Author Topic: United States Legalization of Same-Sex Marriage  (Read 45474 times)

Offline Akko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: United States Legalization of Same-Sex Marriage
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2015, 02:48:46 am »
As long as they don't force anyone to accept them or force a synagogue,church, mosque etc to marry them, then I really don't give a shit. But I must say that forcing this upon all 50 states is idiotic. The federal government shouldn't be able to do that. It should be up to the states.

Offline ImperialG

• First Lieutenant
  • crispy
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2015, 02:53:09 am »
See, here's my issue.

I don't care if you're gay, that's your thing and I don't mind. Just don't try it with me. However, I don't like people that throw it everywhere. Like with the gay pride parades; yeah, you're gay. You don't need to hold a fucking parade over it. If there was a straight pride parade I know for a fact there would be people going 'omg muh homophobe'. Like for example, there's this kid in my school that is gay and wears Belly Shirts where you can see almost everything. It's really disgusting. He hits on a load of guys and if you say anything about gays he goes totally asshole mode.

TL;DR I don't hate gays, I hate the people that spout it everywhere with no issue like the pride parades.

Spoiler
I also don't like it was a federal decision, it should have been up to the states  :P.
[close]

Offline Akko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2015, 02:54:15 am »
See, here's my issue.

I don't care if you're gay, that's your thing and I don't mind. Just don't try it with me. However, I don't like people that throw it everywhere. Like with the gay pride parades; yeah, you're gay. You don't need to hold a fucking parade over it. If there was a straight pride parade I know for a fact there would be people going 'omg muh homophobe'. Like for example, there's this kid in my school that is gay and wears Belly Shirts where you can see almost everything. It's really disgusting. He hits on a load of guys and if you say anything about gays he goes totally asshole mode.

TL;DR I don't hate gays, I hate the people that spout it everywhere with no issue like the pride parades.

Spoiler
I also don't like it was a federal decision, it should have been up to the states  :P.
[close]

Those people are called faggots.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2015, 03:10:39 am »
So many nazis around here...

Offline Akko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2015, 03:11:04 am »

I don't think you know the meaning of the word Nazi.

Its wrong. Screw gay marriage

Fuck you kid, you don't get the fucking right to judge your fellow man. Nor does some book written by fucking barbarians. Go marry your right hand bitch.

I don't appreciate you telling me what I can and can't do.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 03:14:05 am by Akko »

Offline MaxLam

• Colonel
  • Founder of Minisiege, EU_Commander & Mininaval
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Wars Public
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2015, 03:11:20 am »
This was in response to MaxLam, but I didn't realise that there would be so many replies in between. Ah well.

Who's defining what's civilised and what isn't?
You just completely made up your own definition of sexual civilisation with absolutely no justification whatsoever (and all the other definitions of what's permitted/acceptable).
I'm not talking about "sexual civilization", but about civilization itself. If there is a civilization process, then sexuality is regulated. A cultured man wouldn't say that I'm making up my "own definition" because that's precisely what Norbert Elias said in The Civilizing Process.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2015, 03:19:47 am »

Fuck you kid, you don't get the fucking right to judge your fellow man. Nor does some book written by fucking barbarians. Go marry your right hand bitch.

Fuck off akko the racist pig.

Its simple, if you oppose gay marriage you are a dumb ass scumbag. There is nothing else to debate. It is clear cut simple. :)

Offline Akko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2015, 03:22:13 am »

Its simple, if you oppose gay marriage you are a dumb ass scumbag. There is nothing else to debate. It is clear cut simple. :)

Pig isn't kosher, m8.

Offline ImperialG

• First Lieutenant
  • crispy
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2015, 03:26:52 am »

You're getting a little worked up over there friend...

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2015, 03:34:14 am »
See, here's my issue.

Spoiler
[close]

That's what makes it delicate and controversial. But it comes a lot down to two things: does this benefit more people than it hinders, and does it give a certain group the potential that others don't. In the first part, yes, it benefits more than it hinders because, supporters aside, there are more homosexuals who want the right to marry than there are people who oppose homosexual marriage. In the second part, it does quite the opposite of enabling one party over another; homosexuals now have the right heterosexuals have in marriage.

The thing is, I imagine the "heeey guuurl" stereotype of homosexuals that's often linked to "metrosexuality" (as well as drag, over-flamboyancy, etc.) is a societal development resulting from the prior bias against homosexuality. You have to realize there are more homosexuals that "look like" heterosexuals than there are those who flaunt their sexuality around. When seeing a person like that, your reaction should be more so "Sheesh, I hate people who are overly obnoxious about who they are" and less so "I hate gays like that," because in reality, there's the "heeey guuurl" stereotype for every sexuality. Think of the the stereotypical straight (white) dude; backwards hat, shorts, preppy-yet-douchebaggy, and so forth. Always in peoples faces, obnoxious, yadayadayada. Now imagine the stereotypical butch lesbian; non-conformist and usually short hair style, probably athletic, rebellious. Always in peoples faces, obnoxious, yadayadayada. And lastly, imagine the stereotypical straight girl; omg 1D is like so different without zayne, i could DIE for a mocafrapalattechino from Starbucks right now, yadayada- you get the picture. There's negative stereotypes everywhere and people will always fit those stereotypes. To base all straight men on a stereotype is absurd. To base all straight women on a stereotype is absurd. And to base all gay men and gay women based on stereotypes is equally absurd.

Regarding gay pride parades, I'm sure we'll see far fewer gay pride parades as time passes and homosexuality begins fitting the norm in American society.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2015, 03:34:56 am »

You're getting a little worked up over there friend...

I keep the oven pre-heated.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2015, 03:35:57 am »

Stop instigating. I know it's hard to resist posting even though you shouldn't. But seriously, like, dude. Lol.

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2015, 03:37:12 am »
If you don't agree with me ... you are a dumb ass nazi. It's as easy as that. I won.
des is apsichtdliche Browokazion etzala ferstest du

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 27, 2015, 03:42:23 am »

Stop instigating. I know it's hard to resist posting even though you shouldn't. But seriously, like, dude. Lol.

I know but its to easy sometimes lol... Don't forget to r8 8 out of 8 m8. :)

Offline Alexander

• Colonel
  • https://twitter.com/6motm
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2015, 03:44:08 am »
Religion sucks.

Enough.
Former leader of NA's - 5th, 75th 
Former Lt of the 54th
Former CSjt of 71st