Author Topic: Developer Blog 22 - In-game Teaser  (Read 90203 times)

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Developer Blog 22 - In-game Teaser
« Reply #330 on: January 20, 2014, 09:56:39 am »
Speaking of general balance, please don't have a total 360 degree all look key.

Offline Onii

• Donator
  • Your friendly neighbourhood Dane
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #331 on: January 20, 2014, 10:00:36 am »
But gives such nice selfies :0

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 20, 2014, 10:01:28 am »
True makes "surprises" really hard to do :P

Offline Rejenorst

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 20, 2014, 10:10:10 am »

Maybe have it so that you can mouse-look your head all the way right/left so that your screen edge touches the 180 degree mark behind you but doesn't go further and doesn't center on it. If heads move like in ARMA2 that would be awesome too so you could see the direction someone is looking :)
Spoiler

[close]

Offline Penn

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 20, 2014, 04:35:07 pm »

Maybe have it so that you can mouse-look your head all the way right/left so that your screen edge touches the 180 degree mark behind you but doesn't go further and doesn't center on it. If heads move like in ARMA2 that would be awesome too so you could see the direction someone is looking :)

That would be awesome indeed.
Penn and shitz

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 20, 2014, 05:40:52 pm »

Yes this sounds doable.

Offline PatoPotato

• Private
  • Patos...
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #336 on: January 20, 2014, 07:31:54 pm »
Just Fucking Awesome!

Offline nadav555

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 20, 2014, 08:51:15 pm »
Hey great job looks great however I've got few notes for ya:
1. Having so many different modes can make the gameplay less "smooth", what I mean is when you have run/sprint/walk yeah it's alright as long as it's smooth and you don't have to do too much to change between them, crouch/stand/prone I haven't actually read enough to see if you are going to implement Prone in the game but then again having 3 different stances in a this type of game might be wrong if the time it takes to do every move is too slow.
2. The combat mode: just like mentioned above I can't really tell too much since the game isn't even in alpha yet :D, what I can say though which is also related to the fact that this game is Civil war flintlock type game having too many modes and stances and etc can make the gameplay less smooth combat mode seems the thing that can actually do the worst job within these modes however if it's like that maybe the maps are big and you use non combat mode just to sprint and get to a place faster and then you just stay in combat mode most of the time I guess it's ok, we just need to wait and see in alpha :D .

That's all I guess great job so far keep up the great work I hope to play this game and have some nice awesome regiments and regiment events like in Napoleonic wars :D.

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 21, 2014, 02:21:11 pm »
Spoiler
Hey great job looks great however I've got few notes for ya:
1. Having so many different modes can make the gameplay less "smooth", what I mean is when you have run/sprint/walk yeah it's alright as long as it's smooth and you don't have to do too much to change between them, crouch/stand/prone I haven't actually read enough to see if you are going to implement Prone in the game but then again having 3 different stances in a this type of game might be wrong if the time it takes to do every move is too slow.
2. The combat mode: just like mentioned above I can't really tell too much since the game isn't even in alpha yet :D, what I can say though which is also related to the fact that this game is Civil war flintlock type game having too many modes and stances and etc can make the gameplay less smooth combat mode seems the thing that can actually do the worst job within these modes however if it's like that maybe the maps are big and you use non combat mode just to sprint and get to a place faster and then you just stay in combat mode most of the time I guess it's ok, we just need to wait and see in alpha :D .

That's all I guess great job so far keep up the great work I hope to play this game and have some nice awesome regiments and regiment events like in Napoleonic wars :D.
[close]

I have to say I have no clue what you're talking about.

Do you mean because of the huge maps and different game modes that some modes will be more intense than others?

Also they used rifled muskets with percussion caps. Guns are going to be more accurate than NW.

On a side note I hope they keep a 360 all look key. So do a lot of people. Keeps a lot of people from spamming the cavalry class.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 02:23:33 pm by MackCW »

Offline regwilliam

• Donator
  • add regwilliam to join 1stNJ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: William
« Reply #339 on: January 21, 2014, 09:12:17 pm »
i like 360 dergees view

Offline Insurance Salesman

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 21, 2014, 09:19:39 pm »
I don't. Cavalry's not going to be an issue since you can just shoot them with your rifle-level accuracy, and it makes sneak attacks basically useless when you can literally look behind your soldier as you reload.

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 22, 2014, 04:11:14 am »
I don't. Cavalry's not going to be an issue since you can just shoot them with your rifle-level accuracy, and it makes sneak attacks basically useless when you can literally look behind your soldier as you reload.

Kind of hard to do that when there is more than one.

Cavalrymen are going to have pistols with six shots mind you. Whether I look over my shoulder or not its not going to matter if they unload and ride away. 

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
« Reply #342 on: January 22, 2014, 04:18:20 am »

Cavalrymen are going to have pistols with six shots mind you. Whether I look over my shoulder or not its not going to matter if they unload and ride away.
Damnit Mack, stop. You are making me cringe, reminding me how much I hate cavalry. I really hope their is a nice and satisfying death animation when I impale that horse on a bayonet and chop the rider's damned head off, because I know revolver cavalry is going to piss me off something nasty, and a nice, gruesome, satisfying death fit for bastard cavalry who prey on shooting/bumping/slashing the already misfortunate, cornered and preoccupied fighters and then bragging "hur dur I'm 30 and 1 i'm so good" in game when they would be demolished as infantry.

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 22, 2014, 04:19:39 am »

Damnit Mack, stop. You are making me cringe, reminding me how much I hate cavalry. I really hope their is a nice and satisfying death animation when I impale that horse on a bayonet and chop the rider's damned head off, because I know revolver cavalry is going to piss me off something nasty, and a nice, gruesome, satisfying death fit for bastard cavalry who prey on shooting/bumping/slashing the already misfortunate, cornered and preoccupied fighters and then bragging "hur dur I'm 30 and 1 i'm so good" in game when they would be demolished as infantry.
I'm sure someone will make a mod that makes cavalry explode violently upon death.
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
« Reply #344 on: January 22, 2014, 04:30:24 am »

I'm sure someone will make a mod that makes cavalry explode violently upon death.
My one and only dream, somebody make this happen, please, make sure their is extra giblets in the explosion.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs[/youtube]