Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 530140 times)

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #1875 on: October 08, 2017, 08:04:37 pm »
You seriously think states are gonna raise a militia in 2017?

I didn't see this. The amusing thing is that States do currently have militias currently, though they're legislatively called State Defense Forces. Texas' is the most impressive, with six regiments, two air wings, various engineer battalions, a Medical brigade and a maritime regiment for coastal patrols.

Additionally, rather or not they would is irrelevant; it's a right afforded to the States. Rights exist rather you exercise them or not, and rather you need them or not.

You came in patronising people for not knowing gun laws.

Probably because there are people spouting strong opinions with fallacious information to base said opinions on.

Don't try and frame it as though you were only pointing out that there are already background checks because, in some cases there aren't.

For private sales between to citizens, there is not a requirement. That does not make a statement of "there are no background checks" correct.
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1876 on: October 08, 2017, 08:09:27 pm »
Yes but why does that mean citizens need to privately own rifles? Can't they become property of the state?

From what I've read citizens are put through the NICS system but that doesn't correlate to a direct mental health evaluation.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: October 08, 2017, 08:40:47 pm »
Most US mass shootings are carried out by the mentally ill (individual shootings on the other hand are mostly down to gang violence). They were very rare in American society pre-1970 despite high levels of gun ownership and even laxer gun control laws than now. If you look at the timeline comparing deinstitutionalisation of the mentally ill and US mass shooting events then the correlation is very obvious. The solution is to start building more mental hospitals and put people in them.

Anyone advocating US gun control needs to explain how that could work in a society a) with more guns than people, and b) where gun culture is heavily embedded.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: October 08, 2017, 08:53:32 pm »
Okay, so like I said it's a choice between better healthcare or gun control. Both of which the US seem to struggle grasping.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1879 on: October 08, 2017, 11:15:53 pm »

If that were the case the Russians would not have adopted a new caliber for their small arms more akin to the 5.56x45 NATO.

I am quite fine with you schooling me in Gun laws in the U.S., but I'd urge you to think further than only what a round does in terms of its capacity to kill people.

7.62 rifles are higher powered, requiring... well... more actual rifle, which means more weight, which means more fatigue and it means less accurate shots in an enduring firefight and a more cumbersome rifle. Considering war is increasingly fought in ubran areas 5.56 rounds are more suitable. The only thing 5.56 does not make itself useful is when fighting thugs in the desert armed with AKs shooting double the distance almost all 5.56 rifles do. so yes, it is sensible that Russia is swtiching to 5.56

And yes, that still makes 7.62 the most suitable for precision shootingm there are still Designated Marksmen and snipers and sharpshooters and 7.62 is still the best round from them.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Prince_Eugen

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19th_Fus_Prince_Eugen
« Reply #1880 on: October 11, 2017, 10:20:23 am »
I would say, the AK with 5.45 round is more deadlier than a 7.62 one, so you have to match 5.56 with 5.45 round, not 7.62.

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #1881 on: October 11, 2017, 10:22:14 am »
I would say, the AK with 5.45 round is more deadlier than a 7.62 one, so you have to match 5.56 with 5.45 round, not 7.62.
Trust Ukrainians, after all who else has more experience with fighting AK's  ::)

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #1882 on: October 11, 2017, 10:28:11 am »
tfw in the Czech election the guy from the party leading the polls owns the largest Czech media company :>

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #1883 on: October 11, 2017, 10:35:45 am »
still dre day nigga
ak nigga

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: October 11, 2017, 10:41:17 am »
still dre day nigga
ak nigga
inb4 muted again. You don't care about your life do you nero?

Offline Prince_Eugen

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19th_Fus_Prince_Eugen
« Reply #1885 on: October 11, 2017, 10:52:09 am »
On AK you dont have to switch to 5.56 when you have 5.45, it's obvious. Also, tfw when someone calls AK usefull for a long range firefight. AK is very unstable in accuracy, also it has major problems after firing 2-3 mags - accuracy drops so much.

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #1886 on: October 11, 2017, 10:55:01 am »
muh one teps in csgo :D

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: October 11, 2017, 10:59:25 am »
On AK you dont have to switch to 5.56 when you have 5.45, it's obvious. Also, tfw when someone calls AK usefull for a long range firefight. AK is very unstable in accuracy, also it has major problems after firing 2-3 mags - accuracy drops so much.
I agree, Short-Medium combat range AK is the coolest weapon :P

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: October 11, 2017, 12:14:45 pm »
I think I the debate over which ammunition is better has become slightly off topic

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: October 11, 2017, 12:28:00 pm »
I think I the debate over which ammunition is better has become slightly off topic
Communism did nothing wrong.