Author Topic: United States Legalization of Same-Sex Marriage  (Read 45522 times)

Offline Batraan

• First Lieutenant
  • Official FSE Judge, Jury and Exicutioner. Thx Gluk
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 00th_Vtrn_The_Fir_Darrig
  • Side: Union
Re: United States Legalization of Same-Sex Marriage
« Reply #135 on: June 27, 2015, 10:52:31 am »
So long as they don't force same sex love on someone who isn't there's nothing wrong with it as far as I can see. Sure it's biologically unnatural, but I think at this point humans in general have lost the ability to use that excuse without being a bit hypocritical.

Don't really get why people are so against something that has no effect on their lives other than seeing it (unless you are gay or have gay friends).

Offline Akko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #136 on: June 27, 2015, 10:57:07 am »
WOW so many hateful bigots in this thread! Let me show you guys what real progress looks like!

fucking jesus christ

Offline DoctorWarband

• Colonel
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DoctorWarbandHD
« Reply #137 on: June 27, 2015, 01:07:14 pm »
Don't really get why people are so against something that has no effect on their lives other than seeing it (unless you are gay or have gay friends).
Because it disgusts them to see something that is "not normal", but it really is normal, more than people think. Gays and Lesbians are about 10% of the world's population. Why is this weird?
It's the conservatism that blocks people's minds. It conserves their minds to think in a certain way.
The Dankest of Memes, start in the simplest of words. Wombo combo.

Offline MaxLam

• Colonel
  • Founder of Minisiege, EU_Commander & Mininaval
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Wars Public
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #138 on: June 27, 2015, 02:04:10 pm »
You can tolerate everything, even nude people in the streets. Most people wouldn't tolerate nudists in the streets, but nudists actually tolerate that. That's only a matter of culture and civilization. Same with gay.

Offline Nick Lazanis

• Donator
  • Sex,droga i Bodiroga.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 27, 2015, 02:09:23 pm »
They can do whatever they want in the US. As long as their decisions don't affect me I don't mind whatever they do.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #140 on: June 27, 2015, 05:16:09 pm »
Spoiler
[close]
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Nick Lazanis

• Donator
  • Sex,droga i Bodiroga.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2015, 05:20:16 pm »
he....hehe......he......

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
« Reply #142 on: June 27, 2015, 07:09:51 pm »
Swedenball: Allah ackbörk

Offline Grantrithor

• Second Lieutenant
  • <><><><>
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 27, 2015, 08:17:57 pm »
WOW so many hateful bigots in this thread! Let me show you guys what real progress looks like!

Look's like he's enjoying himself tbh.

Offline dukeofwellington

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube: ImperialisticGaming
  • Nick: Imperialist
« Reply #144 on: June 27, 2015, 09:07:05 pm »
Hope they realise this decision cannot be reversed easily.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 09:10:59 pm by dukeofwellington »

Offline MaxLam

• Colonel
  • Founder of Minisiege, EU_Commander & Mininaval
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Wars Public
« Reply #145 on: June 27, 2015, 09:08:53 pm »
It can be reversed, but it would be hard to reverse it.

Offline ImperialG

• First Lieutenant
  • crispy
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 27, 2015, 09:39:03 pm »
-nvm-

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #147 on: June 27, 2015, 09:47:14 pm »
There's a theory out there that says the prohibition of certain things creates a natural urge for that thing in society. We can see this a lot in many situations in U.S. history, like the alcohol prohibition, resulting in many speak-easies that turned out to drastically "normalize" the usage of bars for average Americans after alcohol was legalized, or the marijuana prohibition that continues to exist, where an absurd amount of people have begun using marijuana recreationally only really after it was initially banned, and so on. This could be said about many, many things, not just with substances like I've mentioned, but with cultural things in general. You can see it a lot in clothing; swimwear rules have changed drastically in the past century, namely starting when men who went to the beach shirtless were fined, resulting in tons of men going shirtless to the beach, which is why we now think it's weird if a man has a shirt on at the beach--because no one does that anymore. This could also be applied to bikinis and such. What a culture like America's (very broad one) seems to result in is an introduction of well-defined rules to replace vague, unspoken rules, only to result in people being upset with such decisions, and fighting through action against it.

I have a feeling the acceptance of flamboyance in American culture sprouted rather recently in reaction to the rules against same-sex marriage, likely starting post-1970's protesting, with a lot of drag (which I believe is a unique form of protest through near comedic means) and gender-role swapping in the 80's and 90's, which ultimately means an entire generation is raised during this period, causing some (liberal) people to see that flamboyance as good and, when pared with homosexuality rights, great. However, the extremity is eventually...
Spoiler
[close]
...which is pretty disturbing to people not quite in tune to that. Now with homosexual marriage legal and assured in America (though I'm sure various pastors etc. will have no interest in following that law), I predict that a lot of this higher level "pro-love" attitude will simmer down over the next few decades/generations, as there isn't really a political point to defy anymore.

Does this mean drag is done? Nah. Does this mean near-naked men will stop twerking in public and party atmospheres? Nope (is it disturbing that a kid would do it? Yes, but there's nothing you can really do to change that). But it does mean that future generations will potentially begin seeing a man dressed up as "a woman," acting like "a woman," or both, the same way they would a woman doing those same things. That said, a straight girl doesn't look at a slutty girl, half-naked, twerking her ass off and always think it's disgusting. There are girls that will think it's disgusting, absolutely, but this just hints that since there is nothing to rebel against anymore, homosexuality may return to its roots of definition, and the metrosexual, flamboyant, Tomboy/Village People stereotype of homosexuality will drift away as something different.

Basically:
Spoiler
[close]
...does not equal...
Spoiler
[close]
...and I predict time will separate these two things in society's eye.

Offline Batraan

• First Lieutenant
  • Official FSE Judge, Jury and Exicutioner. Thx Gluk
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 00th_Vtrn_The_Fir_Darrig
« Reply #148 on: June 27, 2015, 09:53:16 pm »
In general i just find twerking to be distasteful no matter who does it.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #149 on: June 27, 2015, 09:58:33 pm »
In general i just find twerking to be distasteful no matter who does it.

This nigga just...