Author Topic: For the melee community.  (Read 14290 times)

Offline Vanguard

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14pk_Kpr_Vanguard
  • Side: Union
Re: For the melee community.
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2013, 12:06:03 am »
Kator,I can't really describe it with words...
I attack,lance isn't even launched and yet it kills,annoying.

Offline Slick

• Donator
  • dam im long than a mf
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2013, 12:18:01 am »

Think about it tho, how hard do you have to thrust a lance (if at all) when speeding on a horse to kill a person?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 11:53:28 am by Slick »

Offline OPEN_FIRE

• Sergeant
  • Swords are fun
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3rd_Pte_George_White
  • Side: Union
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2013, 04:48:10 am »
I've spent a lot more time on Native than Napoleonic Wars, so I don't know how I'll sound when I say that I think spamming can be a valid tactic.... sometimes.

For example, if I'm fighting someone and I realize that they feint a lot then my plan would most likely be to spam them. For me the trick is moderation. If it looks like I can pull it off, then I go for it, and stab twice.

But I never, ever expect spamming to work on everyone, or for it to work all the time. It doesn't.

Offline Kator Viridian

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2013, 08:23:07 pm »

Think about it tho, how hard do you have to thrust a lance (if at all) when speeding on a horse to kill a person?

The Thrust damage on a lance is like 30, on a bayonete it is 100, the lance is far far weaker than the bayonete, what makes it powerful is the easy to reach head and the speed of the horse, so your doing more damage plus the 2-4 times multiplier for the full speed of a horse.

With a thrust as long as you are within range pretty much as soon as its launched it will hit you, unfortunatly when blocked it has a must slower thrust time, also moving side to side will stop the lance from hitting you. Remember you only need to hit a lancer once and he cannot block any of the attacked apart from chambering a thrust.

I would definitly blame this on a lack of ability in melee than any fault with the weapons used.

Offline Slick

• Donator
  • dam im long than a mf
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2013, 08:35:48 pm »
Yeah, I'm kinda speaking from a realistic standpoint. He complained about dying to a lance that was barely "launched"(I assume this means thrusted), and I'm pretty much saying that this isn't really a farfetched situation, considering what damage a lancer can do IRL