Author Topic: Serious discussion on reforms in the community  (Read 5913 times)

Offline Althalus

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Althalus
  • Side: Neutral
Serious discussion on reforms in the community
« on: January 27, 2013, 07:57:02 pm »
Title says it all, I don't have a huge amount of input. Please show your support in this thread as this is for serious discussion only.

Offline Ralph

• First Lieutenant
  • Herbalist
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ballion
Re: Serious discussion on reforms in the community
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 07:58:24 pm »
Better administrating as a whole.
Watched because i dunno

Offline LaBelle

• Corporal
  • Ho-doggy.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: LaBelle
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 07:58:34 pm »
The other thread will work just nicely, thank you.

Offline Althalus

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 07:59:10 pm »
Better administrating as a whole.
Try to elaborate.
I see where you're coming from, but the best reform comes from specific problems being pointed out.

Offline Ralph

• First Lieutenant
  • Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 08:00:45 pm »
Considering the administrating system is absolute shit, I believe I don't need to.
Watched because i dunno

Offline Althalus

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 08:01:20 pm »
The other thread will work just nicely, thank you.
It was requested, I'm just providing the location.

Offline Althalus

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 08:02:52 pm »
Considering the administrating system is absolute shit, I believe I don't need to.
Let's have serious discussion please. Precise solutions, no insults.

Offline Ralph

• First Lieutenant
  • Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 08:04:30 pm »
Choose admins not based on how much you like them.
Watched because i dunno

Offline Akira

• Private
  • Swords master and Bayonet blunter.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Akira
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 08:05:33 pm »
Let's have serious discussion please. Precise solutions, no insults.
I'd wouldn't want to say all the things that have already been proven by Hekko himself as thats what i would mainly said aswell.

But since you said serious discussion i think thats pretty serious maybe if it is only a sentence long he has as point the admining is shit.

Offline Affjoris

• First Lieutenant
  • Watch out! He has a stick!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Affjoris
  • Side: Union
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 08:06:38 pm »
This is a pretty serious issue and I agree on almost all points, but I am a little concerned already that some people have, as Vikestad said, joined the 'bandwagon' and people are already posting all these stupid videos, pictures, gifs etc without actually discussing their thoughts. This really needs to be talked out and I'd like more people to post their opinions, instead of this devolving into the meme fest which was the Champions of Europe.

So speak up people!

Ok, lets do that then. I found my good friend Craig banned from the forums. Supposingly because of Harassment. When i asked what his ban was about, i got told that is was because of trolling, racism and discussing with the admins. While trolling might apply to his behavior from time to time, it was within boundaries. A warning would have been a good responds imo, but they had to give out a ban. This was because he was a supporter of the believe that the FSE was becoming corrupt and couldn't take criticism. Of course they are going to say otherwise but oh well. Then the fights moves to talesworld. Where Vince locked the mod revival squad page just because duurling and Craig are talking about how the FSE behaves. Yes it was off topic, but then again it should have been taken to PM's and not lock the tread i need to organise things. Then the whole olafson thing pops up as well, which is just another push in the wrong direction. I think the whole situation has been handeled very poor by the FSE team and the admins, and this is why i think the FSE should not be in any position to control the community.

Mind you that before this happend i had nothing against the FSE team, and only reformed my opinion on the recent events.

My contribution to this tread

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 08:11:31 pm »
I think if they are 'recruiting' community moderators they should take it like a job interview.

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2013, 08:29:06 pm »
Clearly by the fact that there have been at least 6 topics in the past 3 days regarding this, the communnity isn't happy, and neither am I. FSE has been ignoring our requests, and they have lost a ton of support. For their own sake, they need to change.

Offline Scorpia

• First Lieutenant
  • You know who I am.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Scorpia the Great
  • Side: Union
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2013, 08:30:45 pm »
I agree TORN, MM was good because you were asked to join. I enjoy Kitty's company, but she being a senior administrator is a joke in a way. I've seen admins whom deserve it more, and worked for it. Kitty and Vince go out with each other (Not sure if this is 100% sure) so she gets admin? If I knew that I would of went and asked Vince out 8) But more serious, I think that needs fixed.

I think everyone should say what they think, they cannot ban the community for speaking their mind. If they do, they'll probably lose A LOT of fans, donators, and publicity.

Offline Robin_Hood

• Sergeant Major
  • To be British; is to be haughtily honest.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sid the slick sh*t
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 08:48:29 pm »
I agree TORN, MM was good because you were asked to join. I enjoy Kitty's company, but she being a senior administrator is a joke in a way. I've seen admins whom deserve it more, and worked for it. Kitty and Vince go out with each other (Not sure if this is 100% sure) so she gets admin? If I knew that I would of went and asked Vince out 8) But more serious, I think that needs fixed.

I think everyone should say what they think, they cannot ban the community for speaking their mind. If they do, they'll probably lose A LOT of fans, donators, and publicity.

The Kitty situation is ridiculous, in fact the Mussolini side of Vincenzo is also equally ridiculous. We pay him money to not be a dick, he can't stop us from complaining when he is being a dick.

Instigating arguments is such a broad term, for all could be potentially and usually innocently participating in this joke of a rule. Post an opinion, someone disagrees and therefore you have instigated an argument. Now, sonny, welcome to the FSE graveyard where we ban you all with our sketchy rules as the tool. And why you say? Because we can, son.

Offline Ralph

• First Lieutenant
  • Herbalist
    • View Profile
Watched because i dunno