Author Topic: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)  (Read 281056 times)

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)
« Reply #1995 on: June 30, 2016, 01:46:16 am »
Its literally impossible with Dany's fleet (100 from the Iron Fleet + however many commandeered from the slavers - altogether 150-200 ships absolute max) to transport the numbers we are talking about.

Lets be generous and say 200 ships. With 100k men each ship would have to carry 500 men - the ships portrayed on the show look like they could barely carry one or two hundred (look at the scene again - 20 unsullied in formation took up like half the deck of one ship).

And Daenerys better have a few hundred good horse suppliers/trainers lined up in Westeros cause fuck knows how they are bringing enough horses for almost 100,000 (estimated) Dothraki. That would be 500 horses per ship...

Unless the Dothraki have given up their entire "a man who does not rude is no man at all" culture and decided to fight as a horde of armorless YOLO charging footsoldiers?

So Dany's Magic Schoolboats would have to carry 500 men and 4-500 horses each + supplies and food (including hay/grass probably amounting to approximately 1/8th of the entire goddamn Dothraki sea)... Right...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 01:52:11 am by junedragon »
Why am I still here

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #1996 on: June 30, 2016, 01:50:13 am »
Its literally impossible with Dany's fleet (100 from the Iron Fleet + however many commandeered from the slavers - altogether 150-200 ships absolute max) to transport the numbers we are talking about.

Lets be generous and say 200 ships. With 100k men each ship would have to carry 500 men - the ships portrayed on the show look like they could barely carry one or two hundred (look at the scene again - 20 unsullied in formation took up like half the deck of one ship).

And Daenerys better have a few hundred good horse suppliers/trainers lined up in Westeros cause fuck knows how they are bringing enough horses for almost 100,000 (estimated) Dothraki. That would be 500 horses per ship...

Unless the Dothraki have given up their entire "a man who does not rude is no man at all" culture and decided to fight as a horde of armorless YOLO charging footsoldiers?

So Dany's Magic Schoolboats would have to carry 500 men and 4-500 horses each. Right...
dont they have the tyrell/dorne ships too?
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1997 on: June 30, 2016, 01:50:34 am »
There was Dorne ships if you look again. Which I guess was sailed over to help transport troops.

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: June 30, 2016, 01:55:01 am »
There was Dorne ships if you look again. Which I guess was sailed over to help transport troops.

Be extremely generous and bump it to 600 ships altogether even. That would still require almost 200 men and horses per ship. If they were going with this route, the ships just have been portrayed a lot bigger.
Why am I still here

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: June 30, 2016, 02:13:41 am »
And Tyrell ships, which could be seen as well in the scene.

Be extremely generous and bump it to 600 ships altogether even. That would still require almost 200 men and horses per ship. If they were going with this route, the ships just have been portrayed a lot bigger.
Considering the way the show did it compared to the books. One could easily say that the fleet would consist of a 1000 ships and that's without being generous. I mean, the Ironborn fleet, the Tyrell fleet, the Dornish fleet and the fleet of the free cities that she captured combined.

Especially considering it is apparently easy to build a 1000 ships when we look at Euron and how he puts it. Sure like he suggest it would be the biggest fleet (if my memory serves me right), but we're talking about several major houses, plus the navies of a bay that pretty much relies on ships as well. The Reach for example has various houses that have their own considerable navies. And I wouldn't be surprised if the same goes for Dorne.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: June 30, 2016, 03:42:13 pm »
The Reach is a major naval power in the books.

Spoiler
Tbh, I don't think there are more then 100-200 ships in that last shot. Let's just assume that they're doing away with logic at this point.
[close]

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
« Reply #2001 on: June 30, 2016, 04:04:11 pm »
Spoiler
Well it's not like it all has to be done in 1 trip. Dany just needs to land enough men and supplies to not get instantly fucked by the armies of Westeros, which is unlikely anyways seeing as the reach and dorne now support her. I think she will land at dorne and work her way north. Taking King's Landing won't be enough and as we've seen, King's Landing can mount a pretty strong defense against sea invasion and i'd imagine they would pull the same trick that they did at the blackwater with the green fire shit. All in all, I think you guys are over thinking this a bit too much. She has enough ships to invade westeros, whether that be one trip or multiple is irrelevant. She'll have enough supplies in westeros because SHE HAS THE FUCKING REACH! As for supplies on the boat, she has the supplies of every kalassar which usually find ways to supply themselves not to mention the supplies from Slavery's Bay(Bay of Dragons) and theoretically she could trade with Volantis or other cities that she happens to pass on her way to westeros.
[close]

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: June 30, 2016, 04:08:37 pm »
The Reach is a major naval power in the books.

Spoiler
Tbh, I don't think there are more then 100-200 ships in that last shot. Let's just assume that they're doing away with logic at this point.
[close]

These guys have counted: http://www.thewrap.com/game-of-thrones-finale-how-many-ships-were-in-daenerys-fleet/

There are 350 ships in that shot. And let's not forget that the fleet does not end at the horizon.
Dat kid who put up a global banlist back in Betty's times.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: June 30, 2016, 04:23:50 pm »
Spoiler
Well it's not like it all has to be done in 1 trip. Dany just needs to land enough men and supplies to not get instantly fucked by the armies of Westeros, which is unlikely anyways seeing as the reach and dorne now support her. I think she will land at dorne and work her way north. Taking King's Landing won't be enough and as we've seen, King's Landing can mount a pretty strong defense against sea invasion and i'd imagine they would pull the same trick that they did at the blackwater with the green fire shit. All in all, I think you guys are over thinking this a bit too much. She has enough ships to invade westeros, whether that be one trip or multiple is irrelevant. She'll have enough supplies in westeros because SHE HAS THE FUCKING REACH! As for supplies on the boat, she has the supplies of every kalassar which usually find ways to supply themselves not to mention the supplies from Slavery's Bay(Bay of Dragons) and theoretically she could trade with Volantis or other cities that she happens to pass on her way to westeros.
[close]

Spoiler
She won't have to besiege anything. She has dragons.
[close]

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: June 30, 2016, 04:28:52 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
She will have to besiege stuff because burning the realm which you want to rule down actually has no point in it.
[close]
Dat kid who put up a global banlist back in Betty's times.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #2005 on: June 30, 2016, 04:42:05 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
She will have to besiege stuff because burning the realm which you want to rule down actually has no point in it.
[close]
+1

Offline Nick Lazanis

• Donator
  • Sex,droga i Bodiroga.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2006 on: June 30, 2016, 04:46:32 pm »
Just finishing season 1. Trying to catch up before season 7 comes out. :s

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #2007 on: June 30, 2016, 05:03:02 pm »
Spoiler
Aegon the Conquerer burned down the greatest castle Westeros had every seen and the greatest army Westeros had every seen at that time, and his dynasty ruled for nearly 300 years. Danny can get away with a couple torchings.
[close]

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: June 30, 2016, 05:35:50 pm »
Spoiler
Aegon the Conquerer burned down the greatest castle Westeros had every seen and the greatest army Westeros had every seen at that time, and his dynasty ruled for nearly 300 years. Danny can get away with a couple torchings.
[close]
Yeah but the thing is, the house that owned the castle he burned (Harrenhall) was notorious for being tyrants. Enslaving the Riverlands to build himself the biggest castle. Except the Ironborn themselves perhaps, no one else cared about the death of House Hoare. I could only imagine other great houses being happy about it. And I don't believe he burned any other castles/cities beside Harrenhall.

But.
show-related
I agree, if Daenarys would decide to burn the one after the other city and castle. She wouldn't particularly do well. Neither do I think that something like that will ever happen. Considering Tyron is wise enough to advice her against such actions. However, it's possible that they will burn Kingslanding and perhaps some lannister holds. Depending on how crazy Cersei goes.
[close]

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #2009 on: June 30, 2016, 05:49:21 pm »
Spoiler
The much more imporant question is... What did Dorne the Reach and Daenerys/Varys agree on? I doubt Daenerys wants to loose like 50% of Westeros for a few ships... She already gave away the Iron Islands. Now she is going to give away the Reach and Dorne? Sounds retarded...
[close]