Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 530304 times)

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
  • Side: Union
Re: Dutch, German & French Elections Thread, or The General Political Thread
« Reply #1470 on: September 04, 2017, 07:50:38 pm »
Lol. If anything a surgical strategical strike to knock out NKs leadership is more likely.  There will be no war or let alone a world war, unless North Korea strikes first (then they'd just be wiped out within a month)

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1471 on: September 04, 2017, 08:09:41 pm »
I find it very unlikely that China would risk a war with the U.S. The U.S has a far larger and more advanced military than China, and the U.S has a far more deadly and larger nuclear arsenal than China. The U.S also has far more compotent allies than China. You're telling me China is going to risk inhalation for this tiny rump state that it doesn't even really like?

Yes, because it's repeatedly given its word to do so. The upper echelons of the Chinese Communist Party is also full of people who regard the Beijing-Pyongyang alliance as sacrosanct.
http://news.sky.com/story/north-korea-leader-kim-jong-un-killed-relatives-over-china-coup-plot-11002869

It would be regarded as a massive blow to Chinese prestige if the US military overruns North Korea as well as a significant foreign policy defeat. China does not want a US ally on its border, regards DPRK as a client state and has pumped £billions to prop the country up over the years. It's far more likely that the Chinese will act first to preclude US military action by invading and occupying it.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: September 04, 2017, 09:16:01 pm »
As Steven said, China has promised to come to North Korea's aid if the US strikes first. You could say that the Chinese won't want to risk a war with the Americans but that goes both ways.

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1473 on: September 04, 2017, 10:12:07 pm »
They're saying it as a deterrent because they know the U.S public will worry shitless if they think they may go to war with China. China doesn't think NK is worth being destroyed by the U.S. No one is stupid enough to believe it. Yes the U.S doesn't want to risk a war with the Chinese, but its not hard to tell its a lot more likely for a U.S victory in said war.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: September 04, 2017, 10:14:41 pm »
It might not be a question of if the US will win but what the cost will be both financially and in terms of lives. You're saying China's words are empty and yet have no evidence to suggest that it's true. China has interests in stopping the fall of the regime.

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #1475 on: September 04, 2017, 10:28:21 pm »
It might not be a question of if the US will win but what the cost will be both financially and in terms of lives. You're saying China's words are empty and yet have no evidence to suggest that it's true. China has interests in stopping the fall of the regime.
I'm China's word are empty because if a 17 year old in Canada can determine the U.S would win, so would the Chinese government. And the Chinese government doesn't really want to lose a large scale war. It would basically mean the end of a communist China. They issue the warnings hoping the U.S would back down from any potential threat and so leave NK alone, which is better for China. But NK falling isn't the end of the world for China, it just makes it a little shittier so its in their interest to keep it communist.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: September 04, 2017, 10:32:16 pm »
People have fought wars for a lot less. Of course China can't risk a war with the Americans but It goes both ways. The US might objectively win the war but the cost would be so high that you would have to ask yourself if it was worth it.

Neither China or the US could facilitate the war. China is he USAs largest goods trader.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #1477 on: September 05, 2017, 12:37:05 pm »
A war with Nk would  prodce losses on the U.S. side to which the populace is not accustomed. Support of the war would dissipate as soon as the coffins roll back home.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: September 05, 2017, 01:34:52 pm »
A war with Nk would  prodce losses on the U.S. side to which the populace is not accustomed. Support of the war would dissipate as soon as the coffins roll back home.
Completely agree. Both the British and the American public were horrified at the casualties in Afghanistan and Korea will be ten times worse.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #1479 on: September 05, 2017, 01:40:13 pm »
If North Korea does engage first, it will be South Korea bearing the brunt of casualties. Not us Americans or any other country, so they should be the ones ready and willing to fight. 

Anyways I'll say it again, ain't gonna be any war, it's just typical saber rattling and trump isn't stupid.  He has better things on his mind such as lowering taxes.

Offline Von Bergen

• Best Kindergarten Teacher EU West
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
    • 23rd Ts
  • Nick: Jay Mc Lovin
« Reply #1480 on: September 05, 2017, 02:31:15 pm »
it's just typical saber rattling and trump isn't stupid.  He has better things on his mind such as lowering taxes.

Spoiler
raging trump supporters calling me a libtard, left idiot or what ever insult comes to theire mind, not knowing anything about my political views. Oh and there are just behind them the guys that say i have not read enough facts about the topic   ;) If you want to know why i think Trump is an idiot, just watch this Video, its an example http://blog.zeit.de/teilchen/2017/08/23/praesidentschaft-donald-trump-luegen/ (I know the page is in german, the video is not)
[close]

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: September 05, 2017, 03:14:55 pm »
I think you're forgetting about all those generals and top military strategists Trump has at his behest, lol. What few moves the US is going to make in regards to NK will be calculated.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: September 05, 2017, 03:15:38 pm »
I think you're forgetting about all those generals and top military strategists Trump has at his command, lol. What few moves the US is going to make in regards to NK will be calculated.
Are these the same group of generals which coordinated Afghanistan and Iraq?

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: September 05, 2017, 03:35:30 pm »
You don't need to be a military general to be able to recognize that an invasion on the scale of the Iraq War wouldn't sit very well with China. No western troops are going to land in North Korea anytime soon.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #1484 on: September 05, 2017, 04:35:41 pm »
I think you're forgetting about all those generals and top military strategists Trump has at his command, lol. What few moves the US is going to make in regards to NK will be calculated.
Are these the same group of generals which coordinated Afghanistan and Iraq?
Let's not forget both invasions were excellently planned and executed. It was the occupation which wasn't

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)