Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 529569 times)

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #1665 on: September 26, 2017, 11:02:30 pm »
A war between the United States and the People's Republic of China isn't likely to escalate beyond some minor, localized skirmishes over North Korea; the United States loses out on those cheap, slave labor consumer goods and the Chinese lose massive amounts of cash for those goods. The PRC would probably pretty excitedly work out a deal where they get to change the North Korean regime to something of their liking that is less volatile.
It definitely seems to work that way but China also seems to be contempt with just sitting on the sideline. They seem to be extremely patient and only playing their hand when absolutely forced to. I'd imagine they don't want to risk conflict with the U.S. seeing as how they're still expanding their pacific holdings and exerting influence on their neighbors but as you all have pointed out, that N.K. buffer is something China will not let dissolve. 
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1666 on: September 26, 2017, 11:20:55 pm »
I think losing the North Korean buffer isn't something they are necessarily completely stalwart on anymore. With Russia no longer as likely an ally (keep in mind that these days, both Russia and the PRC have troop buildup on their shared border), defending the Korean peninsula no longer possesses the prior ability of a natural bottleneck. Additionally, the PRC may wish to give a little ground to the United States for some extra leniency dealing with the land disputes with India.
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1667 on: September 26, 2017, 11:24:56 pm »
I think losing the North Korean buffer isn't something they are necessarily completely stalwart on anymore. With Russia no longer as likely an ally (keep in mind that these days, both Russia and the PRC have troop buildup on their shared border), defending the Korean peninsula no longer possesses the prior ability of a natural bottleneck. Additionally, the PRC may wish to give a little ground to the United States for some extra leniency dealing with the land disputes with India.
congrats on your title

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #1668 on: September 26, 2017, 11:33:24 pm »
If i'm China, I'm trading North Korea for an ease of Trump's rhetoric on China economically.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: September 27, 2017, 12:24:58 am »
Beijing won't give up on NK, it's a foreign policy objective to maintain that buffer and has been since the Korean War. Also trading NK for economic easing would be a major win for Washington and a loss of face for the Chinese. Plus within the Chinese Communist Party itself there's great affection for NK, especially among the old guard.

Also Russia and PRC have never been closer-they recently conducted joint military exercises close to the Korean border!

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: September 27, 2017, 10:54:38 am »
Yeah, they won't give up on it - so they'll storm in and put in place a new, more China-dependent regime. That's much cheaper then going to war with the USA over a shitty bufferzone.

Frauke Petry wants to start her own faction in the Bundestag named 'Die blauen', which might mean more AfD-MP's will break away.

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: September 27, 2017, 01:16:24 pm »
That is not confirmed yet is it?
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: September 28, 2017, 09:04:35 am »
Yeah, they won't give up on it - so they'll storm in and put in place a new, more China-dependent regime. That's much cheaper then going to war with the USA over a shitty bufferzone.

Frauke Petry wants to start her own faction in the Bundestag named 'Die blauen', which might mean more AfD-MP's will break away.

Great work AfD what a joke of a party.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #1673 on: September 28, 2017, 05:57:14 pm »
A ‘joke’ that won a massive section in German Parliament in an extremely short time span in a country that can’t go 5 minutes without blaming itself for the world wars. Either way it’s too late; Germany is lost as well as most of mainland Europe.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: September 28, 2017, 06:20:19 pm »
So did UKIP who are now irrelevant. Right wing parties gain power in times of mass hysteria and lose it when it dies down.

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: September 28, 2017, 06:49:16 pm »
So did UKIP who are now irrelevant. Right wing parties gain power in times of mass hysteria and lose it when it dies down.

An irrelevant and incorrect statement given that:

1) The United Kingdom isn't riddled with (too much) war guilt unlike Germany
2) UKIP were never a real threat to the Tories or Labour even while Farage was leader
3) UKIP's sole mission was getting the UK out of the EU, hence they've fallen apart now that their "mission" is a success
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 07:22:18 pm by Gordo »

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: September 28, 2017, 06:53:47 pm »
Isn't irrelevant at all. Whatever their goal they took advantage of the perceived issue of the time. Weather that be the EU or war guilt it's all the same. When people are worried right wing parties step in, and then when the issue subsides or is dealt with in some way, they fade way. My point is that the afd probably won't ever become a permanent major player in German politics and they'll never get into government.

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: September 28, 2017, 07:30:16 pm »
You'd have been correct had you stated that extreme circumstances result in extreme parties gaining more voters - that's a given. Also, I think it's well established that AfD is a far-right party, hence the infighting within the party as a result of some of their MPs holding more moderate and thus conflicting view points.

My point is that the afd probably won't ever become a permanent major player in German politics and they'll never get into government.

I speculate it'll be quite the contrary: the situation will only get worse as more economic migrants come into Germany, resulting in even more social strife on top of that already caused by the poor integration of migrants from 2015 on wards.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: September 28, 2017, 07:49:12 pm »
I'm still correct either way. My statement isn't wrong. I didn't state that the afd weren't far right so I don't know what about my post that you're taking issue with.

There's no room for extremes in modern politics. The furthest you'll ever get is someone like Jeremy Corbyn who isn't nearly as far left as the afd are far right. I doubt they'll take hold.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #1679 on: September 28, 2017, 08:14:45 pm »
I'm still correct either way. My statement isn't wrong. I didn't state that the afd weren't far right so I don't know what about my post that you're taking issue with.

There's no room for extremes in modern politics. The furthest you'll ever get is someone like Jeremy Corbyn who isn't nearly as far left as the afd are far right. I doubt they'll take hold.
Like you can measure numerically how extreme someone is.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)