Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 529551 times)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Dutch, German & French Elections Thread, or The General Political Thread
« Reply #1500 on: September 12, 2017, 06:16:42 pm »
I just wanna know what marks got banned for tbh

Edit: Did I get shafted?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 06:31:43 pm by Toffee Lad »

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #1501 on: September 12, 2017, 06:52:25 pm »
For that money germany could invade poland a 2nd time.
I've started the first part of the invasion, I'm successfully undercover living in Ostpreußen.  I have not been detected yet, nobody will expect the coming invasion.
Deutschland über alles!

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1502 on: September 12, 2017, 07:25:12 pm »
You re Dutch mate, tone it down a notch
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: September 12, 2017, 07:44:38 pm »
Dutch courage

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1504 on: September 12, 2017, 08:47:35 pm »
Not the first time the Dutch have collab'd with the Nazis Germany t b h
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 09:14:59 pm by Gordo »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #1505 on: September 12, 2017, 08:54:18 pm »
How to pay down the national debt: by Poland

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: September 12, 2017, 10:10:55 pm »
You re Dutch mate, tone it down a notch
We are all Deutschers!  8)

Without jokes, the country I live in currently (Poland) is run by right wing catholic idiots that are really good at destroying the country, Germany should mostly just ignore this call for reparations.

It's stupid and mostly a ploy by the government here to make people in Poland hate Germans, because then they can point at them and the EU and say that people should blame them for the internal Polish problems with economy, taxes, and corruption.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: September 12, 2017, 11:08:36 pm »
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/851707/Germany-WW2-Poland-reparations-compensation-Angela-Merkel-Nazis

A P O L O G I S E.
What a meme, would make sense if Nazis were still in power

The amount they want is ridiculous but they have a point-they were an unwilling Soviet satellite state post-1945 and the USSR stopped them claiming reparations they were legitimately owed. Germany got off pretty lightly if you look at reparations paid vs damage caused in Poland.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: September 12, 2017, 11:13:29 pm »
I think the concept was trying not to have a repeat of the TOV but that's just my opinion

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: September 12, 2017, 11:47:48 pm »
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/851707/Germany-WW2-Poland-reparations-compensation-Angela-Merkel-Nazis

A P O L O G I S E.

The amount they want is ridiculous but they have a point-they were an unwilling Soviet satellite state post-1945 and the USSR stopped them claiming reparations they were legitimately owed. Germany got off pretty lightly if you look at reparations paid vs damage caused in Poland.
So poland should give back the regions of Pommern, Silesien, West and east prussia to Germany? or pay for the land they gained during the soviet occupation?

This whole reparations shit is stupid and out of sense.. even in the latest 2004 treaty Poland agreed with the membership of the EU to not pursue any further reparations.

Things are how they are now in europe. and history cannot be changed. the people that suffered from the war are mostly dead themselves now, can we finally move on? The current German government and the current German people are not at all responsible for what happened so many years ago.

But once again, its only a Polish political ploy to make people hate Germans and keep the polish population from talking about internal problems, which Poland have many.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: September 13, 2017, 12:13:02 am »

A P O L O G I S E.

So poland should give back the regions of Pommern, Silesien, West and east prussia to Germany? or pay for the land they gained during the soviet occupation?

This whole reparations shit is stupid and out of sense.. even in the latest 2004 treaty Poland agreed with the membership of the EU to not pursue any further reparations.

Things are how they are now in europe. and history cannot be changed. the people that suffered from the war are mostly dead themselves now, can we finally move on? The current German government and the current German people are not at all responsible for what happened so many years ago.

But once again, its only a Polish political ploy to make people hate Germans and keep the polish population from talking about internal problems, which Poland have many.

Poland didn't gain any land overall post-1945, in fact it lost it. Sure Germany had to give up 101,000 km2 to Poland, but in return Poland had to give up 178,000 km2 to the USSR. That's a net loss of 77,000 km2.

Sure Poland was forced to accept the 1953 decision in return for EU membership, but that doesn't escape the fact that they were totally screwed over during the post-1945 negotiations. Soviet interests came first. It's both a ploy and a legitimate grievance, but Germany should pay *something*. If it can spend 20bn Euros on refugees in 2016 alone then it can cough up for the Poles.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: September 13, 2017, 12:19:39 am »
I guess we better compensate all the desendents of the people caught up in the slave trade then. Maybe say sorry to the French for the Hundred Years' War whilst we're at it.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #1513 on: September 13, 2017, 12:31:57 am »
I guess we better compensate all the desendents of the people caught up in the slave trade then. Maybe say sorry to the French for the Hundred Years' War whilst we're at it.
I don't remember when the descendants of the slave trade and the French were promised reparations and then taken over by a foreign power and turned them down against the interests of those people

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: September 13, 2017, 12:47:05 am »
I don't remember when the descendants of the slave trade and the French were promised reparations and then taken over by a foreign power and turned them down against the interests of those people
So because something happened which prevented them from receiving the funds then means that a country which has nothing to do with Nazism anymore has to cough up money? My point is that you can't come back over 70 years later to try and reverse something that has happened through no fault of the German government. The world has moved on and demanding money only creates divisions rather than doing any real justice.