:43 am by Furrnox »

AeroNinja

« Reply #2467 on: February 17, 2018, 12:02:17 am »

The only unfortunate thing with a potential dissolution of the European Union/Schengen is that we'll have closed borders again and will require visas in order to visit other European countries. But it's a small price to pay for increased security really.
I wish Belgium had that already. Immigrants think they are the boss here. Not all of them, but a lot.

Offline XIIIth_Baltimore

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Baltimore
« Reply #2468 on: February 17, 2018, 12:02:32 am »
it's time to unite, but everything is just leave they unions

Norwegian13

« Reply #2469 on: February 17, 2018, 12:15:22 am »
-

-

rt nice meme.

No valid proof hmm I guess all of the world are just against Russia, Russia is clearly the only country to act objectively in all situation a perfect country with a perfect people.

No matter how much you dislike RT, it still remains a valid source.

That's some nice passive aggressive Russia-bashing you got there, reminds me of the Democrats and the rest of the western MSM. Nobody ever claimed that Russia is perfect, but the way the tribunal was proposed to be made would end up in it being one-sided and biased. And yeah, the question of who shot down the plane still remains unanswered as there's no concrete evidence telling us who shot down the plane.

But there's no point in debating this really. You'll be standing on your point, bashing Russia on all accounts that you can, and I'll be standing on mine over here defending Russia. ::)

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: February 17, 2018, 12:17:42 am »
RT is as relevant as Fox News or CNN.

One sided? The evidence is overwhelmingly against Russia of course it would be one sided.

Offline XIIIth_Baltimore

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Baltimore
« Reply #2471 on: February 17, 2018, 12:23:08 am »
Trusting the MSM, not your own opinion and belief is not smart. In addition, the plane fell not on the territory of Russia.

Norwegian13

« Reply #2472 on: February 17, 2018, 12:30:38 am »
RT is as relevant as Fox News or CNN.

One sided? The evidence is overwhelmingly against Russia of course it would be one sided.

There's no evidence pointing against Russia though. Anything can be fabricated, as they already tried to do. (check this out) Also, why did the Dutchies did not want to have an open and transparent analysis of the "secret data" about the plane crash that they received from the United States? They claimed that it would be a 'conflict of interest', but that's some next level bullshit. They probably threw some stuff together, and probably passed it on as evidence against Russia. In any case, I don't see how it would hurt to have a transparent analysis of the data, with the participation of Russian analysts as well. Getting a bit shady here...

Russia was very wise in vetoing the tribunal, seeing as it would be created, filled with judges that would be biased and working specifically against Russia. And please, don't compare RT to the filth that is CNN. RT is way more credible than them. (This I know you'll certaintly disagree with and say it's muh Russian propaganda but you know very well I disagree with you on that :P)

But Furrnox, we're wasting our time here really. I think it's quite clear that you'll staunchly remain on your side, same as I will be on mine. We've been through these kinds of discussions before and nothing has changed with time. I'll be heading off to bed, I suggest you do the same (getting rather late in Sweden as well), but other than that enjoy the rest of your Friday evening/Saturday morning.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 12:32:20 am by Noorwegian »

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: February 17, 2018, 12:31:56 am »
Again you link RT as a source, I can't take you seriously when you do that.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2474 on: February 17, 2018, 12:33:50 am »
You’re defending Russia even though it was them who supplied the equipment and are constantly being the aggressor in the Ukraine?