Author Topic: Event Ideas  (Read 52724 times)

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Event Ideas
« Reply #375 on: November 13, 2020, 09:30:15 pm »
If MRGL is over just another RGL please
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Witcher!

• Major
  • UA FOREVER. MARXEIL PIDOR SUKA
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Witcher
« Reply #376 on: November 18, 2020, 12:21:34 am »
host 2v2 pls somebody
Glory to Ukraine

Offline Arch4ngel

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Archangel will be fine
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Archangel
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #377 on: November 18, 2020, 04:12:07 am »

Offline Witcher!

• Major
  • UA FOREVER. MARXEIL PIDOR SUKA
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Witcher
« Reply #378 on: December 11, 2020, 02:53:15 am »
 7v7 host pls
Glory to Ukraine

Offline Arch4ngel

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Archangel will be fine
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Archangel
« Reply #379 on: December 11, 2020, 03:09:33 am »
7v7 host pls
1 more lose for virgins agaisnt "maybe next time" archangel? no thanks, host some interesting in january, maybe my provider will fix my ping  :o

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #380 on: December 11, 2020, 03:14:10 am »
As NW tournaments feel increasingly repetitive with a stagnant player base an easy accessible way to introduce more casual competitive players into the sphere of top tier competitive play is to get them involved in a league that does not involve them being shat on by every team.

A few months ago I was thinking of hosting an invitational league for teams that are too weak to participate in EIS/EGL as out of these 8 teams that are in existence - only two max would ever compete in a normal tournament as quite frankly getting dicked on is never fun. The only thing stopping me from hosting this was my lack of time and involvement that seems to have been accentuated in the recent weeks with myself dedicating more time to my regiment/uni shit.

Of course there would be rules to avoid these type of low tier teams potentially stacking, a form of a roster lock on all those who are on EGL rosters would be introduced, this coinciding with the fact that many of these lower tier captains (many of these regimental based) have no incentive in stacking a team should allow for a purely noob friendly environment. The aim of this short 2 month league would not only be to introduce many low tier casual teams to have a taste of actual competition within their skill tier with actual close matches but also give encouragement and confidence to many of these teams so much so that they would start entering tournaments - also not to mention that these types of tournaments are normally a blast!

Hopefully this league would introduce new aspects to the generic NW tournaments both team wise and player base wise, something freshening to add to an increasingly bland brand of tournament,

Please do message me if you're interested in hosting this, I have already thought of some potential balancing rules and I am sure I can help with servers/refs etc :D
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 03:16:17 am by maskmanmarks »
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #381 on: December 11, 2020, 10:16:22 am »
Python did have an idea that he wants to host that would mix teams up a bit. But realistically the point of tournaments kinda is that the best players come out on top. Though throwing in the odd more casual one isn't an issue it kinda defeats the point of a 'tournament'. I have noticed less people host 'fun' tournaments any more such as last man standing, random, etc. The last one I can even remember I hosted like a year ago.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline The British Spy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 11, 2020, 11:44:03 am »
Python did have an idea that he wants to host that would mix teams up a bit. But realistically the point of tournaments kinda is that the best players come out on top. Though throwing in the odd more casual one isn't an issue it kinda defeats the point of a 'tournament'. I have noticed less people host 'fun' tournaments any more such as last man standing, random, etc. The last one I can even remember I hosted like a year ago.
Would be great to make a random roster tournament.

Offline Tw1sT[eR]

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tw1sT[eR]*
« Reply #383 on: December 11, 2020, 11:48:42 am »
Would be great to make a random roster tournament.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 11, 2020, 12:53:13 pm »
It's a bit of a pain to organise a randomised one which is why I think people don't tend to do them, but they are quite fun as long as the teams are 'fair' and done right.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Wursti

« Reply #385 on: December 11, 2020, 02:32:46 pm »
Wow a League for worse Teams with all these rules?? imagine some1 wouldve had that idea some time ago!!!!

maskman so smart

oh wait

I could actually rehost EIS with new participants for the leagues and a fixed script version + better server if ppl wouldnt cry too much  ::)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 02:35:24 pm by Wursti »

Offline Dusbled

• Major
  • Squadron Corporal Major of 45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Saphyro
« Reply #386 on: December 11, 2020, 02:35:46 pm »
It's a bit of a pain to organise a randomised one which is why I think people don't tend to do them, but they are quite fun as long as the teams are 'fair' and done right.

and then you have people complaining that they dont want to play with player x or player y because of personal issues or difficulties....

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
« Reply #387 on: December 11, 2020, 02:56:32 pm »
to be fair we have movement league atm but its nearly finished and has been a bit slow paced as of late

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #388 on: December 11, 2020, 03:18:25 pm »
to be fair we have movement league atm but its nearly finished and has been a bit slow paced as of late

Exactly people lose interest so fast leagues don't work anymore in NW, too slow.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 11, 2020, 03:19:25 pm »

and then you have people complaining that they dont want to play with player x or player y because of personal issues or difficulties....
Yeah, the first two random tournaments didn't have that. The community now is just full of pansies.