Author Topic: Football thread v.2  (Read 277338 times)

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Football thread v.2
« Reply #2175 on: July 29, 2018, 11:57:34 am »
4 - 1 - 4 - 1 DM Wide.

I have sort of exploited a weakness in the eredivisie completely by chance. I started off over wage budget and the only fix was to sacrifice my transfer budget to compensate, which meant for the first window only frees and loans would do.

I didn't have much luck in loans because most of the worthwhile loans I could get from big teams wanted me to pay a % of their salary that was way over what my max salary was. For example, I wanted Scott McTominay from Man Utd, but they wanted me to pay 10k of his salary week when my max wage allowed was like 4k. However, in looking over Man Utd's team for possible loans, I noticed they had a Belgian youngster who was a regen who did not generate at a club who was on trial and had not signed a contract yet. I saw he was getting interest from other premier league teams, which to me meant that I probably didn't need to scout him, and i signed him on the spot. His stats aren't too spectacular, but were very good in key areas: At age 16, he had 15 Finishing, 16 Acceleration, and 15 Pace. He lacked other things like composure, which he only had at 9, but he was good enough for me to start him in a season opener against Ajax, which we won after he scored 2 goals. It was in that match I realized that defenders in the Eredivise are tall and have good jumping reach, but are sorely lacking in Pace. What this meant to me was I would play on the counter mentality, ave him always play forward, build a team around him with great support from the wings, encourage direct passing, whip my crosses and take out the popcorn as this kids goal tally is close to equaling his appearances. He just turned 18 before my game with Barcelona and he's still improving. No clubs have come for him yet as he is basically a min-maxed slayer of Dutch defenders, and i doubt he would perform as well outside the league.

I'd post screenshots but I'm on my phone right now.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 12:07:59 pm by AP0CALYPS3 »

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #2176 on: July 29, 2018, 12:32:47 pm »
Heerenveen are quite fun to play in the eredivise, however you get a similar experience with all the Dutch teams really. I'd advise loading the Nordic and Balkan leagues if you are playing in leagues like the eredivise as you can pick up bargains with your small budget.

I'd recommend playing Karlsruhe in the German third league if you want another fun challenge as they have quite a strong team and strong youth setup, I managed champions league in 5-6 seasons.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2177 on: July 29, 2018, 12:39:01 pm »
Yeah but did you guide a Celtic team to becoming European champions?  8)

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #2178 on: July 29, 2018, 12:40:38 pm »
I turned Hull City into the best team on the planet over the span of around 25 seasons in fm12

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: July 29, 2018, 12:42:36 pm »
I turned Hull City into the best team on the planet over the span of around 25 seasons in fm12
Hull are already one of the best teams in Europe so not surprising

Offline Phoen!x

• Major
  • RGL Inventor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: July 29, 2018, 03:05:05 pm »
Is there anyone out there who does not hate Mourinho?

Offline Fredovic

• Second Lieutenant
  • eternally correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: July 29, 2018, 04:12:36 pm »

I dont hate him but I'm a man utd fan so im a BIT biased  ;D

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: July 29, 2018, 04:38:53 pm »

Then you should be even more against the crap football that his teams play

Offline Fredovic

• Second Lieutenant
  • eternally correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: July 29, 2018, 05:39:23 pm »

Then you should be even more against the crap football that his teams play
I prefer to watch attractive football as much as you do but I have to respect one of the best managers in recent football regardless of his playstyle.
There are no better replacements now anyway unless Zidane wants to take the job which I doubt that will happen.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 05:41:35 pm by Fredovic »

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: July 29, 2018, 07:54:15 pm »
There are plenty of managers who would jump at the chance to be coach at united. You can't even claim Mourinho gets results anymore. They've been shite for the best part of two years despite having spent hundreds of millions. He has always stifled young talent and this is no different. Pogba, Sanchez etc all being worse under him. Look at how Pogba did at the world cup. So much better.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #2185 on: July 29, 2018, 08:08:09 pm »
Heerenveen are quite fun to play in the eredivise, however you get a similar experience with all the Dutch teams really. I'd advise loading the Nordic and Balkan leagues if you are playing in leagues like the eredivise as you can pick up bargains with your small budget.

I'd recommend playing Karlsruhe in the German third league if you want another fun challenge as they have quite a strong team and strong youth setup, I managed champions league in 5-6 seasons.

I've been hearing good things about the German 3rd division. A friend of mine actually streamed his playthrough as FC Hansa Rostock and managed to get promoted every season and I think he managed to get into continental competition of some sort in his first season in the top flight. I kind of wanted to try it myself, but I usually played big clubs like Manchester City so I wanted to gradually take steps down, so I thought the Eredivisie would be pretty solid middle ground.

Offline Fredovic

• Second Lieutenant
  • eternally correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: July 29, 2018, 08:44:41 pm »
There are plenty of managers who would jump at the chance to be coach at united. You can't even claim Mourinho gets results anymore. They've been shite for the best part of two years despite having spent hundreds of millions. He has always stifled young talent and this is no different. Pogba, Sanchez etc all being worse under him. Look at how Pogba did at the world cup. So much better.

There aren't many managers of the same caliber as Mourinho that would be a solid replacement and I wish we spent "hundreds of millions" but in reality we get 1 class player every season (which is nothing for the richest club in the world) and we didn't even get anyone good this season yet. And how is he stifling young talent when pretty much everyone in the team is young? Even if you take Rashford as an example (you took Sanchez for some reason even tho he's one of the oldest there lol) he plays more each season and you can clearly see that from statistics, hopefully he'll play even more now after he's proven himself in the english team. I agree with you on Pogba tho, I hope he finds his place now in a defensive squad like he did in the french one.

and ye we also won 2017 europa league so you can't really say that they're that bad
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 08:48:18 pm by Fredovic »

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: July 29, 2018, 08:52:42 pm »
I was mentioning Sanchez under a different point. There are so many managers who are better than Mourinho. I don't care how many players they've bought, they have still spent hundreds of millions on players that he's turned worse. Rashford actually played less this season than last season. Not to mentioned that you could make a quality premier league side out of all the players mourinho has sold off in his career.

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: July 29, 2018, 08:54:56 pm »
I was mentioning Sanchez under a different point. There are so many managers who are better than Mourinho. I don't care how many players they've bought, they have still spent hundreds of millions on players that he's turned worse. Rashford actually played less this season than last season. Not to mentioned that you could make a quality premier league side out of all the players mourinho has sold off in his career.
And apparently Martial wants out, another player who'll be world class in 3 years, Mou is past it.
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline Fredovic

• Second Lieutenant
  • eternally correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: July 29, 2018, 09:11:20 pm »

Idk what you're talking about lol the only expensive player he bought was Pogba, today a player costs 150mil no problem. And he made Lukaku a monster and improved Rashford whether he played much or not. You can also say that many other managers sold off good players, that's part of the business that you make a shit decision sometimes under different circumstances. You missed my point entirely that there are better managers but whatever.

And apparently Martial wants out, another player who'll be world class in 3 years, Mou is past it.
he's garbage atm and didn't even get invited for the French team
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 09:14:19 pm by Fredovic »