Author Topic: Donator Rank  (Read 5789 times)

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
  • Side: Union
Donator Rank
« on: November 26, 2012, 03:08:24 pm »
I believe to make it more "exclusive" you should create another donator rank like Super Donator, for those who donate $50-$200 and make it a different color like green or something and then Sponsor, for those who donate over $200 or something like that. 

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Donator Rank
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 03:46:03 pm »
I don't really see the use of it... There are already plenty of things you can get whenever you've donated an amount of money. And there is nothing wrong with the normal donator rank right?

Offline Karth

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 03:47:23 pm »
I don't really see the use of it... There are already plenty of things you can get whenever you've donated an amount of money. And there is nothing wrong with the normal donator rank right?

It just adds more onto the exclusivity, so people feel recognized with a super donator rank rather than a donator rank, 50 euro compared to someone who donated 5 euro. 

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 04:08:14 pm »
There shouldn't be a "forumish" differents between Donators. The guys that donated, got the extra that they have the donator rank. People should be happy enough to get such a rank to my opinion. But an "super donater rank" above that? I would just see that as a show off...

Offline MaHuD

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Reveran
  • Nick: MaHuD
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 05:21:26 pm »

It just adds more onto the exclusivity, so people feel recognized with a super donator rank rather than a donator rank, 50 euro compared to someone who donated 5 euro.
This.

Believe it or not GoKiller, but this is the way these 'donator rewards' work. People pay more if they get more exlusive stuff, they also feel more rewarded and good for donating.
Donating just in the hope to get a product some year or years later is something people generally don't do.
But with just a few extra things, it can be alot more attractive.

It's just like with food in a restaurant. If you buy something, they put it nicely on your plate. Regardless of taste, a plate with nicely placed food looks a lot better than a plate with just food smashed ontop of it.
[18:51] <Evanovic> Mahud can I nominate you for best villian 2013?

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 05:26:20 pm »
I'm sure they work as Donator awards. I have no doubt about that. Never said that they didn't work.

But yes... That's surely just me who thinks that it's one huge way to show off... But oh well the profit...  :-\

Offline MaHuD

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Reveran
  • Nick: MaHuD
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 06:01:44 pm »
People like to show off.
People like to play games.
People like to do X.
People like to do Y.

Why would one thing be worse than the other? Showing off doesn't kill someone you know.
[18:51] <Evanovic> Mahud can I nominate you for best villian 2013?

Offline Deofuta

• Captain
  • 1stEPI_Fw_Deofuta
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 07:49:12 pm »
Okay, so short story time.

Before we launched the site I was juggling the idea of having a badge for donations. However, because the badge system requires us to manually input the recipient every time, individually, we quickly dropped that idea in favor of the current membergroup system. However, we did shoot back and forth the idea of a more exclusive forum donator award, which would include a possible badge.

As of this point, I am against adding more membergroups. We already have several, and I would prefer to keep the more important ones as visible as possible. I do think that we can do something about a special donator badge. Perhaps one that is given out to the person who donates most, and it can be a sort of competition. Possibly we can create some tiers of badges as well.

Good Suggestion, I will bring it up with the rest of the team and see what we can come up with.

Offline Daniel

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Daniel
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 12:17:18 am »

Well I think it would be meaningful than your "Forum Hero" as these people are actually adding something to the production whereas (from what ive seen) you only have it because you are friends with them, Friends with benefits as it were.

Nice idea karth.

Offline Karth

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 01:52:06 am »
Thanks guys, and Deo I like your point for the competitive aspect of it (top donator), which would definitely add onto this as well  :D
Yea and im not sure how complicated it can be, but just Donator, Super Donator maybe Extreme Donator, and the $ range of donations can be up to the admins on the forums to decide, again its just for the general idea to add more exclusivity along with donating, and to make it visible for others to see, and yes, essentially to have them show off, as is their right =p

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 02:42:58 pm »

Well I think it would be meaningful than your "Forum Hero" as these people are actually adding something to the production whereas (from what ive seen) you only have it because you are friends with them, Friends with benefits as it were.

Nice idea karth.

Pardon me?
If you don't have anything related to the toptic then just don't post at all..

But anyway, I gues i'll have to go on with this. I'm sure it will do fine as an extra for donations! ;)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 07:41:12 pm by Gokiller »

Offline Daniel

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Daniel
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 06:35:18 pm »
Pardon me? I didn't ask for this rank. It got given to me. And I still haven't been told the meaning of it... So please Daniel...
If you don't have anything related to the toptic then just don't post at all..

But anyway, I gues i'll have to go on with this. I'm sure it will do fine as an extra for donations! ;)

I did not say you asked for it, you are misunderstanding me, I was pointing out that if they can make pointless groups/tags for people that are their friends then they should at least be willing to give people that are donating large amounts of money something, only seems fair.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 07:40:38 pm by Daniel »

Offline Biggun034

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Biggun
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 06:43:57 pm »
Nice idea karth and I understand your point Dan that it's easily done as proven with the so called "Forum Hero"
Biggun
- Napoleonic Wars Official Pioneer - Napoleonic Wars Beta Follower - The Veiled Stars Supporter - Benelux Language Board Viewer -  Regimental Leaders Steamgroup Visitor - Not a donator -

Finds it funny how people show with their signature how jealous they are!  Some people...  Proudly the first person to get muted on the fourms, A true freedom fighter!

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 09:16:24 pm »
How about an award for donating a certain amount of money, the awards that were like deos award for being deo.

Offline Treble

• Sergeant Major
  • top kek melee player
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Treble
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 10:28:48 pm »
How about an award for donating a certain amount of money, the awards that were like deos award for being deo.

An award for being online for so long and having no sleep  ;D