1 (50%)
Diamondbacks
0 (0%)
Phillies
0 (0%)
Rangers
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Baseball Thread  (Read 68975 times)

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Baseball Thread
« Reply #540 on: February 28, 2021, 09:28:16 pm »
Sorry boys, it's gonna be another Dodgers year  8) 8) 8)
Throw as much money at your players as you want still not gonna win this year on jah

You right. Yankees got it this season
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #541 on: February 28, 2021, 09:55:36 pm »
Throw as much money at your players as you want still not gonna win this year on jah

Throw some money down on the Padres they got the best team in baseball , Fernando Tatis is a beast

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 28, 2021, 09:59:37 pm »

Throw some money down on the Padres they got the best team in baseball , Fernando Tatis is a beast

His commercials get too much run time here. He's gonna get that Baker Mayfield and Aaron Rodgers curse

Offline Mexican

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • perpetually injected with Imipolex G since 2013
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Meximemer
« Reply #543 on: February 28, 2021, 10:08:04 pm »

Cheering for small market teams is overrated mr. perks of being a wallflower
666x 1v1 Champion | 69x 5v5 Winner | 420x Regimental Champion | 1x Autistic Memer Award

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #544 on: February 28, 2021, 11:18:23 pm »

Cheering for small market teams is overrated mr. perks of being a wallflower
cheering for the dodgers??? out of all the california baseball teams you pick the dogers smh couldn't even be an Angels fan
Spoiler
[close]

His commercials get too much run time here. He's gonna get that Baker Mayfield and Aaron Rodgers curse
I would say he's already been far more successful than Baker has been lol

ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #545 on: February 28, 2021, 11:19:55 pm »
Braves vs Padres NLCS & Yankees vs White Soxs ALCS calling it now!

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 28, 2021, 11:24:33 pm »

If this happens Yankees winning the World Series

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #547 on: February 28, 2021, 11:34:31 pm »
you'd love to see it

Offline Mexican

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 01, 2021, 12:53:42 am »
@Windflower

I would like to remind you that the Angels are an Anaheim team, which is in Orange county, despite the organization's attempt to fool the rest of the country that it is an LA team. Also I'm not gonna cheer for a team that is wasting the career of one of the best players to ever touch the game.

When I was growing up, the Dodgers were always beaten by the Giants and Chad Billingsley was their best pitcher.

I'll save my hatred of large market sports teams for the Lakers.

But I am glad the Padres are finally seeing their day. :^)))))
666x 1v1 Champion | 69x 5v5 Winner | 420x Regimental Champion | 1x Autistic Memer Award

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #549 on: March 01, 2021, 06:34:36 pm »
@Windflower

I would like to remind you that the Angels are an Anaheim team, which is in Orange county, despite the organization's attempt to fool the rest of the country that it is an LA team. Also I'm not gonna cheer for a team that is wasting the career of one of the best players to ever touch the game.

When I was growing up, the Dodgers were always beaten by the Giants and Chad Billingsley was their best pitcher.

I'll save my hatred of large market sports teams for the Lakers.

But I am glad the Padres are finally seeing their day. :^)))))
Welllll SOMEONES never seen Angels in the Outfield ..  ::)
actually forgot that they were originally the Anaheim Angels lul, also the Lakers are like the only large market sport team that I like so that's funny

« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 06:36:34 pm by Windflower »

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
« Reply #550 on: March 02, 2021, 01:08:09 am »
actually forgot that they were originally the Anaheim Angels lul, also the Lakers are like the only large market sport team that I like so that's funny

They were actually originally the Los Angeles Angels, and they even played in Dodger Stadium for four years. Then they renamed to the California Angels and moved to Anaheim. (And then the Anaheim Angels, and then the all time great name, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim).

Now the real Los Angeles Angels were the Pacific Coast League team from the PCL's first year as an independent league until the Dodgers forced them out, but that's a different story.
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #551 on: March 02, 2021, 01:17:37 am »

They were actually originally the Los Angeles Angels, and they even played in Dodger Stadium for four years. Then they renamed to the California Angels and moved to Anaheim. (And then the Anaheim Angels, and then the all time great name, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim).

Now the real Los Angeles Angels were the Pacific Coast League team from the PCL's first year as an independent league until the Dodgers forced them out, but that's a different story.
That makes sense because they were the California Angels in Disney's 1994 Cult-Classic: Angels in the Outfield..
Sounds like you're quite the historian, or you just keep a lot of empty space in your brain for facts like that. :P

Offline Mexican

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 02, 2021, 06:23:18 am »

That makes sense because they were the California Angels in Disney's 1994 Cult-Classic: Angels in the Outfield..
Sounds like you're quite the historian, or you just keep a lot of empty space in your brain for facts like that. :P

‘The film has a rating of 33% on Rotten Tomatoes based on 27 reviews, with an average rating of 4.22/10. The site's consensus reads, "A queasy mishmash of poignant drama and slapstick fantasy, Angels in the Outfield strikes out as worthy family entertainment."’

Im sorry that you grew up watching corporate american propaganda. Wasn’t even an original screenplay it was a remake of a 1951 cash grab lmfaoo

Apparently Disney was partial owner of the Angels and had a vested interest in promoting the org.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #553 on: March 02, 2021, 06:55:29 am »

‘The film has a rating of 33% on Rotten Tomatoes based on 27 reviews, with an average rating of 4.22/10. The site's consensus reads, "A queasy mishmash of poignant drama and slapstick fantasy, Angels in the Outfield strikes out as worthy family entertainment."’

Im sorry that you grew up watching corporate american propaganda. Wasn’t even an original screenplay it was a remake of a 1951 cash grab lmfaoo

Apparently Disney was partial owner of the Angels and had a vested interest in promoting the org.
Well first of all movie critics don't know what the fuck they talking bout them mfs said the new Star Wars trilogy was good among other atrocities and it doesn't have to be approved by critics to be enjoyable.
And I probably grew up in the best era of baseball movies to come out ever during the 90s and 00s,

But that's cool and all u just gon' hate cuz you're a Dodgers fan and it's an Angels movie but it's a good debut for Joeseph Gordon-Levitt and a memorable film overall.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #554 on: March 24, 2021, 09:47:02 pm »
My Preseason ranking for the Top 10 teams in the MLB

1.) Dodgers
2.) Padres
3.) White Sox
4.) Yankees
5.) Braves
6.) Mets
7.) Twins
8.) Astros
9.) Nationals
10.) Blue Jays

Can't wait for baseball to start next week. I will finally be able to go to some Braves games this year!  :D