Author Topic: NWWC 2022 | Overview  (Read 35670 times)

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NWWC 2022 | Overview
« Reply #540 on: April 14, 2022, 06:18:21 pm »
On paper, the skill gap between GER and ENG is much closer than any previous NWWC in my opinion, hot take - maybe Chicken when doing the bracket thought GER would be stronger than ENG this year which isn't even a controversial opinion and I agree with him 100%

Why did you, a captain of a supposedly top team now cry to the organisers to try to alter the groups just so you can get an easier ride to the finals? Doesn't that seem unfair to the rest of the teams?

Anything other than keeping the bracket would leave many people feeling cheated.
I didn't cry. I said that my team was disappointed in the fact we couldn't face France in the finals at all and that it had to be done in the knockouts. I even said that I would be happy to face Germany in the semi's and then France in the finals if it meant we had a chance to be able to face France at the desired time.

Great! So what's the point in the poll, if you and FRA are supposedly are okay with not swapping the groups around, then why have the majority of captains voted yesterday for the groups to be swapped?

Now are ENG and FRA willing to swap their vote to be against the group swap now?
No idea. I complained weeks ago the day we fought Ireland and haven't cared since.

And no I still wish to fight Fra in the finals.

yikes
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #541 on: April 14, 2022, 06:24:01 pm »
On paper, the skill gap between GER and ENG is much closer than any previous NWWC in my opinion, hot take - maybe Chicken when doing the bracket thought GER would be stronger than ENG this year which isn't even a controversial opinion and I agree with him 100%

Why did you, a captain of a supposedly top team now cry to the organisers to try to alter the groups just so you can get an easier ride to the finals? Doesn't that seem unfair to the rest of the teams?

Anything other than keeping the bracket would leave many people feeling cheated.
I didn't cry. I said that my team was disappointed in the fact we couldn't face France in the finals at all and that it had to be done in the knockouts. I even said that I would be happy to face Germany in the semi's and then France in the finals if it meant we had a chance to be able to face France at the desired time.

well you can face them in the semis and enjoy the bronze
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Louisss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 14, 2022, 06:24:43 pm »

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #543 on: April 14, 2022, 06:39:52 pm »

💀💀💀💀💀💀

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
« Reply #544 on: April 14, 2022, 06:45:10 pm »
Cringe that you'd even ask for the change tbh...

Afaik we asked about the brackets weeks ago, after nwwc started, and the admins decided to put off making a decision until the end of the groups.

the best teams will be in the finals, who cares which teams they are? if you're the best team you'll win the tournament

This is not how brackets work. All of France, England and Germany are not going to have the opportunity to all play each other pre-finals to determine who the best 2 are - nor should they - because seeded brackets don't work like that. NWWC has always seeded the brackets to make England and France not be on the same side; whether you agree with that or not is another matter but that's how it has historically been. The tournament does not work in such a way as to guarantee the best teams will be in the finals, only one from each side of the bracket.

This is a misrepresentation of not only the facts of what happened but also of the motivation behind it. The issue was raised a while ago, not with the recency you imply. It is not about getting an "easier ride to the finals"; a seeded bracket creates the most fair opportunities for all teams, not just the top ones. If you or others feel it should stay as it is then simply vote for it in the poll. Since that is the route you have chosen just let the vote decide and enforce the result accordingly.
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Giorno

« Reply #545 on: April 14, 2022, 06:56:53 pm »

the best teams will be in the finals, who cares which teams they are? if you're the best team you'll win the tournament

That's literally not how seeding works. It's incredibly idealistic to say that, but it's just not how tournaments function.
Seeding always benefits some teams and fucks over others, and it is especially difficult to manually seed with three comparably skilled top teams, where on any given day you could argue each being the best.

The question is whether you want to have (1) random seeding and leave the brackets to chance/luck, or (2) ensure a more competitive final based on what we already know.

As a passive Irish bystander, I would like to see ENG defend their title in the finals if, and only if, they manage to beat everyone on their way there.
Of course, this ENG is not even slightly the same ENG that won the title last year (player-wise, not skill), so it's a bit odd to say "defend the title" when half of them weren't involved in winning it last time round, but NWWC is different in that the teams consist of compatriots, so I believe it's fair to say they are defending it.

However, again you can't ignore the huge advantage one of the teams will receive by seeding opposite to the other 2 teams, so either don't tamper with brackets at all, or let ENG have the easier side and the two "challengers" fight it out on their way there.

My biased two cents, look forward to fighting my fellow scrubs in lower bracket <3

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 14, 2022, 07:05:29 pm »
If you get to the finals, you deserve to be there, if you win the final you are the best team, worrying about who you play when is just being a bitch and thinking you might lose tbh. Who cares if eng and fra even play each other the tournament doesn't exist for their grudge match and even if it did these are not the same eng and fra we know. Also just because something "has been done historically" doesn't make it the right thing to do.

Furthermore the idea of "we want to play fra in the finals" is purely driven by an ego or by being afraid you'll lose before you get there, either way pretty weak willed.

If you want to prove you're the best team, win the tournament, whoever it may be that does that.
Nothing seemed out of place except the washing machine in the bar when the pink horses galloped across the sea.

Let your intentions be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you range, fall like a thunderbolt - Zeyden cringelord

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #547 on: April 14, 2022, 07:10:02 pm »
As long as Germany, France and England are split I don't really see an issue. I believe this year Germany has as much a chance to win as France and England, ofc that remains to be seen but on paper, I believe they do. Germany on paper have a very strong roster, often they do however and don't perform as well as expected.

But changing the brackets now is simply too late. It should have been done in early groups if there was a 'mistake' but ideally before the tournament began.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 07:28:40 pm by Herishey »
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Melsyo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The KILLER ANDD KID FISTO
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 11thTX_Cpt_Melsyo, 15th_YR_Lt
« Reply #548 on: April 14, 2022, 07:16:43 pm »

That's literally not how seeding works. It's incredibly idealistic to say that, but it's just not how tournaments function.
Seeding always benefits some teams and fucks over others, and it is especially difficult to manually seed with three comparably skilled top teams, where on any given day you could argue each being the best.

The question is whether you want to have (1) random seeding and leave the brackets to chance/luck, or (2) ensure a more competitive final based on what we already know.

As a passive Irish bystander, I would like to see ENG defend their title in the finals if, and only if, they manage to beat everyone on their way there.
Of course, this ENG is not even slightly the same ENG that won the title last year (player-wise, not skill), so it's a bit odd to say "defend the title" when half of them weren't involved in winning it last time round, but NWWC is different in that the teams consist of compatriots, so I believe it's fair to say they are defending it.

However, again you can't ignore the huge advantage one of the teams will receive by seeding opposite to the other 2 teams, so either don't tamper with brackets at all, or let ENG have the easier side and the two "challengers" fight it out on their way there.

My biased two cents, look forward to fighting my fellow scrubs in lower bracket <3
If the English roster was overwhelmingly the same as the past years I would probably agree with you. However, as many of 2022 England's players did not contribute to past NWWC titles in any way, they really don't deserve an easier finals route lol; this English team remains yet unproven (same for France this year but to a slightly lesser degree).
Wtf wht did you said... I have leave the serveur maybe because I must eat  ? chut up man

Offline jakob.

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: amaterasu jakob
« Reply #549 on: April 14, 2022, 07:18:31 pm »
cringe
<3

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 14, 2022, 07:20:23 pm »
you know something is fucked when im agreeing with mask
Nothing seemed out of place except the washing machine in the bar when the pink horses galloped across the sea.

Let your intentions be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you range, fall like a thunderbolt - Zeyden cringelord

Offline Zeyden 狼

• Board Moderator
  • 2 fast 4 u ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Amaterasu/Envy/Team France
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 14, 2022, 07:40:29 pm »
No one deserves an easier road to the final, I think Germany has as much chance of winning as we do and to change everything is pointless, let the best team win that's all

Online Desant

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y Dneprovskiy Polk | CCCP
« Reply #552 on: April 14, 2022, 07:47:27 pm »
No one deserves an easier road to the final, I think Germany has as much chance of winning as we do and to change everything is pointless, let the best team win that's all

Zidane is always right ^^^

Offline R1bazZz

• Major
  • Cyborg on duty
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Marco
« Reply #553 on: April 14, 2022, 07:50:54 pm »
Ultimately seeding the finals for GER was the wrong decision. It should’ve been FRA and ENG like it always had been. Blame moi for that one.
Why would u blame chicken ? Why cant one of u ( FRA and ENG ) get knocked before finals ??? If there arent upsets whats the point on making tourneys if u already know whos gona win and whos not ??? Im surprised this was even asked..
Also @Ribaz. I think you can take Zenon's title as biggest statue
ngl Ribazz is the glue that holds this community together

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #554 on: April 14, 2022, 07:51:39 pm »
Ultimately seeding the finals for GER was the wrong decision. It should’ve been FRA and ENG like it always had been. Blame moi for that one.
Why would u blame chicken ? Why cant one of u ( FRA and ENG ) get knocked before finals ??? If there arent upsets whats the point on making tourneys if u already know whos gona win and whos not ??? Im surprised this was even asked..
I mean ultimately you never know who will win but if the brackets are balanced you're likely to get the expected final and potentially bronze match.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.