Author Topic: WW1 commemoration from a class angle, fuck nationalism.  (Read 12704 times)

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
  • Side: Neutral
Re: WW1 commemoration from a class angle, fuck nationalism.
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2014, 12:20:11 pm »
Indeed, its not neutral but that doesnt mean they can have good arguments.
This is simply a cop-out so you are ignored. You guys would be totally fine if your views are espoused in the media so i find this ironic aswel.

get on-topic or fuck off  :)
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline Von_Clausewitz

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Clausewitz
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2014, 12:30:42 pm »
Indeed, its not neutral but that doesnt mean they can have good arguments.
This is simply a cop-out so you are ignored. You guys would be totally fine if your views are espoused in the media so i find this ironic aswel.

get on-topic or fuck off  :)

If the source is not neutral their arguments won't be neutral therefore it's biased bullshit. And why would any history nut want biased information? I want a neutral source of information and not some leftist articles. So do yourself a favor and let this thread die because it's nothing more than a big rant on why your views upon the subject are right and everyone that opposes that is wrong and a facist liar.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 12:33:29 pm by Von_Clausewitz »

Offline Augy

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2014, 12:39:46 pm »
I fucking get it, you're butthurt that theres left libertarian representation on here. please fuck off. Go jerk off to some war memorobilia and stay out of here because you don't belong.
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline Von_Clausewitz

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Clausewitz
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2014, 12:44:01 pm »
I fucking get it, you're butthurt that theres left libertarian representation on here. please fuck off. Go jerk off to some war memorobilia and stay out of here because you don't belong.

So tell me, who does belong in this thread if it's not people who want neutral representation of history? Basically it comes down to you wanting a massive circlejerk in this thread. Well done mate.

Offline Augy

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2014, 12:51:44 pm »
History is written by the victors. You choose to ignore the common people's history and pick the side of the States written history. Don't get mad when someone doesnt accept the mainstream view and digs deeper.

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2014, 12:17:10 am »
History is written by the victors. You choose to ignore the common people's history and pick the side of the States written history. Don't get mad when someone doesnt accept the mainstream view and digs deeper.

I hope you don't breed.

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
  • Side: Union
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2014, 10:00:53 am »
America Then
[close]
America Now

[close]

This has to be a joke
Pointy stick champion

Offline Augy

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2014, 10:31:08 am »
It is a joke but he can't help it. Conquest isn't just bullets and bombs. Conquest is cultural too. That's why the descendants of slaves in the US are mostly christian and why people in Dublin speak English.

The murder and genocide of the numerous American Indian nations was a tragedy, but the destruction of their cultures is a different kind of tragedy. Americanization/Europeanisation/Gentrification etc is a kind of conquest in itself.

Gramsci called this concept 'cultural hegemony':
"Hegemony' in this case means the success of the dominant classes in presenting their definition of reality, their view of the world, in such a way that it is accepted by other classes as 'common sense". The general 'consensus' is that it is the only sensible way of seeing the world.

The American government actively killed Native Americans for one hundred years and more. I think what the U.S. government did the Native Americans is just as bad, and worse than what happened to Jews in Nazi Germany. And I think it's all awful and evil. But it was all for capitalism and the state so we can "move on" so its fine, made a lot of money from buying their cheap land by expelling them and then speculating on the land. Railroads had to be built by small groups of rich white men.

America was built by immigrants from all over the world, Blacks, Women, Native Americans, Chinese you name it but only a select few profited of it. The American Nightmare.

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2014, 10:39:45 am »
Yeah, the worst part is that we don't really talk about it in school, and when we do it's usually pretty pro-white biased and disgusting. I remember my textbook was taking the side of the American soldiers at the Massacre at Wounded knee. The slaughter of the native Americans is a huge fucking tragedy, and probably the absolute worst thing America has done, yet we don't attempt to learn from it.
Pointy stick champion

Offline Augy

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2014, 11:47:23 am »
'Peoples history of the United States' by Howard Zinn really opened my eyes to their plight.
http://www.thegoyslife.com/Documents/Books/A%20People%27s%20History%20of%20the%20United%20States-%20Howard%20Zinn.pdf

It goes over pretty much all over US history, most indepth stuff but theres a bias towards the lower class. But its well researched.

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2014, 05:24:06 pm »
The slaughter of the native Americans is a huge fucking tragedy, and probably the absolute worst thing America,  yet we don't attempt to learn from it.

Spoiler

[close]

Yeah I think that's a common theme with you chaps.

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2014, 06:17:47 pm »
The slaughter of the native Americans is a huge fucking tragedy, and probably the absolute worst thing America,  yet we don't attempt to learn from it.

Spoiler

[close]

Hiroshima was different. That bomb freedomized them. And Bush is the greatest liberator in human history. A Caesar of the Middle East and Grand Freedomer of Ze Oil
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2014, 07:09:42 pm »

Spoiler

[close]

Yeah, I'm not saying America hasn't done bad things, it has. But I am more than willing to debate the ethical decision of the atomic bomb.
Pointy stick champion

Offline Augy

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2014, 07:22:20 pm »
Not many people know that Japan was almost completely firebombed, they chose Nagasaki and Hiroshima because they were well-populated and they wanted to see what the effects were... its totally fucked up.

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2014, 12:56:28 am »
It was the less of two evils
Pointy stick champion