Poll

What should the community do/ask in regard of the forum?

Nothing, it's fine as is
Ask for Moderator elections
Start a new forum
Every forum change needs to be approved by the community
Mass-migration back to Taleworlds
Other

Author Topic: Forum Change  (Read 15767 times)

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
Forum Change
« on: October 19, 2014, 06:41:53 am »
I swear to God if this gets locked...

If I left an option out that you want, tell me and I'll throw it in.

We're a community, I want to know how the community feels in regards to the forum itself. If the devs/mods give a slight damn about that, then they'll let this run it's course.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Crescent Glow

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Forum Change
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 06:48:32 am »
The moderators aren't directly responsible for the forum changes, that is handled by the Developers mainly.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 06:49:49 am »
Mods should be elected by the community.

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jorvasker
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 06:49:56 am »
I wish go back to Taleworlds was an option, because fuck FSE. This forum is shit. They give Moderator to unknown people of the community/people that don't even play the game. I think you would at least give forum moderator to people that are known by people. Like who the fuck knows who Duuring is, or MrTiki. Only moderators known by most of the community are Apollo and of course Malakith. Blob, as sexy as he is, doesn't even play the damn game, and to my knowledge, has never even been in a regiment. FSE does so many things without getting the communities opinion, and it is just plain unprofessional. The goal here is to make your customers happy, not make them all hate you. That is the road FSE is continuing to go down.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 06:53:47 am by LordJorvasker »

Regiment History:
Filthy Casual Publorde from May 2011 - Mid July 2012 / Early Services from July - November 2012, including 33rd, 63e, 1stCI / 1stFKI - November 2012 - April 2013 / Break from April 2013 - July 2013, with a short return to 63e from June until July / 1stEPI - July 2013 - January 2016 (Retired from game)

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 06:51:15 am »
Out of touch mods (Minus Apollo), management that doesn't care about us, general depressing feel due to lack of anything to be optimistic about aside from my own regiment. However,  I do keep coming back to these forums for some reason.  And no its not for BCoF updates it's the community I enjoy although we are all a bit petty at times. It's just banter though, nothing personal. The reason I'm a dick on here is because it goes nicely with my whole "Super strict regiment leader persona"

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 06:52:33 am »
I like Duuring becoming admin. He's one of the few people I feel has an ear to the ground with these things.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 06:53:53 am »
Oh man, the thing is back last year and even before that when I actually cared about trying to change things in the community, I brought up all of these points, and I was mercilessly driven into the ground along with my "trouble stirring" opinions by many of the same people preaching the same things these days. Oh well, now I'm just on for the ride.

Remember the FSE loyalists movement? Haha, now half of you are in this camp now. Ridiculous.

Offline Commissar Jdf

• General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC_Maj_CommissarJdf
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 06:54:36 am »
I doubt someone will start a new forum. People are so content with bitching, raging, and feeding their ego that a new forum would get rid of that.  :-\

Spoiler
I also don't think the average 15 year old here knows how without enjin
[close]

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 06:54:57 am »
I like Duuring becoming admin. He's one of the few people I feel has an ear to the ground with these things.
I am not saying he is bad, I am just saying no one even knows who the hell he is. So, why give him moderator to your community forums?

Regiment History:
Filthy Casual Publorde from May 2011 - Mid July 2012 / Early Services from July - November 2012, including 33rd, 63e, 1stCI / 1stFKI - November 2012 - April 2013 / Break from April 2013 - July 2013, with a short return to 63e from June until July / 1stEPI - July 2013 - January 2016 (Retired from game)

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 06:55:45 am »
I wish go back to Taleworlds was an option, because fuck FSE. This forum is shit. They give Moderator to unknown people of the community/people that don't even play the game. I would think at least to give forum moderator to people that are known by people. Like who the fuck knows who Duuring is, or MrTiki. FSE does so many things without getting the communities opinion, and it is just plain unprofessional. The goal here is to make your customers happy, not make them all hate you. That is the road FSE is continuing to go down.

Duuring is one of the most active members on the forums.  :P

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 06:56:16 am »
I am not saying he is bad, I am just saying no one even knows who the hell he is. So, why give him moderator to your community forums?

I'll give you that. But to be honest most admins aren't all that known in the community. Look at McEwan or Blobmania, they're famous for BEING moderators, nothing else.

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 06:56:28 am »
Mods should be elected by the community.
+Revolution
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2014, 06:57:24 am »
I think there should be Moderator applications, so that people actually know who is in the running instead of just randomly getting a new moderator.

Regiment History:

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2014, 06:57:51 am »
We are all aware that none of this is going to happen outside of things we have to physically do ourselves, right?

Offline Commissar Jdf

• General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC_Maj_CommissarJdf
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 06:58:31 am »
I doubt someone will start a new forum. People are so content with bitching, raging, and feeding their ego that a new forum would get rid of that.  :-\

Spoiler
I also don't think the average 15 year old here knows how without enjin
[close]