Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 529288 times)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #1710 on: October 02, 2017, 12:26:24 am »
Stop chatting shite piercee

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1711 on: October 02, 2017, 12:39:33 am »
Assad sure handled the Arab Spring nicely what a great leader wow.

Offline Eddie

• Sergeant Major
  • Regiment Name: 5th "Northumberland" Regiment of Fo
    • View Profile
    • Regiment Name: 5th "Northumberland" Regiment of Foot Class: Line Expected Attendance: 25+ Leader's Steam name: you have me Do you agree to the rules?: Yep
  • Nick: Regiment Name: 5th "Northumberland"
« Reply #1712 on: October 02, 2017, 12:41:25 am »
If Hitler had won we wouldnt have bullshit like this

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • SOUTH AFRICAN WAR DOG - NWWC 2019 WINNER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: October 02, 2017, 12:54:16 am »
Did his government get overthrown? Nope they didn't.
That's a success in the middle-east.

Stop chatting shite piercee

What of my message is shite.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: October 02, 2017, 12:56:30 am »
Most of it tbh. That territory is legally part of Iraq, there is no 'fair and square' about it. You think by creating a new state the threat to the Kurdish people from ISIS will suddenly disappear? If you do then you're incredibly naïve. Assad has committed war crimes on more than one occasion. You have extremely low standards if you think he's anything other than a vile human being.

Offline Eddie

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • Regiment Name: 5th "Northumberland" Regiment of Foot Class: Line Expected Attendance: 25+ Leader's Steam name: you have me Do you agree to the rules?: Yep
« Reply #1715 on: October 02, 2017, 01:03:56 am »
If Hitler had won we wouldnt have bullshit like this

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: October 02, 2017, 01:08:55 am »
Most of it tbh. That territory is legally part of Iraq, there is no 'fair and square' about it. You think by creating a new state the threat to the Kurdish people from ISIS will suddenly disappear? If you do then you're incredibly naïve. Assad has committed war crimes on more than one occasion. You have extremely low standards if you think he's anything other than a vile human being.

So you're also saying that Israel should be returned to Palestine then considering it was originally theirs before it was taken from them and given to the Jews after WW2.
I'm not saying the threat of ISIS will suddenly dissapear, it's that they've always been promised a land, that promised land was originally also part region of Iraq and surrounding countries.
For the amount they've done in those areas I think they atleast deserve their fair share for the war they've fought.

ISIS will not dissapear, but it will do the same thing as it did that created ISIS, rebel groups were given equipment by the US because they wanted the groups to fight it out themselves.
These rebel groups either lost really quickly or joined up with ISIS themselves, basically granting them the equipment.
Half of the weak Iraqi army abandoned their positions when they weren't even losing a battle and thus suddenly the divisions of ISIS had modern assault rifles and heavy equipment including vehicles like Humvees, it's ridicilous how much instability the US has created in those areas.

Rebel groups are still around there and they're still fighting, there was fighting between the FSA, SAA, YPG, PKK, ISIS, Turkish Army, and other unnamed rebel groups in MULTIPLE cities at the same time. It's clear that a central government has to be formed to kinda stabilize it atleast a tad because with the current situation you'd have infighting for the upcoming hundred years.
That goes about both Iraq and Syria, there's shittons of peshmerga and other Kurdish divisions fighting rebels in all of those areas.

Which war crimes has Assad actually commited though, alot of it has been debunked.
Some reports for example say that Assad already turned his chemical weapons in around 2012-2013.
But then there's a so called chemical attack a few years later in Syria?
But then also there's multiple media saying, Assad did it and there's other media saying the rebels did it with proof even linking it to them?
Who's to believe according to you then? I guess you'd say the rebels are to be trusted with their information.
This is the information the West wants you to have in your mind, you're manipulated to hate anything your state opposes.

That's why I lost pretty much any trust I had in Trump when he decided to bomb Syria.

You can't deny there's always been VERY shady shit going on with the US and the middle-east, setting up puppet governments and destabelizing the regions overall with false reports and falsified decisions to start a war, it's happened to Iran, Iraq, Syria and a few more.
Starting a revolution in a country is easy if you appoint someone like they did in Iraq many years ago, someone who was extremely out of touch with the population whilst half of the population still supported Hussein's generals.
They could've picked someone to lead the government who actually lived his live in Iraq and was in touch with the population but they chose an outsider..
Which caused another civil war, yeah that's totally normal.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 02:15:46 am by Piercee »

Offline Eddie

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: October 02, 2017, 01:09:30 am »

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1718 on: October 02, 2017, 01:18:40 am »
I'm just gonna say the world would be a better place if all of us just died.

Offline Eddie

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: October 02, 2017, 01:18:59 am »
Yes

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: October 02, 2017, 01:43:00 am »
I can't be arsed having this conversation cos most of that paragraph was just a load of waffle

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: October 02, 2017, 02:08:24 am »
I can't be arsed having this conversation cos most of that paragraph was just a load of waffle

Sound

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1722 on: October 02, 2017, 02:33:47 am »
That's why I lost pretty much any trust I had in Trump when he decided to bomb Syria.

That's Ivanka and Kushner's influence for you, which sadly shows no signs of waning.

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: October 02, 2017, 02:57:36 am »

That's Ivanka and Kushner's influence for you, which sadly shows no signs of waning.

I fully agree, he let them manipulate him way too much.
Look at how many people stepped down that were so close to him, most of the reasons are because Ivanka's and Kushner's reasoning was that they were against their ''beliefs'' and so they kinda bullied them off, it's sad.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: October 02, 2017, 05:16:40 pm »
Tell me if there was no ISIS and other "rebel" forces which are created by CIA causing war, would you rather live in Syria or Egypt where Arab Spring was successful? Assad keeps peace and stability in his country while countries where Arab Spring was successful are just some chaotic states where new dictators are taking over. Life in Syria was pretty good, you just shouldn't oppose the goverment and you were fine xd.