Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 530630 times)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #1920 on: October 16, 2017, 05:00:29 pm »
Kurds can beat the Iraqi military no problem

Guess not.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
  • Side: Union

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: October 16, 2017, 06:41:51 pm »

Guess not.

The fighting has literally just started and Iran has already sent Shi'a militias under Qassem Soleimani into Kurdistan. If it was a straight fight between Iraq and the Kurds the former would lose, but it's not since Iran has thousands of militia pouring into the region.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #1925 on: October 16, 2017, 11:19:26 pm »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #1926 on: October 16, 2017, 11:23:42 pm »
Biggest meme of the week:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/north-korea-us-attack-emp-power-grid-kill-90-per-cent-american-population-electromagnetic-pulse-a8002756.html

Are all americans robots, or how the hell are 90% of all americans going to die by shutting down the power grid?
I envy your ability to be oblivious of your dependance on the power grid

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline fruitocino

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18e SgtMaj
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: October 17, 2017, 12:02:04 am »
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/north-korea-us-attack-emp-power-grid-kill-90-per-cent-american-population-electromagnetic-pulse-a8002756.html

Are all americans robots, or how the hell are 90% of all americans going to die by shutting down the power grid?
They can't get you if you wear a tinfoil hat!

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: October 17, 2017, 02:15:30 pm »

Guess not.

Tbf most of the Peshmerga was ordered to stand down.
What's ludicrous is that reportadely the Iraqi militia group known as Hashd al-Shaabi decapitated 10 Peshmerga fighters.

(Edit: apparently this was reported by Kurdish media so it could be biased/fake news)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:18:12 pm by Furrnox »

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: October 17, 2017, 03:50:35 pm »
Can we all agree to not use the stupid god damn term fake news. Its not fake news, if it's untrue then it's a lie

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: October 17, 2017, 06:10:03 pm »

While it certainly would be more difficult without a power grid, not all electronic devices will be rendered completely useless due to an EMP attack.
Most vehicles and especially heavy and older trucks will be able to resist an EMP attack too. This means, while it would be more difficult to transport food around, it would still be possible. It is also not like you can not repair stuff after an EMP attack.

Getting fuel would be the most difficult task, as most pumps in fuel stations will break, but since fuel is one of the most important things, I am sure people will quickly set on repairing those, to make sure that goods and people can be transported around.
90% seems way to high. Sure people would die, most likely people would also starve due to food shortages, but 90% is ridiculous.

Besides that, how the hell are you supposed to kill the entire US power grid all at once.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #1931 on: October 17, 2017, 08:04:58 pm »
The Tsar Bomba of EMPs will do =D
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #1932 on: October 17, 2017, 09:39:44 pm »
Well yes, 90 percent is a bit high
When I was in Washington a couple years ago I attended a congressional hearing about this stuff addressing the risk EMP’s pose to the power stations themselves. It was explained like a railway system - destroy a few railway stations in a network and your network fractures.
Really makes me hope US military command nodes are isolated from the main grid

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: October 18, 2017, 12:08:15 pm »
The entire system is build to withstand a major nuclear attack. Or at least it was 30 years ago.
I am sure the government will do fine.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #1934 on: October 18, 2017, 01:08:26 pm »
The military will not be completely seperate from the grid, consdiring it's too expensive to keep it compeltely seperate. They will however have outlets, back-ups installed and core systes will be seperate. So government communication will still be a thing.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.