Author Topic: BoP: Napoleonic Wars (Out-of-character Thread) [Live]  (Read 71041 times)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
Re: BoP: Napoleonic Wars (Out-of-character Thread) [Reservations Open]
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2016, 05:50:03 am »
The notepad literally says "SuperbadIV"...

but...

seems...

legit...
you literally just cahnged your name
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Volk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2016, 06:19:13 am »
So I have a question for you all and it's really important. The last time we did a BoP, BoP 1914, I told you all to research your own countries to see what you could find about armies, navies etc & use that to guide you all regarding how you did war. I did that then because the armies were so large, the countries so innumerable, and the information so vague or non-existent for certain countries or groups that it was hard for me to tell you confidently "you can raise this many men".

However, we are in the weird situation where all of us (except for a few *Cough Cough* Baby J) have studied, learned, read about and explored the Napoleonic Wars. I myself have an entire mini library of Napoleonic Wars books (my favorite rn being "The Napoleonic Wars: 1803-1815" by David Gates) not including the many many books & resources I can find in libraries and in Google Books as well as online. Theoretically, I could do research all of your nations and give you all a decent amount of detail in how big your armies were (peak and depending on the nation, by year & who composed it), the number of cavalry and guns you had at a certain point in history, etc etc. That's actually what I've started doing in the main BoP thread. However I must admit it is a lot of work having to comb through books and books and pages of stuff trying to find "The King of Bavaria left with all 22 thousand of his troops" & "By the time of the start of the war of the Third Coalition, Napoleon's Grande Armee comprised 194 thousand peronnel, with 396 guns, and of which 29 thousand were horsemen."

What do you guys think we should do? Should I continue to look for information and put it on the page for everyone to see to help you all figure out how big your armies are or should I let you all research your armies? Or should we work together and compile a mini database so that we all have a general idea of men to nation?

Work on the game is going well. I'm enjoying reading through my books again. I still need help with the map (HRE, Hesse-Kassel why are the borders so bad). The only system I would want is a system for battles. Everything else I'd like to have more Caz-Duuring style GM discretion instead of purely relying on abstract equations and number crunching for every little tiny thing. Then again, idk. I don't know what you guys want until you tell me. So please do. Thanks in advance.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2016, 06:32:57 am »
ill have you know that i read all teh wikipedia articles. so get rekt volkerino
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)

Offline Salcos

• First Lieutenant
  • Deus Vult, Romans 12:11, Κύριε Ελέησον
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Salcos
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2016, 07:41:43 am »
Can I be the papals? I'll be a good boy.
I hate it when people pass me a cup by holding on to the rim of it...

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2016, 08:19:54 am »
I can help you with the troop numbers of German states if you want me to, the sources are in German though but I can give it to you in order to make sure noone gets mad ;) E. g. Bavaria had more troops then most of you have expected so far ayy lmao...
Dat kid who put up a global banlist back in Betty's times.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

Offline Reznov

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2016, 09:23:06 am »
I'll play as Barbary States. Won't do a whole lot....just raid and ransom people :^)

Offline Vald

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2016, 10:16:48 am »
*snip
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 01:12:15 pm by Vald »

Offline Nick Lazanis

• Donator
  • Sex,droga i Bodiroga.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2016, 11:06:47 am »
Having helped Caz manage the game. I think the battle system was excellent,that's just my opinion though. I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks.

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
Re: BoP: Napoleonic Wars (Out-of-character Thread)
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2016, 02:20:19 pm »
Map Draft 2
[close]

Just thought I would help out with the map. The western territories that you have given to Prussia aren't the Westphalian areas that belonged to Prussia. Also, on the map, French Hannover's most Western province wasn't part French Hannover, and should be the province below instead. I am not sure, but I also don't remember Gibraltar being that "large" and Swedish Pomerania stretching that far inwards. The lands which I'm assuming belong to Oldenburg (?) also weren't that big. You should probably also cut the far most Northern and Eastern province of Saxony in two, and give the top part to Prussia. Bavaria also did not stretch that far west, but meh.

Anyway, I'm here to be the Pope. Gib Papal States.

Offline Frederik

• Donator
  • Never forget 03.09.2015 #freeturin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2016, 03:07:07 pm »
I would like to be saxony, if thats ok. They were not an puppetstate of napoleon in 1803 yet.
I could also help you with numbers for some german armies if you want.
ich will dich für android
He's a well-known nationalist with no respect for actual history or historians.
For a second I thought you were talking about me. :3

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2016, 03:44:29 pm »
Are fortresses going to be a thing?

Offline Volk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2016, 04:51:34 pm »
Are fortresses going to be a thing?
Elaborate?

Salcos to Papal States, Reznov to Barbary States (sigh), Vald to... snip, Frederik to Saxony. Sorry Rhen, Salcos reserved right before you. If you really want it go talk to him. If not then we still have Etruria & Portugal as well as some of the German states.

So should I stop gathering information or should I continue to gather information but just with your help as well? Regarding the army sizes. Also, navy. I can't seem to be able to find any reliable sources for navy stuff. Nowhere so far do any of my books say "Spain had X ships of the line, Y Frigates". So help with that would be great.

Edit: And Sardinia.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 04:53:13 pm by Volk »

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2016, 05:12:07 pm »
I will settle with Württemberg, if they're available.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2016, 05:28:03 pm »
I can help you with the troop numbers of German states if you want me to, the sources are in German though but I can give it to you in order to make sure noone gets mad ;) E. g. Bavaria had more troops then most of you have expected so far ayy lmao...
but not more than the legendary Sweden

I actually did a lot of reading about the Swedish army. Boy is this going to be interesting xD
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 06:02:51 pm by BabyJesus »

Offline DoctorWarband

• Colonel
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DoctorWarbandHD
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2016, 06:34:21 pm »
Prussia really wasn't in a good state militarily.
The Dankest of Memes, start in the simplest of words. Wombo combo.