Author Topic: European Infantry Cup - Season 5 - Rules  (Read 20873 times)

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: European Infantry Cup - Season 5 - Rules
« Reply #150 on: July 27, 2022, 02:12:36 pm »
Randomly pick players in the match to either record or take a screenshot without leaving the server
aka russians
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Guderiannn

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Guderian
« Reply #151 on: July 27, 2022, 03:12:05 pm »
Randomly pick players in the match to either record or take a screenshot without leaving the server

they can just turn the modifications off with a key and take screenshot

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #152 on: July 27, 2022, 03:43:35 pm »
Better than nothing

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #153 on: July 27, 2022, 08:16:44 pm »
The HP mod isn't all that common anyways and it's pretty useless. Sounds like a great idea that you can see each other's HPs, but then realise that the text is that big, it overlaps player's names anyways and makes it far more of a hindrance. You can check my past streams to see how big the text is.

And yes, you activate it with a press of a button, so a screenshot wouldn't be viable and recording is difficult because can cause performance issues if you've got a shit PC.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 08:18:21 pm by Fietta »

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #154 on: July 27, 2022, 11:28:41 pm »
This isn't a groupfighting match, there's just too many people for the randomly picking people system to work effectively in any way.

If I think of something then I'll put it here. At the end of the day the advantages the mods give you are slight in the grand scheme of things. All I ask is that people keep the spirit of the competition.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #155 on: July 27, 2022, 11:29:10 pm »
Great, I'll install all this shit now
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
« Reply #156 on: July 28, 2022, 12:04:42 am »
I don't wanna completely argue the point as the importance for a match result goes close to zero but why do all of you make a big deal about health visibility modifications? I personally play this game in entire vanilla since I started and from what I have seen the modification with the health shown looks awful but I just don't get why you have a problem with it. If my whole enemy team can see my health that's super amazing for them but I don't care slightly. Yes, they could focus and shit but it's EIC and not a 3v3 GF tournament. The possibility they do a stupid mistake while checking is probably above the actual use.

But if you wanna forbid it sure, it has no real effect anyway. And if somebody is as stupid and actually gets caught cause he himself uploads something then please punish him. But we shouldn't have any checking rule really. It's a completely non-beneficiary time effort that could be used for cooler stuff such as hype content or easily manageable spreadsheets etc. I also see a possibility even a small check could annoy much-needed new (junior) referees. Furthermore, we figured out a screenshot doesn't complete the check and we really shouldn't expect people to be able to record an entire game. I know several people from western European countries with a decent pc who out of lack of connection would basically be unable to normally play. At this point, the check would have a higher changing factor then the actual modification.

David_Schrein

« Reply #157 on: July 28, 2022, 12:18:14 am »
ban yellow muskets

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #158 on: July 28, 2022, 12:30:45 am »
I don't wanna completely argue the point as the importance for a match result goes close to zero but why do all of you make a big deal about health visibility modifications? I personally play this game in entire vanilla since I started and from what I have seen the modification with the health shown looks awful but I just don't get why you have a problem with it. If my whole enemy team can see my health that's super amazing for them but I don't care slightly. Yes, they could focus and shit but it's EIC and not a 3v3 GF tournament. The possibility they do a stupid mistake while checking is probably above the actual use.

But if you wanna forbid it sure, it has no real effect anyway. And if somebody is as stupid and actually gets caught cause he himself uploads something then please punish him. But we shouldn't have any checking rule really. It's a completely non-beneficiary time effort that could be used for cooler stuff such as hype content or easily manageable spreadsheets etc. I also see a possibility even a small check could annoy much-needed new (junior) referees. Furthermore, we figured out a screenshot doesn't complete the check and we really shouldn't expect people to be able to record an entire game. I know several people from western European countries with a decent pc who out of lack of connection would basically be unable to normally play. At this point, the check would have a higher changing factor then the actual modification.
That’s as dumb as saying autoblock Is fine cuz you can’t kill someone with it

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
« Reply #159 on: July 28, 2022, 01:08:44 am »

That’s as dumb as saying autoblock Is fine cuz you can’t kill someone with it
Not even close.

Autoblock gives you an actual mechanical advantage.
Health visibilty gives you a theortetic awarness advantage that unlike yellow Muskels e.g. also requires you to actually activate it every Single time you wanna see it

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #160 on: July 28, 2022, 08:08:08 am »
Yellow Muskels be like
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Dusbled

• Major
  • Squadron Corporal Major of 45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Saphyro
« Reply #161 on: July 28, 2022, 02:03:27 pm »
And if somebody is as stupid and actually gets caught cause he himself uploads something then please punish him.

I can confirm it can happen, speaking out of experience #Feezy xD

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #162 on: September 15, 2022, 03:13:43 pm »
I've pretty much only had good feedback so far regarding the rule changes. But please let me know if you do have any criticism.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.