Author Topic: Shambles: Community  (Read 4964 times)

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
  • Side: Union
Shambles: Community
« on: January 29, 2013, 01:53:50 am »
  This is absolutely ridiculous. This community has been one of the greatest I've ever been apart of, if not the best. It has its flaws, for sure, but a rebellion with heavy casualties like the resignations of greats such as Hekko, Crunch, and Hancock? Good lord, Hancock?! It takes a lot of determination to rattle out the head admin of this community for the reason being you don't like what's going on regarding the pettiest of problems. Then what, you expect it to all be better? Did you expect the Gods of Admining to decend from the heavens and give you a gold-bread cookie with diamond chips? Well look around, it's not better. In fact, right now, we're at the lowest point.
  People, please. This is a community revolving around a game. In this time, now more than ever, it is important to keep together and continue playing the game for what it is. I'll admit, right now, things are very much bad. It's actually a bit humorous to say that, this being a game and all. Regardless, please look back on the positives, fix what's going on now, and work to improve this community until BCoF is released, because I know that a lot of people are looking forward to that.
  A lot of the members of this community are adults, right? We're (mostly) all adults here, in one form or another. So come on... it's game.
Spoiler
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A[/youtube]
[close]
  Don't make this more than it has to be. I'm ashamed to even be apart of this and watch people pull their hair out over it, as I do the same. Watching the head-admin leave his position--with more admins removed from their position because the community had to judged their right for the position--is absolutely disgusting. For the ones arguing, it's just a game. For the ones you're mad at, it's work. Stop making their work a living hell.

As for my personal affairs, and I separate this from the rest as I'm sure hardly any of you give a hot and fresh one, I will continue doing what should have been done from the start: moving forward. We shouldn't take a problem, pile more trash onto it, until there's so much bloody garbage surrounding people that they have the leave the community as a whole. This game and its community, like I said, saved me from severe anxiety and depression, and reduced my schizophrenia, which was to me, literally a life saver. That said, I would really like to ride this one out as long as possible, and I hope everyone can understand that.

Now then, with my issue addressed, please consider coming back together as a community, to repair and grow.

Offline Vorlen

• Second Lieutenant
  • [Nr.24]
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Shambles: Community
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 02:03:53 am »
No troll. I just want to say, i don't think the community pushed Hancock out. Hekko and Hancock get on very well. I think it was his own decision.

Anyway, don't want to derail. But that seemed like there was some miscomunication.

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 02:15:47 am »
No offense Audiate, I 100% agree with you, but this has been said so many times, I don't think repeating it will help any. I guess trying is better than not though.

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 02:18:29 am »
Well if we're all going through with the truth now, I might as well point out my thoughts.

I started back in the later days of MM, and played public servers until I encountered regiments. I hooked up with the 57e D'infantrie, and and a great time for a bit.. until I realized I was never very liked by my regimental peers and left. This left me on a long track of computer addication, which added with my ADD inevitably led to low grades and a rather sad time for me. I came back though, when the FSE forums first came up, and worked hard to become a liked, and respected part of a good community. I'm finally starting to veer off computer addication and return to the real world, and I'd take well enjoyed breaks with nice people on the forums and in-game. I'm terribly depressed at the outcome of the "revolution", which I admit I did take a side in, but I however I intended to stop as soon as a comprimise had been made. The war continued, and tore through our community, one which resulted in the resignation of Hekko, Crunch and Hankcock, all known and respected admins. I won't be posting as much anymore, at least not until this whole community representatives thing is over. In the meantime me and a few other lads are setting up an MM revival community to allow people to escape the constant battle within FSE.

~Odysseus, signing off
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 02:20:14 am by Odysseus »

Offline Flash

• Second Lieutenant
  • Bang On!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Flash
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 02:31:23 am »
I think people are just starting to make repeat threads because they want to sound like they're important. Getting boring now...

Offline James Stewart

• Donator
  • Doesn't like Welsh Riflemen
    • View Profile
    • 91st Website
  • Nick: 91st_Col_James_Stewart
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 02:33:02 am »
I think people are just starting to make repeat threads because they want to sound like they're important. Getting boring now...
And trying to look good in-front of the admins so they will bestow them with the almighty adminship.

Offline Rejenorst

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 02:35:07 am »
It was bound to or was going to happen either way. Issues had to be dealt with that were bound to ruffle feathers. Everyone had their say, people agreed and disagreed and some people decided to move on in their own way. The split wasn't pleasant but it was expected or anticipated if you will. Changes which were already planned which will be implemented and then its back to work.

While I understand there is a lot of sadness and regret, there is also a job to do and the Dev team is intent on focusing on that.
The large amount of drama while an inevitable outcome is unfortunately a distraction and disruption for everyone and thus its better dealt with now rather than later. 
Spoiler

[close]

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 02:37:26 am »
No offense Audiate, I 100% agree with you, but this has been said so many times, I don't think repeating it will help any. I guess trying is better than not though.

I restated some things to state my personal opinion, I don't see how that's wrong in any way.

Offline Flash

• Second Lieutenant
  • Bang On!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Flash
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 02:38:46 am »

I restated some things to state my personal opinion, I don't see how that's wrong in any way.

It's not wrong, it just speaks for your character that you needed to make a new thread to get everyone to read what you had to say rather than post in one that was already discussing these matters. I think it's this sort of thread that is horribly prolonging the drama.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 02:41:21 am »
 Alright Flash, obviously I support freedom of speech. Doing this helped me get stuff off my chest, like I said, while reflecting my personal opinion.

Offline James Stewart

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • 91st Website
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 02:43:43 am »
Alright Flash, obviously I support freedom of speech. Doing this helped me get stuff off my chest, like I said, while reflecting my personal opinion.
Why did you have to make a thread about it thought? Why not just post it in a thread already discussing the issues at hamd, unless you were looking for +1 for personal satisfaction.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 02:45:07 am »
 Yes, James, you've found me out. I want the biggest e-peen of them all.

Offline James Stewart

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • 91st Website
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 02:46:01 am »
Yes, James, you've found me out. I want the biggest e-peen of them all.
Well you are a forum spammer and suck up to the admins on any given occasion.

Anyway, you bore me, I'm off to bed. :-*

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 02:47:34 am »
Well you are a forum spammer and suck up to the admins on any given occasion.

I cannot lie, I am a coward and too scared to admit either of these 100% true facts.

Offline Rejenorst

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 02:53:13 am »
Come and suckle at my zipple both of you...  :'(
Spoiler

[close]