Author Topic: EGS | Discussion  (Read 60542 times)

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
  • Side: Neutral
Re: EGS | Discussion
« Reply #1095 on: December 06, 2022, 12:08:11 pm »

Use same servers for L2 as you do for L1. I had people complaining that the last time L2 played the servers were shit as well, which is strange as they're normally fine for L1.
Sort your shit out for poor L2 players.

was the plan. As Chainsor already stated, the french ones were not available that day, so he used the one available, which is the German one. Not really intended to have worse experience in L2

Correct me if I’m wrong, the servers played in the 6v6 were also German right? How come 2 of the 3 L2 tournaments have been played in worse servers? Shouldn’t this be sorted ahead of time?

Obviously not saying it’s your guys fault, but it doesn’t look too good when everything is perfect for L1 and then L2 seems to be left in shambles.

stop beefing noob
I’m having a discussion you wet wipe, no beef here. Now pipe down and go watch prison break with danny

We've made it to season 4 so far  8) 8)

Offline DarkTemplar

• Board Moderator
  • 71st Major, EGS-HeadAdmin, MM-EU-HeadAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkTemplar
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1096 on: December 06, 2022, 12:14:05 pm »

Use same servers for L2 as you do for L1. I had people complaining that the last time L2 played the servers were shit as well, which is strange as they're normally fine for L1.

was the plan. As Chainsor already stated, the french ones were not available that day, so he used the one available, which is the German one. Not really intended to have worse experience in L2

Correct me if I’m wrong, the servers played in the 6v6 were also German right? How come 2 of the 3 L2 tournaments have been played in worse servers? Shouldn’t this be sorted ahead of time?

Obviously not saying it’s your guys fault, but it doesn’t look too good when everything is perfect for L1 and then L2 seems to be left in shambles.

tbf, that's a good point, we'll try to fix it for the season ending playoffs

Offline Hertz

• Major
  • Fuck Off
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nock is my bitch
« Reply #1097 on: December 06, 2022, 12:32:13 pm »

tbf, that's a good point, we'll try to fix it for the season ending playoffs

Thank you boss

Offline Chainsor

• Board Moderator
  • Nr13 - Hauptmann, EGS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr13_Hptm_Chainsor
« Reply #1098 on: December 06, 2022, 02:35:35 pm »

well, lets say it like this: As you know as a former admin we decided on German servers (most central one for everyone etc). Since the servers broke we used french servers for the first 2 tournaments (L1 and L2 first tournament). When the german ones were finally repaired the corpse-stabbing thing appeared (switched to french backups), which was resolved till the second League 2 tourny. League 2 tourny 2 was played on German ones because they were finally usable plus wse2 server script. Tourny 3 for League 1 was again on the french ones, because I quote "i cba people crying because of 2-3 individuals lagging". Since then we put quite a few hours of our freetime on the German ones, once again, to solve the issues a few players experienced. Every server we use costs us money we voluntarily spend into this project. L1 only used french servers till know because an error always occuried which was repaired afterwards for L2 (like wse2, corpses etc). We definitely do not do this on purpose that League2 gets the "shittier" servers. It is just what it is: unfortunate. Obviously its something we should have worked and tested on earlier prior the tournaments, to test the servers etc. Unfortunately, besides tournaments you cant gather enough people to test something properly.

Offline IR_Nr59_Lamastos

• First Lieutenant
  • Prinzessin Lamalana die Schöne
    • View Profile
  • Nick: kk_IR_Nr59_Obst_Lama
« Reply #1099 on: December 06, 2022, 02:51:23 pm »
What servers will the last L2 tournament be played on, then?
Join the IR_Nr59, join the infantry!

Offline Chainsor

• Board Moderator
  • Nr13 - Hauptmann, EGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: December 06, 2022, 03:03:32 pm »
Most likely french ones.

Offline Hertz

• Major
  • Fuck Off
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nock is my bitch
« Reply #1101 on: December 06, 2022, 04:16:22 pm »

well, lets say it like this: As you know as a former admin we decided on German servers (most central one for everyone etc). Since the servers broke we used french servers for the first 2 tournaments (L1 and L2 first tournament). When the german ones were finally repaired the corpse-stabbing thing appeared (switched to french backups), which was resolved till the second League 2 tourny. League 2 tourny 2 was played on German ones because they were finally usable plus wse2 server script. Tourny 3 for League 1 was again on the french ones, because I quote "i cba people crying because of 2-3 individuals lagging". Since then we put quite a few hours of our freetime on the German ones, once again, to solve the issues a few players experienced. Every server we use costs us money we voluntarily spend into this project. L1 only used french servers till know because an error always occuried which was repaired afterwards for L2 (like wse2, corpses etc). We definitely do not do this on purpose that League2 gets the "shittier" servers. It is just what it is: unfortunate. Obviously its something we should have worked and tested on earlier prior the tournaments, to test the servers etc. Unfortunately, besides tournaments you cant gather enough people to test something properly.

I'm not saying by any stretch of the imagination that you made L2 play on worse servers on purpose, it's just a bit peak on L2 that's all. If you've tried to solve the issues then fair play. Just strange that the better servers (french) were not sorted and made available beforehand. Maybe it's something you could look into if there is a S5

Offline Arch4ngel

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Archangel will be fine
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Archangel
« Reply #1102 on: December 06, 2022, 04:51:15 pm »
EGS servers is crap, not a ping or lags. Actually only 3-rd tournament we played on good-prepared server with FOV lock 75?

1st one we played on other server
2nd one too, maybe it was UK gf or something similar

how you prepared your servers for EGS?  we were too lazy to complain, but now 2 league are shoved into the same..

was worth it to play this EGS? im not sure.

ngl its a two horse race RT or Renegades, who wins more tournaments?
from early summer we dont have winners instead of RT or Renegades.

We can see other teams like Snappers or Cocotouch in finals, but they dont have win in any tournament..

only thing i have to say  - do randomized tournaments or fantasy league with better time lines, playing one gf per week/2weeks its really annoying

Offline DarkTemplar

• Board Moderator
  • 71st Major, EGS-HeadAdmin, MM-EU-HeadAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkTemplar
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1103 on: December 06, 2022, 05:10:37 pm »
EGS servers is crap, not a ping or lags. Actually only 3-rd tournament we played on good-prepared server with FOV lock 75?

how you prepared your servers for EGS?  we were too lazy to complain, but now 2 league are shoved into the same..

We can see other teams like Snappers or Cocotouch in finals, but they dont have win in any tournament..

only thing i have to say  - do randomized tournaments or fantasy league with better time lines, playing one gf per week/2weeks its really annoying

okay so what's your point exactly?
1st season was Chimpz and Litost
2nd season was all about Amaterasu and Poosy
3rd season was an insane dominance by Envy again, with two losses overall, only having Competition at the start from 10C

and if you play one gf per two weeks, maybe search for another team where you have practices.
The tournaments are not here to get your dosis NW, they're here to find out who is the best teams, over several weeks.

and if you don't like the format and/or decisions taken by the admin staff, who are sacrificing their free time in this, feel free to host your own randomized tournament. Show us what we can do better, to learn from you.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: December 06, 2022, 05:11:54 pm »
Randomised/draft tournaments fucking suck

Offline Arch4ngel

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Archangel will be fine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: December 06, 2022, 05:33:57 pm »

okay so what's your point exactly?
1st season was Chimpz and Litost
3rd season was an insane dominance by Envy again, with two losses overall, only having Competition at the start from 10C

and if you play one gf per two weeks, maybe search for another team where you have practices.
The tournaments are not here to get your dosis NW, they're here to find out who is the best teams, over several weeks.

and if you don't like the format and/or decisions taken by the admin staff, who are sacrificing their free time in this, feel free to host your own randomized tournament. Show us what we can do better, to learn from you.

my point is EGS servers is organaised bad and it cost extra toxic points

and im saying about fantasy league GFs not my team. with one match per 1/2weeks its taking too long  to play this and the final turns out to be boring and no one expects it
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 05:40:11 pm by Arch4ngel »

Offline Arch4ngel

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Archangel will be fine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: December 06, 2022, 05:42:05 pm »
its insteresting to play those formats once per 4-6 months.

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
« Reply #1107 on: December 06, 2022, 05:59:52 pm »

Interesting that people say this when LEGENDS under DRAKE consistently beat Poosy and ended up 2nd. CURIOUS INDEED.

its insteresting to play those formats once per 4-6 months.

Draft tournaments are fun as long as they are kept short. Leagues are worse than one-day tournaments; a draft "league" consisting of 2 one-day tournaments is about as far as I'd stretch it, anything lasting weeks on end with random teams results in people losing interest or going inactive.
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: December 06, 2022, 06:12:23 pm »

Draft tournaments are fun as long as they are kept short. Leagues are worse than one-day tournaments; a draft "league" consisting of 2 one-day tournaments is about as far as I'd stretch it, anything lasting weeks on end with random teams results in people losing interest or going inactive.

Agreed, we've just done one recently, let's wait another 6 months before we do another :^)

Offline Chainsor

• Board Moderator
  • Nr13 - Hauptmann, EGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: December 06, 2022, 06:56:24 pm »

League 1 played every single tournament on French servers and its not possible that League1 players played with a FOV lock, because the wse2 script or mods in general are not liked by Syrcrim so therefore they are not installed. Only League2 servers (tourny 2 and 3) had FOV lock.

Are you publicly saying you played in League2?