Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 530687 times)

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Dutch, German & French Elections Thread, or The General Political Thread
« Reply #1080 on: July 28, 2017, 02:20:28 pm »
Is FSE ✔ the trans ban or ❌?

Offline Von Bergen

• Best Kindergarten Teacher EU West
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
    • 23rd Ts
  • Nick: Jay Mc Lovin
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1081 on: July 28, 2017, 03:15:56 pm »

As someone who experienced people of different Sexual identity in the German army and served side by side with them without any problems, ❌ from me.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1082 on: July 28, 2017, 03:45:16 pm »
Some Murican, what was the previous vote that McCain supported?
I thought the video like a week ago of him walking in voting in favour of some bill or other was the whole repeal Obamacare thing, but now I hear he's voted against that bill. Were they two different bills?

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: July 28, 2017, 04:10:20 pm »
Who knows what goes on in the US

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #1084 on: July 28, 2017, 04:23:13 pm »
I thought the video like a week ago of him walking in voting in favour of some bill or other was the whole repeal Obamacare thing, but now I hear he's voted against that bill. Were they two different bills?
Not sure but the latest vote was a skinny vote, to repeal only certain provisions in obamacare.  That vote failed, with 3 republicans voting against. It's a mess right now

As someone who experienced people of different Sexual identity in the German army and served side by side with them without any problems, ❌ from me.
American military is different.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: July 28, 2017, 04:46:08 pm »
Trans people are mentally ill and clearly unfit to serve in the military. Suicide attempt rates in the trans community is around 40% verses 3% in the population as a whole. I'm sure medical professionals on this thread will back me up given the World Health Organisation lists transsexualism as a gender identity disorder in its current edition of International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems (ICD-10): http://apps.who.int/classifications/icd10/browse/2016/en#/F60-F69

These people need medical help rather than being encouraged to stay ill. That is all.

Offline Von Bergen

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
    • 23rd Ts
« Reply #1086 on: July 28, 2017, 05:08:54 pm »
Not sure but the latest vote was a skinny vote, to repeal only certain provisions in obamacare.  That vote failed, with 3 republicans voting against. It's a mess right now

American military is different.
I have served with American, british, dutch, belgian, french,lithuanian, polish and even viatnamese soldiers (if you Wonder why: i was in a unit that trained Future Officers Up from the Rank of an Lieutenant) and let me Tell you: The people in the Military are all the Same Kind, No matter where they are from. And i can also Tell you that Most soldiers dont give a shit about how someone Looks Like, where he is from, what is is Sexual identy or anything Else that you can divide people with. As Long as the person does a good Job, No One cares.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: July 28, 2017, 05:09:29 pm »
Maybe their suicide rates are so high because people keep calling them mentally ill

Offline Karth

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: July 28, 2017, 05:18:34 pm »
VomBergen I'm a reservist in the Air Force here I know, but in my ROTC class let's just say it was definitely different then what you may think.. in the sense if someone was gay or trans they would definitely struggle more or have a sense of 'don't ask don't tell'.  Again not in all instances, when it comes down to combat it doesn't matter what you look like or who you are

Maybe their suicide rates are so high because people keep calling them mentally ill
Makes sense, they get bullied more leading to higher depression rates leading to higher suicides

Offline Von Bergen

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
    • 23rd Ts
« Reply #1089 on: July 28, 2017, 05:21:52 pm »
VomBergen I'm a reservist in the Air Force here I know, but in my ROTC class let's just say it was definitely different then what you may think.. in the sense if someone was gay or trans they would definitely struggle more or have a sense of 'don't ask don't tell'.  Again not in all instances, when it comes down to combat it doesn't matter what you look like or who you are

Makes sense, they get bullied more leading to higher depression rates leading to higher suicides
Of course i never experienced high instances of US Military, so i will believe you on that.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: July 28, 2017, 05:29:15 pm »
And btw Steven, I googled ICD-10 and it was started in the 80s and finished in 1992. It's probably not that good a source to use since modern attitudes have changed many people's opinions on transgender individuals. I'm sure, if WHO had a website in the 40s, being gay would have been listed as a mental illness. Doesn't mean that it is imo.

Edit: I may be wrong with the dates btw. That's just what a quick google search threw up
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 05:31:55 pm by Toffee Lad »

Offline Karth

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: July 28, 2017, 05:30:19 pm »
Well with all this gene editing technology maybe it's just a mutation in the genome causing someone to be transgender. Who knows

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: July 28, 2017, 05:47:01 pm »
And btw Steven, I googled ICD-10 and it was started in the 80s and finished in 1992. It's probably not that good a source to use since modern attitudes have changed many people's opinions on transgender individuals. I'm sure, if WHO had a website in the 40s, being gay would have been listed as a mental illness. Doesn't mean that it is imo.

Edit: I may be wrong with the dates btw. That's just what a quick google search threw up

Last update was 2016.

[/quote]

Not to 40% though-these people have mental problems let's just accept that and move on. They're probably not much use in combat and would introduce a significant weakness into their unit.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 05:50:37 pm by StevenChilton »

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: July 28, 2017, 06:01:18 pm »
I mean they should be able to live however they want to live. As I said, being gay was previously viewed as a mental disorder, that doesn't mean that he is.

Also the combat effectiveness thing isn't true. Von Bergen stated that he's trained with transgender people and has seen no difference between them and other people who identify with their birth gender.

Offline Karth

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: July 28, 2017, 07:09:05 pm »
A decorated navy seal who has been in more tours than you could count is transgender... so I wouldn't say that