Author Topic: What would you have been?  (Read 52804 times)

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
  • Side: Neutral
Re: What would you have been?
« Reply #135 on: April 09, 2013, 04:05:28 am »
My family recently purchased a horse at a place very close (convenient) and we went riding today. I almost forgot how good it feels to be in the saddle. Although we were only supposed to go no more than a trot I brought the horse into a canter as the arena - which previously had a few other horses in it - was now empty. I'm very confident in the saddle and given my height and weight I would easily qualify physically for any light cavalry role. Not to mention cavalry is in my family. I would probably have signed up for a hussar regiment just because I fancy the idea of a hussar charge. But I'd probably be better off in the role of a light dragoon or chasseur a cheval.

Lets see, with my lineage, part of my family comes from a village called Pry, Belgium in Wallonia so if I enlisted in time for Waterloo I most likely would have joined up with the 8th Hussars and either died counter-charging the French lancers at Waterloo or survived like a badass hero.

Another part of my family is from Antwerp in Flanders so if I would have enlisted from there I probably would have joined up with the 5th Light Dragoons and seen some good action, I don't know much about the Merlen Brigade (Duuring fill me in plox?) so I'm not sure what my odds of surviving would have been, I'm pretty sure they were better than if I was with the 8th Hussars, not as heroic though :P of course if I wanted to be a hussar badly enough I could have travelled south to join the 8th hussars or north to join the 6th hussars.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 09, 2013, 08:18:13 am »
The 5th saved the 6th by covering their retreat at quatre-bras, and were then repelled by superiot numbers themselves. At Waterloo, their commander refused to take orders from Boreel (A Dutchman) after Van Merlen(brigade commander) died, and the brigade pretty much ceased to exist.

The 8th hussars kinda was a club of rich gentlemen, the 6th hussars was a regiment of peasants in a fancy uniform( though I shouldn't talk like that about my own regiment :p). They didn't do bad, they just had a lot of bad luck.
Not much for heroism, though. If you survived, you had a small change of a medal, but that's about it. Even men who got horribly wounded had to return to fullfil their service. That's the army for ya.

The 8th by the way, was in Van Gighny's brigade, together with the (Dutch) 4th Light Dragoons.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 03:29:15 pm by Duuring »

Offline Alistair

• Sergeant Major
  • Your Shako wielding gentleman
    • View Profile
    • 33nd Regiment of Foot
  • Nick: 33rd_Pte_Alistair
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2015, 10:57:53 am »
I like the think that given I am a country boy I would be in a light horse regiment of some kind.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2015, 12:05:59 pm »
I like the think that given I am a country boy I would be in a light horse regiment of some kind.

We have a new record: a near 2-year Necro!
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Fungus

• Major
  • The original shrigma male
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jr Pet Detective Fungus
« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2015, 03:10:14 pm »
Noice
Listen to me big fat red haired spastic, you don't have half of my intelectual capacity, you are a fucking brain less animal, i think your mother throwed you on a wall when you were a baby and this is why you have the same brain as a monkey,
You understand nothing, this is why you are working at 20, because your brain did not allowed you to go to school to grab a decent degree, being toxic on a video game is not the same as being retarded, you should try to do some maths exercices because remember you can't even count to 10 if you remember one of the recent tournament, so now go threat your gambling addiction before your mom kick you out of her house.
And you should also go in an asylum, you get triggered by a fucking game and go in depression, deleting everyone on Steam and setting your profile as private, you cunt.

Offline KurassierNixon

• First Lieutenant
  • Nemo me impune lacessit
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Panini
  • Side: Union
« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2015, 10:46:26 pm »
i'd be a terrorist

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 02, 2015, 11:30:39 pm »
What kind of person even browses through the pages in a section like that. Scrubs don't use the recent unread topics page?

Offline KurassierNixon

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 03, 2015, 12:40:30 am »
What kind of person even browses through the pages in a section like that. Scrubs don't use the recent unread topics page?

Fight me?

Offline Akko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 03, 2015, 02:23:08 am »
I'm extremely broad shouldered and I'm fairly short for my age, so I really have no idea what unit I'd think I'd fit in.

Offline KurassierNixon

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 03, 2015, 02:31:44 am »
I'm extremely broad shouldered and I'm fairly short for my age, so I really have no idea what unit I'd think I'd fit in.

The 1st Munich Fightin' Munchkins Division

Offline Butts

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 03, 2015, 03:22:48 am »
Tall and lanky, a voltiger probably.

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
« Reply #146 on: April 03, 2015, 08:36:49 am »
I've always wondered this myself.

I am 6'1 and not skinny but not fat. I'd say MAYBE a grenadier. I'd rather be a CO though. Now for what faction? I have Irish and German roots so it would be hard to tell.

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Old Mr. Kirk
« Reply #147 on: April 03, 2015, 08:40:40 am »
Given my height (5'3"), I'd probably be a light infantryman. Given my weight... well, if I was in the Napoleonic Wars I wouldn't be this weight, so yeah, a light infantryman / rifleman.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #148 on: April 03, 2015, 09:08:08 am »
I would have been a ronin!

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

AeroNinja

« Reply #149 on: April 03, 2015, 12:27:59 pm »
If I could speak many languages, I would have liked to served in a French Elite Fusilier regiment as a Lieutenant. With plumes!