Author Topic: Make limits to signatures  (Read 2562 times)

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
  • Co-founder of the 92nd Gordon Highlanders
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Pte_Hugh_MacKay
  • Side: Confederacy
Make limits to signatures
« on: November 23, 2012, 07:26:42 pm »
Headline pretty much says it all. In Taleworlds the limit was 200px high which seemed quite nice. Right now people just spam pictures in their signatures making them extremely big.
"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

Offline Deofuta

• Captain
  • 1stEPI_Fw_Deofuta
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Make limits to signatures
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 07:48:54 pm »
Unfortunately the default SMF does not have a pixel limit for signatures. It does have a line option so I will mess around with that and see what we can do. This is an issue Vince has tasked Refleax and I to fix, so it's a priority.

EDIT: Okay so the original limit was 10 lines.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Seems a bit large, I have halved it now to see if it causes a better outcome.

|
|
|
|
|

Looks much better.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 07:54:53 pm by Deofuta »

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 10:37:00 pm »
Thanks  :-*
"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 06:46:45 pm »
And there is really no way around it? If you take a look at this profile, the signature is 3 pictures on top of each others.
A single post by him takes up as much space as 3 people with a normal signature...

Offline Deofuta

• Captain
  • 1stEPI_Fw_Deofuta
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 12:38:33 am »
And there is really no way around it? If you take a look at this profile, the signature is 3 pictures on top of each others.
A single post by him takes up as much space as 3 people with a normal signature...

That happens if your screen is not large enough, on mine all three fit on the same line. I'll look into it.

Offline InfamousBeats

• Colonel
  • Groupfighting Admin | 10/10 IGN: Would bang...
    • View Profile
    • Enlist into the 63ème Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
  • Nick: 63e_Conseilleur_Infamous
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 12:19:56 am »
Hey what did I just find when I come to look around on the forums :O

If it bothers people I can make them smaller, but they have already been resized to fit on one line for most computer screens. For me they used to fit on one line at the beginning too because I have a rather large screen.
But for example, on my phone it takes up 3 lines too, but what do you expect.

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 10:33:43 am »
I simply expect that the forum should be able to be used on pretty much all computers.
On this laptop it takes up 3 lines, same on my tablet, on my other laptop 2 lines and only on my desktop it fits on 1 line.

If you want 3 pictures, try to put them together as a single image :) Then they will be forced in a line and people with relatively small screens will then just see them continue out on the right side.

Offline InfamousBeats

• Colonel
  • Groupfighting Admin | 10/10 IGN: Would bang...
    • View Profile
    • Enlist into the 63ème Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
  • Nick: 63e_Conseilleur_Infamous
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 03:10:51 pm »
hmm have to say i dont really agree with you. Considering that if it takes up 3 lines, your screen is most likely too small to view the posts and the forum very well anyways. And like I said, the size of the images has been suficiently reduced in the opinions of the admins and all my images are pretty much smaller than any other signature image on the forums. This made sure that now everyone can pretty much view my images on a single line, considering that is what all my regiment members told me too.

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 03:51:31 pm »
Text adapts, so no, every screen is big enough to read the forums. If the images is too big, it'll simply go past the view in the screen and I would just need to click the image to view all of it. Quite simple tbh.

So I'm asking you again. WOuld it be a big trouble for you to simply make them a single image? I can do it for you if you want? :)

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 03:54:58 pm »
Oh actually I just found setting to disable all signatures lol. Makes the forum a lot prettier  :P

Just closing here.