Author Topic: ⚜️ NBL | Napoleonic Battle League | Season 1 ⚜️  (Read 6307 times)

Offline retamar2

• First Sergeant
  • Banned!
  • NEVER SURRENDER
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Retamar
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: ⚜️ NBL | Napoleonic Battle League | Season 1 ⚜️
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2021, 03:31:33 pm »
This isn't a competitive tournament, right?

it supposed to be

Yeah but it's not in the competitive board and the rules are clearly geared towards a typical german casual event (generals for example). Also, the fact that its a weekly wednesday event rather than a league where teams have to arrange matches themselves gives it more of a casual character.

well then they should remove the term "competitive" and sign this up as a normal event  and maybe doing that many of the regs that joined this will not play or wouldnt sign up i think

Offline Žiggy

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2021, 04:08:02 pm »
My humble opinion is that the mistakes themselves would not be an issue if this was not meant to be competetive tournament. When you come to compete somewhere you expect to see finished rules and refs who are not biased.
Why did you even think that having refs from the teams that are playing is a good idea is beyond me. Correct me if I am wrong but there are 4 teams. That means when 2 teams play each other they can have refs from the other 2 teams and vice versa.
Or maybe even better is if you take someone who is not in your tournament to be a ref.

Offline dams14

• Sergeant Major
  • Caporal fourrier au 45e d'infanterie
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2021, 05:29:44 pm »
Good afternoon guys,
I am really sorry about what happened this wednesday.
For the other game it was a nice one just few OA and a 90 Vs 90 (  I put one screen on my profil).
About mistakes of the rules I have to admit Powerfighter and I did not made rules for general staff because during the "alpha-test" we did not faced any problem.
About the "harsh treatment" I think the 2Lr is reffing like they think it's good. However 2 others ref are here to ref. For our part (La Coalition française Vs The Crusader) I was reffing The Crusader side and the 2 ref was reffing The Coalition française side and it worked.
About the day we choose it was not to be a band of cunt. The goal was to fix a day in order for everyone to gather people on one day for this special fight.
If you have any request about the event ask to us by steam. I know FSE can be a place of drama and I would like to avoid that.
P.S. : sorry if my english is not perfect. By a french guy.

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2021, 11:23:02 pm »

NBL official admin statement 13.01.2021 Gardekorps vs Rockstars

The fact that 55th had to go into the spec, was not only a decision for balancing but they were not signed up for Wednesday. On Tuesday Rayleigh (55th colonel) and I met on TeamSpeak because he wanted to join the NBL. I had an agreement with him, that he has to ask the other officers, because usually we wanted to play with 3 lines and he would have been the 4th and that, if they agree, start NEXT WEEK. Rayleigh accepted that agreement and told me, that they even wouldn't be there this Wednesday (13.01) because they have another event. But without telling me Rayleigh appeared yesterday. Because the balance was really bad, I send him and his men home, because he wasn't signed up for this match.

Yeah pal this ain’t how it went down. No one knew you wanted this. Hell even our team had invited us to chats, joined our teamspeak and acted as if we where playing on Wednesday. clearly because you must have done something to lead us to believe that. I’m sorry to say but really it was the admins fault that the event went so awful, the 73e or ourselves shouldn’t need to give you second chances. For a supposed ‘comp’ torny as big as this, it needs to be A. Organised better and B. Explained to the participants better, there is too many half-assed rules and because of this the 55th won’t be attending again.

Special thanks to dams. He genuinely tried to make things better. Me and him spent a while in a teamspeak call working out what went wrong and what the admins can do to make things better and tried his best to understand and take onboard things I was saying. He did however say that since we was on the 2lr server he couldn’t tell power fighter to do anything different which I think is shit. If the IVe and the 2lr are co hosting they should have some influence on each other otherwise just host your own tornys separate of each other.

Think another thing to point out is if more than one reg has had an issue, it’s probs the admins fault. Stop blaming everyone else. Your the one clearly doing something wrong and from the looks of thing it was only your event having the issue. The other admins seemed to do fine.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 11:25:36 pm by BlitzkriegMBNW »

Offline NBL | Staff

• Private
  • Staff & Administration
    • View Profile
    • NBL | Board
  • Nick: NBL_Admin
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2021, 02:39:03 pm »

The "Napoleonic Battle League" is now transmitted into a board; link below.

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?board=251.0

This thread is now locked.

:-*