Author Topic: Dedicated Server Hosting Problem  (Read 2265 times)

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
  • Side: Confederacy
Dedicated Server Hosting Problem
« on: March 25, 2013, 06:58:47 pm »
Okay, so I have opened my ports and everything like the stickied guide says. I think maybe the problem is my Windows Firewall. When I did that step, since I could not choose both protocols, I just made two exceptions, 1 for each protocol. Was that the right thing to do? And the problem I am having is that basically nobody can find the server. Another possible problem is this "Steam_Port" Should I put that to the default port as well, or should I leave it as is?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 07:16:38 pm by Death by EMP »

Offline WoM_Jordan_White

• First Sergeant
  • Jordan W.K. White
    • View Profile
    • Tropical Gaming
Re: Dedicated Server Hosting Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 07:03:18 pm »
I run the Warriors of Medway servers, feel free to PM me if this issue doesn't fix.

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 07:24:58 pm »
As a side note, I cannot find the server on the list either....

Offline WoM_Jordan_White

• First Sergeant
  • Jordan W.K. White
    • View Profile
    • Tropical Gaming
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 07:57:42 pm »
What version of windows are you using? and just keep the steam port different.

My guess so far is that 1. Your computer cannot portforward or something is blocking it. 2. You may not be using a avaliable server port, try using 7550 or something of that sort.

Be sure to run the .batch file as an administrator and be sure you're using the right batch file.

NW should look like this: NW_blalbla_nlall.bat
Native should look like this blalala_blala.bat

Just to clear this up, you're using your PC, right? if so search via lan to find it yourself.

Offline WoM_Jordan_White

• First Sergeant
  • Jordan W.K. White
    • View Profile
    • Tropical Gaming
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 08:17:06 pm »
Also go in your server config text file and copy the ip and port like this 144.76.3.68:9600 then put it in your URL box and search for it, if that loads you should be able to see if your server works or not, I suggest getting someone else to check it for you though as it may give different results for the host.

when you search for it should look like this - http://144.76.3.68:9600/

on the page; <ServerStats>
<Name>Warriors_Of_Medway</Name>
<ModuleName>Napoleonic Wars</ModuleName>
<MultiplayerVersionNo>1130</MultiplayerVersionNo>
<ModuleVersionNo>1006</ModuleVersionNo>
<MapID>43</MapID>
<MapName>Fort Fleetwood (Morning)</MapName>
<MapTypeID>8</MapTypeID>
<MapTypeName>Siege</MapTypeName>
<NumberOfActivePlayers>0</NumberOfActivePlayers>
<MaxNumberOfPlayers>100</MaxNumberOfPlayers>
<HasPassword>No</HasPassword>
<IsDedicated>Yes</IsDedicated>
<HasSteamAntiCheat>No</HasSteamAntiCheat>
<ModuleSetting0>6</ModuleSetting0>
<ModuleSetting1>10</ModuleSetting1>
<ModuleSetting2>0</ModuleSetting2>
<ModuleSetting3>0</ModuleSetting3>
<ModuleSetting4>1</ModuleSetting4>
<ModuleSetting5>1</ModuleSetting5>
<ModuleSetting6>0</ModuleSetting6>
<ModuleSetting7>100</ModuleSetting7>
<ModuleSetting8>0</ModuleSetting8>
<ModuleSetting9>1</ModuleSetting9>
<ModuleSetting10>4</ModuleSetting10>
<ModuleSetting11>120</ModuleSetting11>
<ModuleSetting12>3600</ModuleSetting12>
<ModuleSetting13>6</ModuleSetting13>
<ModuleSetting14>3</ModuleSetting14>
<ModuleSetting15>5</ModuleSetting15>
</ServerStats>

Goodluck.

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 08:21:16 pm »
Windows 7, and I am using the NW version. Also running the batch files as admin.

Offline WoM_Jordan_White

• First Sergeant
  • Jordan W.K. White
    • View Profile
    • Tropical Gaming
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 08:23:36 pm »
It could just be windows 7 itself then, I suggesting going onto taleworlds.com forum and asking there.

I'm sorry I can no longer be of assistance but if you need anything else I'll do my best to help.

Offline Felix

• Brigadier General
  • Totally Not A Cat.
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Servers
  • Nick: [Arctic-Servers]_Felix
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 11:31:08 pm »
Hello,

If you've managed to port forward correctly try this website and see if the port is actually viewable by people on the outside; CanYouSeeMe (Port Checker)

In the event that the ports are open but you still can't see the server on the list add the dedicated server program to the firewall using the guide I've written below, as this is something which usually people forget.

Allowing the Program through the Firewall:

‣  Navigate to the control panel and select "System and Security", once your in there you should see the "Windows Firewall" option.
‣ You should see the option "Allow a program through Windows Firewall", select it. (If you cannot see the option press the windows firewall tab and on the left side it should list the option there.)
‣  Press "Change Settings" in the top right. (Administrator Permissions Required)
‣  Then select "Allow another Program" in the bottom right, it will bring up a browser menu in which you should navigate to the "mb_warband_dedicated.exe" located in your server folder. (It's in the main directory with the .bat and config files.)
‣  Once you've selected it press add and confirm all the changes, close the window and you should be done.

If it still fails to show up when you start the .bat file for the gamemode of your choice then please post back with the exact steps you took to setup the server and I'll review and correct you if anything is wrong or something was missed.

Kindest Regards,
Felix
(Arctic Servers)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 11:33:42 pm by Felix Buxton »

Mount & Blade Series - Game Server Provider
Contact me via a method below regarding renting a server.
E-Mail: felix@arcticservers.co.uk • Steam: Felix9112  • Skype: ArcticServers •

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 11:59:34 pm »
Okay, so I have a question, what would be the steps I would need to take to host a un-dedicated server? Like I said, this is just to mess around with some friends, nothing serious.

Offline Felix

• Brigadier General
  • Totally Not A Cat.
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Servers
  • Nick: [Arctic-Servers]_Felix
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 07:35:56 pm »
Okay, so I have a question, what would be the steps I would need to take to host a un-dedicated server? Like I said, this is just to mess around with some friends, nothing serious.

To my knowledge it would just be the "Host Game" option in the actual M&B game, as long as the settings are correct and the ports are open for connections then I guess it would work? But I've not heard of much success using this method. My advice would be to just stick with the dedicated application and files, if its still not working I could PM you a guide on how to set one up for yourself. Although it seems like you pretty much know all this, just a few errors and hiccups your having.

Kindest Regards,
Felix

Mount & Blade Series - Game Server Provider
Contact me via a method below regarding renting a server.
E-Mail: felix@arcticservers.co.uk • Steam: Felix9112  • Skype: ArcticServers •

Offline WDMeaun

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 07:50:05 pm »

To my knowledge it would just be the "Host Game" option in the actual M&B game, as long as the settings are correct and the ports are open for connections then I guess it would work? But I've not heard of much success using this method. My advice would be to just stick with the dedicated application and files, if its still not working I could PM you a guide on how to set one up for yourself. Although it seems like you pretty much know all this, just a few errors and hiccups your having.

Kindest Regards,
Felix

Sometimes I lack on internet security, but I do believe my firewall's on all the time now and that I've allowed M&B to it times ago.
Almost always I forget to set a password, when hosting a 'scene edit' game, and have people joining/fighting when I'm building the map :p

Funny tho to attack them and just build yourself in with walls.. I absolutely do not advice this however, it can crash like crazy.
(in case you wonder how, you can enable edit mode in the splash screen)

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 08:35:50 pm »
Okay, another thing I noticed, which leads me to believe I am doing at least something right, is that I had 1,000 ping on NA1 when I started up my dedicated server program, even though nobody was in the server. My ping would not jump like that if it was not connecting to the internet somehow, right? Also, for a little more info about my internet, in case it is useful in solving this, here is my results on speedtest.net:   
Spoiler
[close]

Also, as a side note, I will be typing of the process I went through to create the server and etc. etc. later, but I don't have time for that right now.

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
  • Side: Union
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 09:33:56 pm »
5 mbit upload is maybe enough for 30 player servers. don't expect anything over that to work.

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 07:48:38 am »
I know Vincey, I was only going to host for like 10-15 people anyways, we just want to muck around without having to deal with trolls, noobs and OP people :p
Also, do you think one of those fiber optic cables would improve my speeds? Just for reference because I was pondering uploading some linebattle videos to Youtube.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 07:51:40 am by Death by EMP »