Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 529866 times)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Dutch, German & French Elections Thread, or The General Political Thread
« Reply #1410 on: August 29, 2017, 04:57:15 pm »
That's a bad comparison - the IRA was a different type of animal completely. Most of the IRA's soldiers were uniformed and we could fight them directly. More so, we knew what their end game and goal was.

Non of which can be said for ISIS. We cannot negotiate for a caliphate.

The IRA did countless bombings and even managed to kill several MP's. The Provisional IRA killed at least 500 civilians, and maybe as much as 630. Besides, most of ISIS soldiers (like 99,9%) are also uniformed and fought directly in Iraq, Syria, Libanon and Libya. You're really in denial at this point.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1411 on: August 29, 2017, 05:06:58 pm »
Gordo it doesn't matter if they're uniformed or not if they put a bomb into a bin and blow up two kids

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1412 on: August 29, 2017, 05:13:58 pm »
The IRA did countless bombings and even managed to kill several MP's. The Provisional IRA killed at least 500 civilians, and maybe as much as 630. Besides, most of ISIS soldiers (like 99,9%) are also uniformed and fought directly in Iraq, Syria, Libanon and Libya. You're really in denial at this point.

I don't recall disputing the fact that the IRA were terrorists, I stated that the bombers were working at the behest of the uniformed force and thus had the same objective which the UK as we know gave into. In contrast to ISIS bombers who have a seemingly never ending mission with no rational objective.

As for ISIS soldiers: their days of being uniformed are pretty much at an end - their forces are scattered in the ME (losing the BoM is a telling sign), recruiting has dropped to an unsustainable level and their trained fighters are fleeing west to Europe.

"You're really in denial at this point." Had to double check your username after reading that part. Hilarious.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 05:15:41 pm by Gordo »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #1413 on: August 29, 2017, 05:27:36 pm »
Don't forget that proposed bulletproof wall around the Eiffel Tower and the large armed police presence at any gathering/event such as the Christmas markets.

In the literal sense, yes.
In the psychological sense, no.

Could be argued "yes" for both imo. Kids having to see soldiers and SWAT on the streets isn't something I had to put up with at their age. Yeah, the psychological effect may not be great, but it's still there.
Bollards are temporary and a uniformed police presence isn't, as others have pointed out, anything really new. The IRA is a decent example as saying terror has existed for longer than radical Islam. However, the psychological sense is changed because the IRA had a clear set of goals, which could be negotiated with. There's a difference between:
1. Withdrawal of the British army from Ireland
2. Political independence/autonomy
and
1. The destruction of the Western world
2. Installation of the worldwide Caliphate

So in a literal sense, terror won't change society, but psychologically it already has. Sadiq Khan's comments about "getting used to it" is proof of that.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #1414 on: August 30, 2017, 12:02:03 am »
Not even a worldwide capliphate. Only like.... half of Europe, the south except Spain and going no further north than Bavaria I think, and going not further west than India, not further north than the Himalayas, and almost all of Africa.

So really they're quite modest in their demands
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #1415 on: August 30, 2017, 12:40:16 am »
Not even a worldwide capliphate. Only like.... half of Europe, the south except Spain and going no further north than Bavaria I think, and going not further west than India, not further north than the Himalayas, and almost all of Africa.

So really they're quite modest in their demands
my bad

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: August 30, 2017, 12:47:22 am »
Does that include Ibiza or nah?

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #1417 on: August 30, 2017, 01:46:14 pm »
Too much alcohol, to zealot islamists only accessible in a hazmat suit
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline fruitocino

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18e SgtMaj
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: August 30, 2017, 08:05:16 pm »
So what are your predictions for the German election? I'm guessing that not much will change, so probably another CDU/SPD coalition. I would like to see the SPD as the major partner though (which seems unlikely, for me at least)

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: August 30, 2017, 10:08:02 pm »
If the polls are right it'll be another coalition between CDU/SPD. Only major change will be AfD representation in the Bundestag, possibly as third largest party. Looks like Merkel has appeased German anger enough over her refugee policy in order to stay on as Chancellor.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: August 30, 2017, 10:34:30 pm »
Let's be honest though polls don't mean shite

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #1421 on: August 31, 2017, 12:03:41 am »
Depends. Most polls were fairly accurate during the Dutch and French elections. Doesn't mean it's a guarantee they'll be right but I wouldn't instantly discard them either.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: August 31, 2017, 12:07:15 am »
Depends. Most polls were fairly accurate during the Dutch and French elections. Doesn't mean it's a guarantee they'll be right but I wouldn't instantly discard them either.
It was a joke about all the polls that have been wrong recently but okay

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: August 31, 2017, 12:48:16 am »
It's safe to say Merkel's secured her chancellorship yet again. Probably for the best, given Schulz's lunacy.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #1424 on: August 31, 2017, 11:35:51 am »
I don't know if I should be happy about it, or sad.