Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 530122 times)

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #1725 on: October 03, 2017, 11:40:56 pm »

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1726 on: October 03, 2017, 11:43:40 pm »
Lmao why was he throwing them like he was going for a three pointer

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #1727 on: October 04, 2017, 12:19:20 am »
trump didn't curry at the white house with that form

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1728 on: October 04, 2017, 06:43:31 pm »
Assad sure handled the Arab Spring nicely what a great leader wow.
Did his government get overthrown? Nope they didn't.
That's a success in the middle-east.

I was mostly referring to him ordering the beating, arresting and killing of unarmed protesters.
Resulting in army officers defecting, western involvement and a full scale civil war.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 01:51:24 am by Furrnox »

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: October 04, 2017, 08:31:28 pm »
Also that his regime kills far, far more civilians then IS or even all other sides combined. Whatever you can say about the other sides, Assad is a murdering dictator that, like most dictators, created the situation where his regime is necessary to provide some form of stability, much like organized crime creates the situation that requires shop-owners to pay 'protection money' for protection they wouldn't require if there wasn't maffia around in the first place.

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: October 05, 2017, 09:10:28 pm »
A few people were shot in a hotel

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: October 05, 2017, 09:58:58 pm »
Also that his regime kills far, far more civilians then IS or even all other sides combined. Whatever you can say about the other sides, Assad is a murdering dictator that, like most dictators, created the situation where his regime is necessary to provide some form of stability, much like organized crime creates the situation that requires shop-owners to pay 'protection money' for protection they wouldn't require if there wasn't maffia around in the first place.
USA caused much more deaths and destruction of Syria than Assad did. That is why Syrians now want Assad to be president. Syria would be just fine without USA supporting "rebels" and ISIS in Syria. Fine as the things can be fine when USA supports decolonization only to neocolonize everything. So it is USA's fault Assad even became dictator in first place.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 10:01:22 pm by McPero »

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: October 05, 2017, 10:10:50 pm »
I can't tell if mcpero is trolling or if he genuinely thinks Assad is a stand up bloke?

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: October 05, 2017, 10:26:34 pm »
I can't tell if mcpero is trolling or if he genuinely thinks Assad is a stand up bloke?
Assad is dictator that kills and imprisons opposition. Like 90% of former colonies. Still better than a war.
What happens if Assad is overthrown? You get another dictator installed by USA or some extremist. Success!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 10:30:03 pm by McPero »

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: October 05, 2017, 10:27:53 pm »
Being a bad person isn't relative to anyone else. I might kill ten people but just because somebody else has killed more that doesn't mean I'm not a bad person or a bad leader.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: October 05, 2017, 10:36:09 pm »
Being a bad person isn't relative to anyone else. I might kill ten people but just because somebody else has killed more that doesn't mean I'm not a bad person or a bad leader.
Never said he is a good person. But he is fighting on the right side.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: October 05, 2017, 10:52:36 pm »
And what side is that? The side of being a cunt? Maybe you need to stop seeing things so linear and start realising that not everything is as black and white as you make it out to be. The rebels might be knobs as well but that doesn't make Assad the good guy. All it makes is a group of war weary civilians stuck in the middle of two or more factions fighting for control

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: October 06, 2017, 08:36:03 am »
And what side is that? The side of being a cunt? Maybe you need to stop seeing things so linear and start realising that not everything is as black and white as you make it out to be. The rebels might be knobs as well but that doesn't make Assad the good guy. All it makes is a group of war weary civilians stuck in the middle of two or more factions fighting for control
He is fighting USA, which is fucking up world pretty hard with their neocolonisation and constantly starting new wars. And yeah exactly civilians suffer the most but there would be no war if it wasn't for USA foreign policy. So in this case you can see things white and black unless you are looking from nature's point of view then everything is neutral.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: October 06, 2017, 08:46:31 am »
Assad is a bad man and a bad leader. Just because he's fighting somebody else is irrelevant.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #1739 on: October 06, 2017, 01:37:47 pm »
Even the NRA is now calling for additional legislation on bump stocks...
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.