Author Topic: ♞ [SNC-2020] Discussion Thread  (Read 19165 times)

Offline QuinnML

• Major
  • NEC TIMEAS SIS JUSTUS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Quinn
  • Side: Union
Re: ♞ [SNC-2020] Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2020, 09:55:54 pm »
Make up a few random rules, then after the first matchweek go back and review them

Offline DragonKing

• Board Moderator
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [DCL]Cpt_DragonKing
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2020, 09:58:29 pm »
very good question. Draft rules have been put in place. I will consult with the different admins of the tournament and we will put in place something clean over time. No, I don't intend to have the captains debate these rules (I think they are already busy with the rosters to do but also with their regiment to manage.). rules are not intended to be innovative, but they will have to be validated by all the head admins.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 10:00:33 pm by DragonKing »
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline StephanGH

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
  • Nick: StephanGH | frozen
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2020, 11:26:24 pm »
Is the max Roster size listed anywhere?
I noticed that you ask "is your roster full" on the roster page, but I can't find the max anywhere?

Offline DragonKing

• Board Moderator
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2020, 11:35:48 pm »
I noticed that you ask "is your roster full" on the roster page, but I can't find the max anywhere?

"§2 Teams will be composed of 15 players minimum, 24 players maximum."
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline StephanGH

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2020, 12:23:16 am »

You wanna play 15v15 with a max of 24 players? oh boy. aight thanks

Offline DragonKing

• Board Moderator
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2020, 12:43:36 am »

You wanna play 15v15 with a max of 24 players? oh boy. aight thanks

no, there is a misunderstanding
The minimum to play is 15 except for some nations which will be entitled to special treatment so as not to lose quality for quantity. Nevertheless, rosters must be made up of at least 15 players (including captains) and a maximum of 24, knowing that I strongly advise everyone to aim for as many players as possible.
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline Husarion7k

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2020, 11:08:37 pm »
Ok, but what if one nation has 2 squads? I mean, in Poland there are 2 teams at this moment. Each wants to be the "main squad", and each commander wishes to be the Cpt. I already proposed my rival 1v1 between our teams, and the winner becomes an official nation's represenation. Such thing took place in 2014 aswell, when 2 squads couldn't reach an agreement, and solution for that was just the same I mentioned previously (If I am not mistaken, it was a long ago, I may be wrong tho :P). Still, I think it would be fair for both sides.

Offline DragonKing

• Board Moderator
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2020, 11:20:51 pm »
Ok, but what if one nation has 2 squads? I mean, in Poland there are 2 teams at this moment. Each wants to be the "main squad", and each commander wishes to be the Cpt. I already proposed my rival 1v1 between our teams, and the winner becomes an official nation's represenation. Such thing took place in 2014 aswell, when 2 squads couldn't reach an agreement, and solution for that was just the same I mentioned previously (If I am not mistaken, it was a long ago, I may be wrong tho :P). Still, I think it would be fair for both sides.

Often the worst enemy of a nation in this kind of tournament is often the nation itself.

In this case, the official captain of the polish selection is Filson, assisted by Atlatan. This captain was proposed by the former captain of the Polish national team (Zahari) and seemed to meet with unanimous approval until now. so I'm not sure what's going on in your community right now. This story of two squad nations fighting against each other goes against this rule:
§3captains must choose a team taking into account all the players of their nation. forming a nation taking into account only its group will not be tolerated and may lead to a replacement of the captain in question.

in conclusion the choice of captains has already been made. You have the right to disagree now, but there are not sufficient reasons to remove the current captain from his post.
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline Husarion7k

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2020, 12:31:41 am »
The reasons why such a decision would be correct exist, indeed. One of the most important is that many of Filson's ex-players felt that they just did not fit his line-up / command style and walked away, still willing to participate in the tournament tho. The result was the formation of a second team that also wants to play in the competition, but on its own terms. By that I mean they want to be the main part of the squad obv. And why couldn't they just play that? There is still a lot of time before the tournament starts, during which everyone could prepare and reserve time to play. Forcing them to choose between playing under Filson and not participating in the tournament at all, is unfair to them, because they don't even get a chance to prove themselves. And such a chance would be to play 1v1, because it is all about the best players to represent their nation I guess. Additionally, for the loser it would not mean a total exclusion from the squad - on the contrary, they would be linked to the winning team and the captain of the losing team would become CO cpt or vice cpt of the official national squad. In that case, everyone would play anyway, and the country could field ALL its players.

Plus, I don't know what some "team fight" is about. There is no fight, and there hasn't been. As I mentioned, there are just 2 separate squads willing to play on slightly different terms. It does not mean, however, that any of them should be ignored by saying "If u don't like the current state of affairs, do not play". I myself tried to solve this matter on priv with filson, talking to him for a long time, trying to reach an agreement. Unfortunately, there was no agreement - to quote "I'm in charge here, and i don't gib a shit about anything else".

The solution I propose here is fair to everyone, it would additionally provide both teams with the pleasure of the game itself.

Offline StephanGH

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2020, 08:38:57 am »
If not done already can we add the rule of the referee asking for 3 screenshots that was recently added to the Cl to counter health mods?

Also, wouldn't this rule be more useful if the referee at a random point in the match asks for these? U can just stay out of the server now and join after screens are asked.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2020, 09:51:37 am »
Stephan is spot on tbh and that was discussed with a couple of other people. So far the rule in the CL is a great addition but let's be real, it only serves as putting pressure on the leaders to remind their guys to get rid of any potential modifications they may have forgotten to turn off, not catch real cheaters. It's really easy to circumvent that by joining late or re-joining after the first round (in case your cheat goes through an actual module).

One way to avoid that would simply be to give the referee the freedom to choose which round he asks the screenshots. Could be 1st, could be 3rd, could be 9th. You would still do it at the beginning of each round - before the live - to not bother people when they are playing (as losing focus for a mere 2 seconds can sometimes be the end of you) but that would make much harder for people to play around the system. Of course, those whose hacks can be turned on & off by a simple key in-game won't be affected by that doesn't mean we shouldn't try and work to catch those who can't afford that luxury.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline StephanGH

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2020, 10:48:01 am »
Stephan is spot on tbh and that was discussed with a couple of other people. So far the rule in the CL is a great addition but let's be real, it only serves as putting pressure on the leaders to remind their guys to get rid of any potential modifications they may have forgotten to turn off, not catch real cheaters. It's really easy to circumvent that by joining late or re-joining after the first round (in case your cheat goes through an actual module).

One way to avoid that would simply be to give the referee the freedom to choose which round he asks the screenshots. Could be 1st, could be 3rd, could be 9th. You would still do it at the beginning of each round - before the live - to not bother people when they are playing (as losing focus for a mere 2 seconds can sometimes be the end of you) but that would make much harder for people to play around the system. Of course, those whose hacks can be turned on & off by a simple key in-game won't be affected by that doesn't mean we shouldn't try and work to catch those who can't afford that luxury.

This is what I meant yeah.

Allow the referee to chose when. All players named need to make the screenshot when the referee says "Screenshot Now" in the admin chat or smth so that message is visible in the screenshot to prevent ppl from taking 2/3 minutes longer (incase they can turn it off by stopping an .exe or smth idk how advanced some of these cheats are)

It would prevent ppl from just joining late, and might work as a better detterent overall incase someone did have the idea to join late - now they know theyd still take a risk

Offline DragonKing

• Board Moderator
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2020, 02:51:10 pm »
I like the idea. I will update the rules on November 5th. There won't be anything really new, just clarifications, especially regarding cheating.
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline tomascadarn

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2020, 09:28:36 pm »
long live the king
Tomas on his way to Fse!
Spoiler
[close]

Offline QuinnML